Thread: Draenor Flying

Draenor Flying

Does anyone know if this can be bought or if the only way to gain it is still to do those silly three rep grinds, get the treasures, do loremaster and kill the Tanaan rares?

And if it cannot be bought, any information on why?

Thanks!

There's no way to buy it, you have to put in the work for it!

Its accountwide atleast so one-time effort!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reps can be made easier by buying Medallion of the Legion, treasures aren't too bad, and do Loremaster using Alts whilst levelling?

Overall I don't see it being a big issue, because you barely have a reason to return to Draenor in Legion.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I just think it's a bit of a waste of time to do dailies for 19 days, on factions that no longer matter, to get flying on a continent that is outdated :P

In previous expansions, you could buy flying in the next expansion or even when reaching top level.

Anyway, thanks for the replies!

You could buy medallions of the legion off the auction house to speed up the rep grind but for actual cash no bueno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    Does anyone know if this can be bought or if the only way to gain it is still to do those silly three rep grinds, get the treasures, do loremaster and kill the Tanaan rares?

And if it cannot be bought, any information on why?

Thanks!
    You earn it, and then it'll activate when earned.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-01-06 at 09:29 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It takes around 2 full weeks to get the rep, and you only have to do it once.

You can buy medallions of the legion if you want to spend way to much on something that is probably in very short supply.

And this is just one more aspect of why Pathfinder is a stupid system for unlocking flight.

But look on the bright side, at least with the power from having a 110 character, you can blaze through the dailies faster. :/ It's still under a hard time-lock because of rep dailies, but at least it's something.

you mean great system. rewarding those that finished the content with flight.

And yes, I agree. earn things.

The new pathfinder system of earning things is fine, but once content is old and outdated, it doesn't make sense anymore.

There is no reason to keep players grounded on Draenor, and STILL in Pandaria.

The game is oddly inconsistent: Level 60 you get to fly, level 68 you get to fly in Northrend. Level 80 you get to fly through Cataclysm. Then boom Pandaria hits and level 85 through level 110 you are grounded again like it's Vanilla.

It's just another thing in a long lists of missteps Devs have taken since WoW lost it's peak playerbase around the beginning of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Then boom Pandaria hits and level 85 through level 110 you are grounded again
    you can buy "Wisdow of the Four Winds" at level 90 or if your lucky find a copy of Grimoire of the Four Winds and get flying in Pandaria at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The new pathfinder system of earning things is fine, but once content is old and outdated, it doesn't make sense anymore.

There is no reason to keep players grounded on Draenor, and STILL in Pandaria.

The game is oddly inconsistent: Level 60 you get to fly, level 68 you get to fly in Northrend. Level 80 you get to fly through Cataclysm. Then boom Pandaria hits and level 85 through level 110 you are grounded again like it's Vanilla.

It's just another thing in a long lists of missteps Devs have taken since WoW lost it's peak playerbase around the beginning of Cata.
    ya I agree, they started losing subs with the expansion that came with flying at the start of leveling. No wonder they constantly take it out

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    I just think it's a bit of a waste of time to do dailies for 19 days, on factions that no longer matter, to get flying on a continent that is outdated :P

In previous expansions, you could buy flying in the next expansion or even when reaching top level.

Anyway, thanks for the replies!
    On the upside, at 110 you can go in there and nearly 1-shot everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    ya I agree, they started losing subs with the expansion that came with flying at the start of leveling. No wonder they constantly take it out
    Well that's not the only reason, there's many factors to why WoW lost their subs after Wrath.

Most striking of all was that most players felt satisfied and ended their WoW story right there and then. Arthas Is dead, there's no more to do. All the stories that Warcraft 3 teased us with were done and most players didn't want to continue, and the story that followed sure didn't Inspired us.

Another reason Is as you said, flying was also surely a thing, as It cators to casuals the Cataclysm expansion, thats when they really began to cator to casuals In most ways, starting with LFR, and then LFR at the end of Cata.

Another reason Is the talent system revamp, I'm sure that hit a lot of players, and while people argue hybrid talents were Ineffective to have, It was fun... who cared? If you were a raider or a PvPer, sure you had a proper talent tree you stole from some other "Better" player, or you had a hybrid that worked or not, but you had fun playing It but was viable either way.

