AMD Fx 6300 Processor

Evening,

So I am currently waiting for the zen line to release to see how it performs/to see if the intel prices go down with more competition. Currently in legion, how bad of performance can I expect to see from an AMD Fx 6300. Now I know Intel seems to run better with blizzard games but. Assuming 1080p and paired with say a 1060 3gb or so, should I expect really really low FPS and very high bottlenecking, or can I at least expect around 60 fps (3-4 setting) in raid settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont quite understand.

Are you planning on buying a system with an FX-6300, or already have one?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I currently am switching out parts from 2 computers, long story. I am just asking how a fx 6300 will perform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should perform fine, just don't expect 60 fps in raids. More like 30 fps is about where you'd expect to see.

And that is around like 3-4 settings yea?

How do you think the Intel prices are going to fair if the zen line releases and AMD gets it right this time around. I would assume with closer competition the prices would fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't change, most likely.

That said, just play wow and see what you get. Whether or not it plays well won't change what you're doing, will it?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    And that is around like 3-4 settings yea?
    I'd say about 5-6, but that depends on the rest of the system.
    How do you think the Intel prices are going to fair if the zen line releases and AMD gets it right this time around. I would assume with closer competition the prices would fall.
    Intel is unlikely to change prices. If anything, Intel will introduce new products that just so happen to be cheaper. Intel has a reputation they can leach off for a while, plus they have a stay of execution. The 8 core Zen won't be out for a while, and the 6 core and 4 core versions will be out months later. Giving Intel plenty of time for a product refresh. Nvidia will do the same with Vega as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'd say about 5-6, but that depends on the rest of the system.

Intel is unlikely to change prices. If anything, Intel will introduce new products that just so happen to be cheaper. Intel has a reputation they can leach off for a while, plus they have a stay of execution. The 8 core Zen won't be out for a while, and the 6 core and 4 core versions will be out months later. Giving Intel plenty of time for a product refresh. Nvidia will do the same with Vega as well.
    Actually that seems to be incorrect, according to pcworld all zen cpus will be avaible at launch.

Iam using 6300 with 7850, if you go conservative on effects you can easily hit 60-70 or more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Actually that seems to be incorrect, according to pcworld all zen cpus will be avaible at launch.
    I'm going by rumors. I haven't heard anything about all their Zen CPUs being released at once. That's not a bad thing, just bad for Intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'm going by rumors. I haven't heard anything about all their Zen CPUs being released at once. That's not a bad thing, just bad for Intel.
    With everything riding on Ryzen’s launch, AMD isn’t taking chances. Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager of AMD’s Computing and Graphics business, told PCWorld that Ryzen chips will be available from day one. “We’re not going to do a paper launch,” he said, referring to a “launch” where customers have to wait weeks or months for the products to actually arrive. “We’ve done that before. We’re not going to mess with it.”

http://www.infoworld.com/video/73015...ts-at-ces-2017

http://www.pcworld.com/article/31551...our-years.html

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MSI alone has 20 board models ready to ship so that says something about their confidence in the platform. Flood the market to keep availability up and prices low is also okay in my books.

Personally, if the path to a 4c/8t or even 6c/12t processor and AM4 B350 board is cheaper than the 6700k I'm eyeing up ($450+ CAD) and delivers Haswell+ performance then I wouldn't be upset with switching platforms again and have another red box.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-01-09 at 03:37 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.