Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, I didn't say that. I said that this event, paired with a lack of a similar event in the other direction, is not consistent with the idea of systemic racism. The argument is as follows:

1 - Given that this event happened, it's possible within reason for a similar even to happen in the other direction
    2 - With the hypothesis that we live in a systemically racist culture, we would expect such a racist even to occur more frequently against minorities than against the majority
    3 - This is not the case; in fact, no incidents to this degree have been reported, therefore this data is not consistent with a systemically racist culture.

That doesn't mean that we don't live in a systemically racist society. It just weakens the argument. As I said before, more evidence is needed before making a judgement here. Particularly, if we're setting out to demonstrate that society is systemically racist (because we can't prove a negative - that it's not systemically racist), we need to make a case. The above argument is a point against that case, but is not sufficient to draw strong conclusions.
    Another argument against society being systemically racist is that prominent universities have classes with titles like "The Problem of Whiteness". I don't know about you, but I'm going to have a pretty hard time believing that the nation is guilty of modern white supremacy when our intellectual and cultural tastemakers openly disdain whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I saw on reddit that Chicago prosecutors are going to try for a hate crime conviction, they have to prove it in court. I don't know, people say crazy stuff when they're excited. Some people drop the "N bomb" when they get excited, does that mean they are hateful? Not necessarily.
    Yea i too also get a little as you say "excited" when i kidnap and torture special needs people....seriously did you read what you wrote???

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Another argument against society being systemically racist is that prominent universities have classes with titles like "The Problem of Whiteness". I don't know about you, but I'm going to have a pretty hard time believing that the nation is guilty of modern white supremacy when our intellectual and cultural tastemakers openly disdain whites.
    Yep how can you argue that there is a systematic racism against minorities when you are allowed to and even applauded to be openly racist against whites

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't think this would be such a high profile news story if the guy was any other race, which is pretty gross to me.

The people trying to make this about BLM are also gross to me. Not all racist black people support BLM.

How does his race make this a high profile news story? More than double the amount of whites are shot and also killed by police officers in the past years. Quite disproportionate to how many make high profile news stories, compared to when other races are shot.

People have a right to bring BLM into question for many racial activities as well. Substantial amounts rallies and acts of violence that have been shown with racist intentions were from people supporting BLM. Much of which has stirred greater racial tensions within the country and led to numerous problems.

Care to say otherwise? Here's one stupid example, my 60 year old mother was getting into her car when two black men slammed two groceries carts into her car and told her "Black lives matter bitch! Fuck you!" I mean, how dare my mother buy groceries and get into her car, how mean and racist of her. Clearly she deserves that treatment.

This 'movement' primarily started with Brown in Ferguson Missouri too (not with the Treyvon case). A case anyone who spent 5 minutes reading the report can say wasn't racist and the adult (he was 18), more than deserved being shot as he was attempting to murder a police officer for being confronted rightfully. This BLM movement has begun many racist acts of violence and disturbances around the country. It most certainly can be pulled into question and should be. Sorry that the truth is gross to you. Maybe look at factual information and statistics before jumping on the bandwagon.
    and then he cupped my balls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Yep how can you argue that there is a systematic racism against minorities when you are allowed to and even applauded to be openly racist against whites
    Systemic racism against minorities can exist alongside systemic racism against whites. It's not a difficult concept.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't think this would be such a high profile news story if the guy was any other race, which is pretty gross to me.

The people trying to make this about BLM are also gross to me. Not all racist black people support BLM.
    Not all white people are neo nazis either but imagine if they killed a black disabled guy. There would be rioting and killing in the streets.

When its a white guy well, it doesnt matter its just a white guy. See the hyprocrisy there?
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Not all white people are neo nazis either but imagine if they killed a black disabled guy. There would be rioting and killing in the streets.

When its a white guy well, it doesnt matter its just a white guy. See the hyprocrisy there?
    So white people should riot and kill people in the streets for this?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...lol what.

He described the torture as a "despicable hate crime."

This is what amazes me with people who hate Obama or are in love with Trump. I mean...once again, it takes 10 seconds to actually see what somebody has said.

Just because he said he believes that racial tensions haven't gotten worse, he's dancing around the issue?
    I find this pretty ironic since I see you do this all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Who is openly applauding this?
    There does seem to be an undercurrent of support for actions against the prevailing majority, even racist actions, by minorities. I don't think that's true in this case - which is an extreme case - although apparently a few zealots are at least half-defending the actions of these teens, Symone Sanders apparently being one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    You are as mad a Trump supporter in any of the Assange/Wikileaks threads.

Have a bit of self awareness, mate.
    He is a very angry person.

10+ Year Old Account
    And since we're back to talking about race, as with every other thread thus far, locked.