Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    because the game gives everything to you. its why its bad

Infracted.
    Let me guess, you're stuck at grift 70? Diablo is all about the farming, sure you get a bunch of stuff when you hit 70 now, with the gift. But to be able to climb you still have to farm a shit ton to get the right pieces, and paragons. Not sure how "everything is handed to you" fits in to be honest.

The game is bad because the Diablo crew is too small, and every season is the same now, with minimal changes to sets. Compared to earlier, when every season there was a bunch of new items that would change up builds completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    -snip-
    Don't agree much on "getting the right pieces" part (in the sense that it isn't hard to gather the baseline stuff you need to define a build), though you need to farm for the right rolls to progress sensibly at high levels. Anyway i agree completely that you need to be on 24/7 to stand a chance - getting to 70 and the free set is just the beginning.

I could go all the way about paragon being boring but mandatory and how playing the "meta" party is 1000x more efficient than the standard casual fancy build many people play, but that's another story. I'm content with journey alone, i agree with the fact that a lot of stuff is thrown at you for free at the beginning but there's still a lot more to do if one wants.

For me, i'd like to see reasons to play after i'm done with the journey instead of meaningless ladders and GRs progression. Paragon is an "alternate progression" for Blizzard, but actually is useless for anyone who doesn't do ladders and mandatory for who does.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't agree much on "getting the right pieces" part (in the sense that it isn't hard to gather the baseline stuff you need to define a build), though you need to farm for the right rolls to progress sensibly at high levels. Anyway i agree completely that you need to be on 24/7 to stand a chance - getting to 70 and the free set is just the beginning.

I could go all the way about paragon being boring but mandatory and how playing the "meta" party is 1000x more efficient than the standard casual fancy build many people play, but that's another story. I'm content with journey alone, i agree with the fact that a lot of stuff is thrown at you for free at the beginning but there's still a lot more to do if one wants.

For me, i'd like to see reasons to play after i'm done with the journey instead of meaningless ladders and GRs progression. Paragon is an "alternate progression" for Blizzard, but actually is useless for anyone who doesn't do ladders and mandatory for who does.
    I agree, Paragons could be removed for all I care. Climbing the ladder is only about farming 24/7 to get 2k paragon levels, and while you do that everything else comes with it.

And meta will always be there, they can't balance all builds to be 100% the same, so there will always be that one combo of classes/sets that does well together, while others doesn't. But as long as you don't care about being top 100, that shouldn't be an issue, just play what you find fun etc. Me and my clan usually push really hard the first couple of days, get to at least top 10 and take a screen shot and after that we just play for fun, or stop playing (as we've done the last few seasons, because they are starting to get rather dull).
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

-snip-
    I would just see more stuff not tied to GRs or ladders for once. They're going to release the Challenge Rifts, which are basically a snapshot of a random rift clear from a player and everyone has the chance to try to beat the timer.....on another freakin ladder. I mean, they literally don't add anything relevant to the gameplay.

I agree with the meta. You simply cannot remove it. It has also its place in GRs and ladder climbing. There needs to be something else to do/farm who caters to the huge part of playerbase that doesn't care about ladders - something you can farm over time that gives you something more relevant than +5 mainstat.

I would just see more stuff not tied to GRs or ladders for once. They're going to release the Challenge Rifts, which are basically a snapshot of a random rift clear from a player and everyone has the chance to try to beat the timer.....on another freakin ladder. I mean, they literally don't add anything relevant to the gameplay.

I agree with the meta. You simply cannot remove it. It has also its place in GRs and ladder climbing. There needs to be something else to do/farm who caters to the huge part of playerbase that doesn't care about ladders - something you can farm over time that gives you something more relevant than +5 mainstat.
    Indeed, the Journey is something at least, but not enough to keep players interested for more than a week-ish, if that long.

Indeed, the Journey is something at least, but not enough to keep players interested for more than a week-ish, if that long.
    It takes much longer for me, but only because i don't play anywhere much and usually solo. Hell, i have some friends that start friday night and by saturday afternoon are done with it.

I'd like to see something other than paragon - a talent tree or something like Grim Dawn devotion system or PoE talent tree you can progress through BUT it's not active in GRs and you can get the "currency" for it on other activities BUT not GRs. I don't really have much of a structured idea, but a lot of stuff comes to my mind and merging everything together may be worse than current game state.

Since Paragon are basically a passive "time played to power" equation, instead of revamping them for the same result i'd just work on another additional progress system.

It takes much longer for me, but only because i don't play anywhere much and usually solo. Hell, i have some friends that start friday night and by saturday afternoon are done with it.

I'd like to see something other than paragon - a talent tree or something like Grim Dawn devotion system or PoE talent tree you can progress through BUT it's not active in GRs and you can get the "currency" for it on other activities BUT not GRs. I don't really have much of a structured idea, but a lot of stuff comes to my mind and merging everything together may be worse than current game state.

Since Paragon are basically a passive "time played to power" equation, instead of revamping them for the same result i'd just work on another additional progress system.
    I agree. Paragon levels aren't the worst thing I've ever seen, but there are definitely ways to do things better. PoE has a great thing going for it with the combination of their passive talent maze and linked gem sockets on gear. The customization is endless. I would like to see skill runes in D3 do something similar.

Another thing that PoE does better than D3 is the short-term leagues. Races, hardcore, challenges, and different modifiers to the regular seasons. For instance, right now there are randomly spawning "rifts" that you can click in the game world. When you do a slowly expanding circle of badness starts spreading. Inside the circle more difficult mobs spawn, and also clickable objects to drop loot.

It's a little thing, but it mitigates the monotony of the grind a little bit. Mini events like that scattered through the seasons would be nice.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the most efficient way and I was still 70 after a few hours of play (and I play HC). Even casual players can do it in under 6 hours.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.