Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You don't really have to relentlessly grind AP unless you want to truly maximise your DPS. The 35th trait is pretty good because it gives you a straight up 5% power increase, but after that you just get a +0.5% increase for each trait purchased (At least that is how it is for my DK DPS specs).

For the past few weeks I've only been doing 'weekly stuff' like LFR/N/HC raids, Karazhan and a single +11 or +12 for weekly chest. Now I've got two artifacts that have over 35 traits and my third is at ~33 traits I believe. I usually finish all of this before reset day ends, then I spend the rest of the week doing other non-WoW things until it's reset day again. I'll probably keep on doing this until Night Hold is finally released.

Pretty much my response

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-01-06 at 02:54 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm raiding mythic and I've never grinded less than I am doing now. The AP flow is steady (at 41 now) by doing a few WQs per day for 20 ish minutes, I get the herbs and reagents I need for food and flasks solely through blood of sargeras trading. I spend so little time preparing for raids these days that I'm actually spending more time on my PvP alt.

If it's a grind that's your problem, you're the one making it one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I wanted to enjoy raiding this expansion , i really like raiding but i feel the grind thats required is way too much even for not hardcore guilds , i just realized that you can even grind up to 54! artifact traits and i though it capped on 35 , the amount of gold spent on consumables is way too much for 3 days raiding , i admit i cant keep up at this point , for someone with many other activities , lfr is really the only way.
    In the words of Cranberries..

In your head, in your head
    Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
    What's in your head, in your head
    Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie, oh

The need to grind is just in your head. You control it.
    You can do just fine in raids without maxing out everything. You need to set limits to yourself though, Blizzard is not "protecting" you.

Deleted
    I wanted to enjoy raiding this expansion , i really like raiding but i feel the grind thats required is way too much even for not hardcore guilds , i just realized that you can even grind up to 54! artifact traits and i though it capped on 35 , the amount of gold spent on consumables is way too much for 3 days raiding , i admit i cant keep up at this point , for someone with many other activities , lfr is really the only way.
    You're putting pressure on yourself. In reality it's not that bad. I mean you're obviously not raiding Mythics with a top tier guild as you're saying LFR is the only way to play for you know. If you're not raiding competitively there's absolutely no need to rush your 54 traits, if you're just raiding Heroic you don't really need to use flasks or consumables either, at least not for all of the bosses. You can literally cut your grind by 90% by getting it out of your head that you need 54 traits to compete and you need to constantly have a stack of 20 flasks in your inventory.

I raid casually at best, I get an invite once a week to a Mythic EN and a 1/3M ToV and I do extremely well on meters, anywhere from 1-3 on the majority of the fights. That's with literally exactly 35 points on the character I've been bringing recently. Also I only have 1 DPS legendary over players who have 2 combined with a minimum of 35 points. It's doable completely, even if I was 10th on the meters I would be happy with it.

You just need to eliminate that idea out of your head and you will have a MUCH more enjoyable time. Ask yourself why are you raiding to begin with? To be top of the meters? Or to get loot and have fun with the game? Even if it's the first one you can still do that with knowledge of your class and fights.

It is becoming quite troubling.

The amount of time an individual has to put into the game in order to remain competitive is considerably higher than in the past. The quality of the content is also much less focused on quality.

Instead, it's focused on forcing you into doing lots of things you don't want to do, especially due to their quality, which is none.

Sad days for WoW we're living. I hope they realize that they're butchering their game.

Deleted
    Its funny that only the Doom sayers are agreeing with the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    So? Not every guild is supposed to kill the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    Thats why we have 4 difficulties so that everyone can kill it at the level they are playing.

That being said, If I focused more on my main instead of fucking around on alts id be at 40 easy and I am in a 2 day a week heroic guild.

Stop being salty and just go away.
    I'm not really salty. Thankfully, I'll be done with my weapon soon.
    No other expantion has demaded as much grind to do the hardest content however. Skill and just good organization used to be the most important parts.

I actually used to grind more befor a new raid in previous expantion just to be able to afford consumables and even gear if it was the first tier. In WoD it was mostly done by boosting though so that was nice.
    While thats still a thing, it doesn't come close to the amount of time it takes to grind AP and legendaries.

You're free to like it but WoW has turend more into a mix between Diablo and lottery. It's not the game I fell in love with all thoes years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm not really salty. Thankfully, I'll be done with my weapon soon.
    No other expantion has demaded as much grind to do the hardest content however. Skill and just good organization used to be the most important parts.

I actually used to grind more befor a new raid in previous expantion just to be able to afford consumables and even gear if it was the first tier. In WoD it was mostly done by boosting though so that was nice.
    While thats still a thing, it doesn't come close to the amount of time it takes to grind AP and legendaries.

