Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    "Higher chance" on that same line of thought, if you jump 5 times before handing in your emissary it increases the chance of a legendary in it.
    If you're a comp that is heavy on people who can get the trinket, personal loot will give the raid more trinkets due to reduced loot pool size for all those involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Im a ret pally with chain of thrayn and liadrins ring. Gimme
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

With PPM scaling with haste, I wonder how many procs we'll actually get from the trinket per Crusade CD.

Well, within meta havoc demon hunters have some of the highest damage of any class in the game. Convergence drops it from a 4 minute CD to a 2.7minute CD (ish). with legendary shoulders, drop another minute off and it lines up with their other 2 minute CD's. I can't imagine it being a whole lot better for any other class than a demon hunter with the legendary shoulders, and it'll be really really good for them even then. With the demonic build a lot of players will be playing, it'll definitely allow them to hit ~100% uptime on metamorphasis, which wont be awful.

Basically, its the extreme BiS trinket in a radically game altering way for most melee classes. Give it to your top players if they're not DK's. If your top players are dk's, tell them to reroll.

Profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Well, within meta havoc demon hunters have some of the highest damage of any class in the game. Convergence drops it from a 4 minute CD to a 2.7minute CD (ish). with legendary shoulders, drop another minute off and it lines up with their other 2 minute CD's. I can't imagine it being a whole lot better for any other class than a demon hunter with the legendary shoulders, and it'll be really really good for them even then. With the demonic build a lot of players will be playing, it'll definitely allow them to hit ~100% uptime on metamorphasis, which wont be awful.

Basically, its the extreme BiS trinket in a radically game altering way for most melee classes. Give it to your top players if they're not DK's. If your top players are dk's, tell them to reroll.

Profit.
    For unholy the trinket is pretty decent/good for frost not, and why if your top players are dks do they need to reroll?

This reminds me of deathbringers will.

I approve.

All the coins to Ellisande

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    A Sin Rogue with 3 x MA relics and the legendary boots ends up with a Vendetta CD of about 40-45seconds. The base CD is 2min, reduced to 1.5 through artifact traits.

If Convergence does end up being ~3ppm as stated on WH, that would put the cooldown at 25-30sec

Vendetta has a 20sec duration. So with Convergence, that's pushing towards a 66-80% uptime on 30% increased damage as well as complete energy refills every time it's used.
    Your math is really bad. 3ppm does not mean 3 procs per cycle, especially when the cooldown is that short.

EDIT: I just did out the maths. Assuming perfect energy usage, 3ppm for the trinket, and the 2pc bleed granting venomous wounds, we'd be looking at a ~33 second cooldown, assuming best case conditions. This goes to 35 seconds without the 2pc effect. Something also fun to theorize is the 4/4 artifact traits coming in 7.2 (even though we won't be using the NH 2pc for very long in this case, still fun to think about) we can theoretically get the cooldown of vendetta to...... ~28 seconds!

EDIT: Well.... damn. Them Master Assassin relics nerfs. RIP
    Last edited by ribthanwa; 2017-01-10 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/c...=3443#comments

In select cases it is useless because it picks a very poor ability, e.g. for Frost DKs it reduces the cooldown of Empower Rune Weapon. If you have Koltira's belt you almost never have a good opportunity to use Empower Rune Weapon, not even with BoS specs
    For BoS builds, this trinket is insane. with Necrofantasia, you can reduce the cooldown of HRW down to 2 minutes, meaning it'll be up for every single breath. And because you always have at least one charge recharging in the back, means none of the trinket procs go to waste either.

Basically, here comes the 800k single target burst with an aoe cleave spell for 1 minute every 2 minutes.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-01-16 at 11:56 PM.