I myself had this silly hybrid of 75 % Blood DK, and 25 % Frost DK (Back when Frost Spec for DKs was the tanking spec), and I was surprisingly OP In PvP and PvE. After that got nerfed It wasn't so fun, but still! IT was fun to hybrid around and was part of WoW for me.

Many other reasons for WoWs downfall since Cata, I mean story wise you have GREAT potential but Blizzard Isn't using It. You know what might Inspire people who loved the wrath story to come back?

Arthas' SIster, Calia the rightful queen of Lordaeron sits In the priest order hall DOING BUGGER ALL... why? HAVE A STORY WITH HER... have her return to Lordaeron In a blaze of glory, fighting Sylvannas from the east, while Genn helps retake the Capital City from the South, there's some story potential for you Blizz, take It. Use It wisely... I saw someone post that, It's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNemesis View Post
    Well that's not the only reason, there's many factors to why WoW lost their subs after Wrath.

Most striking of all was that most players felt satisfied and ended their WoW story right there and then. Arthas Is dead, there's no more to do. All the stories that Warcraft 3 teased us with were done and most players didn't want to continue, and the story that followed sure didn't Inspired us.

Another reason Is as you said, flying was also surely a thing, as It cators to casuals the Cataclysm expansion, thats when they really began to cator to casuals In most ways, starting with LFR, and then LFR at the end of Cata.

Another reason Is the talent system revamp, I'm sure that hit a lot of players, and while people argue hybrid talents were Ineffective to have, It was fun... who cared? If you were a raider or a PvPer, sure you had a proper talent tree you stole from some other "Better" player, or you had a hybrid that worked or not, but you had fun playing It but was viable either way.

I myself had this silly hybrid of 75 % Blood DK, and 25 % Frost DK (Back when Frost Spec for DKs was the tanking spec), and I was surprisingly OP In PvP and PvE. After that got nerfed It wasn't so fun, but still! IT was fun to hybrid around and was part of WoW for me.

Many other reasons for WoWs downfall since Cata, I mean story wise you have GREAT potential but Blizzard Isn't using It. You know what might Inspire people who loved the wrath story to come back?

Arthas' SIster, Calia the rightful queen of Lordaeron sits In the priest order hall DOING BUGGER ALL... why? HAVE A STORY WITH HER... have her return to Lordaeron In a blaze of glory, fighting Sylvannas from the east, while Genn helps retake the Capital City from the South, there's some story potential for you Blizz, take It. Use It wisely... I saw someone post that, It's a great idea.
    Surprisingly OP in what, normal 5mans?

And frost was never the premier tank spec, maybe for people who were clueless and tried to DW tank for god alone knows what reason. And even if you went frost, you'd do it with a 2h, since you would generate way more rune strike threat, way more strike threat(ob/ds), and not parryhaste yourself to death. Blood was leaps and bounds above frost as long as you actually tried to tank and not spam HB like a mongoloid, as well as being pretty much immortal along with more reliable cds. Blood became the "tank spec" because every tank worth his salt was blood

I digress. Wow losing subs is a dumb meme at this point. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. "Downfall" is a silly thing to say because WoW is still extremely profitable as an IP/franchise.

Sadly no. On the positive side the thing that is the most time consuming is the loremaster achievement, which unless you hate questing you should have gotten while leveling to 100. With Tanaan you just have to do the dailies everyday for like, I think, a month.

As for me - it's better to do all this crap once and forget about it forever, than way, we needed to do it back in MOP - to try to buy it from Black Market and if you can't or think it isn't worth 10K gold (real price from my server, cuz this item was extremely popular) - then you're doomed to ruin your questing experience. I totally enjoy Tanaan now, but always skip MOP via questing in Cata till 90 (it's possible), despite of liking MOP questing. What is better?

Yeah, I understand, that sole fact, that devs hold flying as hostage in order to force you to do content, you don't want to do - is complete BS. But this is their design philosophy now. There weren't any problems with flying in the past. But all of a sudden they decided to create them and now flying is considered big evil. I've completed all this no flying crap once and have forgotten about it forever. Bad thing for Blizzard - I won't do it again in Legion. If they think, that I will buy Legion, when 7.2 will be released, as I've done with 6.2 - they they're fools. Nobody would buy xpack for full price, when it's completely obsoleted. Even for half of it's price. Especially if we'll take into account, that even release of flying won't fix many other flawed design decisions, Blizzard have made in Legion.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.