You're free to like it but WoW has turend more into a mix between Diablo and lottery. It's not the game I fell in love with all thoes years ago.
    Then please just leave, this game has ALWAYS been a grind in one way or the other.
    At the moment you can hardly call it a grind as you get EVERYTHING from just playing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The grind isn't out of control. You are if you THINK you need all that grind.
    You absolutely don't need more than 35 ranks in your artifact and you absolutely don't need any of the non-dirtcheap consumables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    The grind isn't out of control. You are if you THINK you need all that grind.
    You absolutely don't need more than 35 ranks in your artifact and you absolutely don't need any of the non-dirtcheap consumables.
    That makes no sense at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

As well, this 'grind' has been worse in previous content.
    No it hasnt , it has never been like that before , you had to pay for less consumables before(no runes) and you didnt have to grind emissarys , wqs , mythic+ everyday to maximize your traits.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I definitely spend more time farming (or if you so want "grinding") in earlier times of this game (especially the one that all so fondly remember, namely Classic WoW)

Soooo..."out of control" compared to what?
    My take on this, is back in vanilla days it was less about mix\maxing and more about things were just a slow burn and many more people played casually. Nowadays, we're all youtube all-stars and if you don't mix\max then your just a filthy casual. This is made worse by all the mid-level guilds who want to act like they are World First Guilds and try to have all the World First guild requirements.

At some point I think this whole phase of min\maxing every game one plays will fade away and folks will go back to playing games for fun and enjoyment. Or maybe the burn will continue, but the burnout will become so high that people can only be an All-star for 1 expansion before they decide LFR is more fun.

Deleted
    No it hasnt , it has never been like that before , you had to pay for less consumables before(no runes) and you didnt have to grind emissarys , wqs , mythic+ everyday to maximize your traits.
    Then farm them? Consumables are expensive because its easy to get gold these days so gold is worth less which makes prices go up.
    Not really rocket science and nothing Blizzard can do about it.

You also don't have to grind anything. I am level 37 on my main weapon and 36 on my offpsec and I haven't grinded a single fucking day in legion.
    Again, problem lies with you not with the rest of us or the system.

i will speak for mself, i play legion the same time that i played WoD, and i have to say, i felt so much more in "competence" in wod. :/

of course, i only play whatever makes me have fun, i will never grind. never. Im already grinding real money on my work every day for 9 fcking hours. after that, i only want to enjoy my spare time. not working on artifact traits. Indeed the raids and dungeons are really fun and i love it. i love wow raid, dungeons and classes.

hope in nighthold things are a little bit "easier" or not much time sinking.

yet i love the xpac

btw: OP, come on, i dont like grind but i cant come to an mmorpg forum to complain about grind. that whats its all about. sadly... but it is.

also, im a dumbass who thinks something that they give us the ENTIRE expansion to do has to be done in 5 months
    you forgot the most important line. dont worry, i added it

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-01-06 at 02:16 PM.

Let's be honest, you are not trying to raid in any bleeding edge progression guild/raid team. You have no need other than your own desire to maximize your traits. Heroic raiding only needed 1 gold trait and most had two from normal playing before raids came out. So as long as you have one gold trait you can raid.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Runes are in no way a must. We've cleared mythic EN without popping a single one. None of our first kills went with people using runes beforehand. Flasks and pots have always been around. And for the love of God, you don't have to squeeze out every single AP to be competitive. I've done nothing but WQs with rare-quality AP items with the odd m+ when I WANTED to, and I'm at rank 41 already.

Unless you are preparing to go for world firsts come Nighthold you don't need any of that crap. And if you are, then this should not be a fucking issue to begin with because then of course you're going to have to put in the hours to get there, that's been the case for a long time now.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2017-01-06 at 12:34 PM.

And its all in your head. After lvl 34 you dont even get the bonus from trait levels anymore so its mostly irrelevant. As far as consumables. Blood vendor has helped a lot and consumables costs are WAY lower than they were before. You're the one creating this sense of needing to do or complete something. Hell I barely even do my emissary quests anymore and will typically only do ones that have high AP. I maybe do 2-3 high level mythics a week and pug heroic EN from time to time.

You're the one that sets your limits in game, not blizzard.

As someone whos completely shit at making gold, wastes gold when has said gold, and resides on a low population server where consumable prices are a rip off.....

Its fucking easy to earn enough gold to supply raid nights, we run 9 hours a week, I have more than enough flasks and food every night incase we over run, the only thing I don't buy is potions which are 500-1k a pop, but as we're only casual progress we run with extended knowledge or power w/e it is.