I mean it all depends on the skill of player too; not just give it to the class with the best ability that will benefit from it. As a frost DK with the legendary ring and BoS build, I'm already pulling 600k ST on certain fights. Cannot imagine how I will do with the trinket and the 4-set

Don't know where this notion of it sucking for Frost dks comes from. HRW allows BoS builds to last a good 20+ seconds longer. If I could use HRW each breath it'd be insane. I only have the belt and a Sephuz but even without the ring that works with EPW/HRW it's still crazy good for those builds. Getting 50+ second uptime on every breath instead of 50+ seconds for the odd number breaths (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.) and then 20-30 seconds for the even number breaths (2nd, 4th, etc.) would be pretty good considering it allows us to do some crazy shit.

for rogues it's great for all 3 specs
    but for assa with the leg boots and the right relics it's absolutely insane

i'd imagine it's gonna be the best for rets and DHs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/c...=3443#comments

In select cases it is useless because it picks a very poor ability, e.g. for Frost DKs it reduces the cooldown of Empower Rune Weapon. If you have Koltira's belt you almost never have a good opportunity to use Empower Rune Weapon, not even with BoS specs
    False, you'd assume BoS would never fall off by that logic. The trinket makes BoS stronger for those with the legendary ring, esp with a GS/BoS build. Koltira's RNG doesn't devalue this trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Don't know where this notion of it sucking for Frost dks comes from. HRW allows BoS builds to last a good 20+ seconds longer. If I could use HRW each breath it'd be insane. I only have the belt and a Sephuz but even without the ring that works with EPW/HRW it's still crazy good for those builds. Getting 50+ second uptime on every breath instead of 50+ seconds for the odd number breaths (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.) and then 20-30 seconds for the even number breaths (2nd, 4th, etc.) would be pretty good considering it allows us to do some crazy shit.
    Because Machinegun was the prevalent build before 7.1.5. And Machinegun doesn't really gain much from more empower rune weapons, as they use it to smooth out their rotation.

For BoS, it's insane, because it essentially would put HRW down to 2 minutes with the legendary ring, allow you to use it with every single BoS, and you'd have spares to use for extensive bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This.

Frost BoS relies on not only keeping a long breath up at the start of the fight but also for having HRW available for the next one you do at 2 minutes in. Convergence will make sure that you have it available for your next breath (or 2 charges, if you have SoN). It will literally double your DPS, so...yeah.

It's almost as if Blizzard wanted BoS to come back into the raid meta with the way this works. Now, if the CoF reduced the PoF CD, it'd make MG the meta build again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah just like Soul Cap or Prophecy was in HFC right?
    Or UVLS/RoR in Throne of Thunder. There's a history of OP trinkets never getting nerfed. It's also part of the fun of a solid raid tier imo: the notoriety of items almost turning into brands for their slot.

For Ret Paladins it's a game changer. Their prowess is completely loaded into Crusade, the only downside is that it'll devalue on-use trinkets that would otherwise line up perfectly with Crusade. The synergy with Liadrin's Fury (extra HP generation during Crusade) and Chain of Thrayn (more Crusade damage) is wicked though.

Monks should probably be #1 Priority, then Rets, unsure after.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Monks should probably be #1 Priority, then Rets, unsure after.
    Yeah... No

~10% upgrade doesn't matter the legendaries

~12,5% upgrade without BiS legendaries, ~14% with them.

So yeah, unless your rets are disabled total retards, they should get the trinket frist, and monks are not #2 either
    It is Rets >>>>>>>>>> DH > Monk > Arms and then MAYBE frost DK

Quote Originally Posted by Teroo View Post
    Yeah... No

~10% upgrade doesn't matter the legendaries

~12,5% upgrade without BiS legendaries, ~14% with them.

So yeah, unless your rets are disabled total retards, they should get the trinket frist, and monks are not #2 either
    It is Rets >>>>>>>>>> DH > Monk > Arms and then MAYBE frost DK
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1596453682

Under the serenity tab. Those are the accurate sims.

Also, lul where's MM in that prio list?

i was under the impression the trinket doesnt affect serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    i was under the impression the trinket doesnt affect serenity.
    Well you can see from the sims that the dps heavily varies based on each talent.