Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    After simming myself I do more damage with exang, running EP & Vigor in 7.1.5 simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    After simming myself I do more damage with exang, running EP & Vigor in 7.1.5 simcraft.
    Strange, I was sure Exsang would favor Deeper Stratagem so that it could last longer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    maybe thanks the fix for kingsbane-vendetta

EDIT: simming, the biggest difference beetwen ep/ap and mp/ap is the kingsbane damage, meanwhile the lost mut,garrote and rupture damage is balanced thanks poison bomb

the difference in envenom's damage is only 2K with my actual gear
    what do you mean with balanced due to poisen bomb? Did they changed anything about the proc rate or damage?
    Would be awesome if they raise the procchance and lower the damage, so it could proc more often on AoE Packs.

Im simming the highest with mp/vigor/AP with all mastery gems/enchants. But MP/DS/AP with all mastery gems/enchants is about 4.1k behind. when i kept the current setup of ep/ap/DS i lost about 2k dps along with the same enchant/gem setup. When i switched to the mp/vigor/AP along with swapping my gems/enchants i gained about 28k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Strange, I was sure Exsang would favor Deeper Stratagem so that it could last longer
    I'm sure the pandemic remains the same for Rupture regardless, so you don't lose any duration, since you normally refresh early - 3 seconds tops at a guess.

I have the boots & bracers, so more energy to play with, plus the fact vendetta fills your energy probably helps boost it's value.

I have boots, but not bracers, so exsang sims about 20k lower than AP for me in 7.1.5 simc. I could see the bracers boosting exsang enough to bring exsang out on top. That's probably going to be a good thing for NH fights.

Also I was curious what stat distributions would be optimal, so yesterday did some stats shuffling to see where i could max things out. It seems at my gear ilvl that MP/Vigor/AP wants about 27% crit with everything else in mastery (195%), no vers (which I suspect would be hard to achieve that exact gear, lol), while EP/Vigor/exsang wants about 41% crit, 11% vers, and whatever's left in mastery. This will likely change as ilvl goes up, gear and procs change around, etc. It would be annoying trying to come up with two sets of gear for each style. Picking one set of gear that's about half way between costs 7-8k to each of the two talent styles.

How do you use AP on cleave targets in NH. Do you just focus on 5 stack on one and rupture the rest, or does the other poison come out ahead on 2+?

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    what do you mean with balanced due to poisen bomb? Did they changed anything about the proc rate or damage?
    Would be awesome if they raise the procchance and lower the damage, so it could proc more often on AoE Packs.
    in the changing from EP to MP mut, garrote and rupture lose dps, meanwhile poisonbomb is improved. the amount is basically the same

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    That's a new problem we'll face

Given we pick Vigor, we will end up wasting a few CPs, much more if we have a high crit, while if we have Anticipation, we will waste zero, BUT won't have the extra energy and regen ... dayum
    Was Envenom damage normalized by per-CP damage? I know rupture was, but if envenom is still working as a "the more CP you use, the more damage you get per CP," then DP may still be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Was Envenom damage normalized by per-CP damage? I know rupture was, but if envenom is still working as a "the more CP you use, the more damage you get per CP," then DP may still be worthwhile.
    Envenom never worked like that to begin with. It was only rupture because combo points increased both the duration and the per-tick damage which in return meant that total damage per rupture cast would have close to cubic growth with combo points.

Or looking at it rotationally: Using more CPs would increase per-tick damage while also reducing the frequency at which you had to spend energy to refresh rupture. In 7.1.5, only the latter part will be true. (Caveat: Exsa will still favor a longer duration Rupture for obvious reasons.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I'm sure the pandemic remains the same for Rupture regardless, so you don't lose any duration, since you normally refresh early - 3 seconds tops at a guess.

I have the boots & bracers, so more energy to play with, plus the fact vendetta fills your energy probably helps boost it's value.
    Pandemic allows you to get up to 30% of the applied duration as extra duration if the DoT was still active. That means a 5 CP rupture can only extend to 31.2 seconds whereas a 6 CP rupture can extend up to 36.4 seconds. That's trivial to test by the way.

Having a 35.4s instead of a 30.2s rupture (-1s for GCD) means that you effectively have 17.7s instead of 15.1s of exsanguinate every 45 seconds, that's a 17.2% relative increase in exsanguinate uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Envenom never worked like that to begin with. It was only rupture because combo points increased both the duration and the per-tick damage which in return meant that total damage per rupture cast would have close to cubic growth with combo points.

Or looking at it rotationally: Using more CPs would increase per-tick damage while also reducing the frequency at which you had to spend energy to refresh rupture. In 7.1.5, only the latter part will be true. (Caveat: Exsa will still favor a longer duration Rupture for obvious reasons.)

- - - Updated - - -

Pandemic allows you to get up to 30% of the applied duration as extra duration if the DoT was still active. That means a 5 CP rupture can only extend to 31.2 seconds whereas a 6 CP rupture can extend up to 36.4 seconds. That's trivial to test by the way.

Having a 35.4s instead of a 30.2s rupture (-1s for GCD) means that you effectively have 17.7s instead of 15.1s of exsanguinate every 45 seconds, that's a 17.2% relative increase in exsanguinate uptime.
    That's great.

As I said before, my sims show Vigor as better. Blame simcraft if you disagree.

Just simmed all posible talent choices. Thats my rogue http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dosus/advanced

MP/DS/AP looks strongest for me atm. MP is about 30K over EP. Same for AP being around 30k over Exsa.

On the other hand DS/Anticipation/Vigor are all pretty much on par (533K with ds, 531K with vigor and 528K Anticipation). Looks like there is no bad choice in that row.

PS: We didnt kill guarm yet, after Nighthold release date being announced our guild decided to stop raiding and just farm m+ to get 54 for Nighthold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Why is sub Mythic so high on 3 targets

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    maybe thanks the fix for kingsbane-vendetta

EDIT: simming, the biggest difference beetwen ep/ap and mp/ap is the kingsbane damage, meanwhile the lost mut,garrote and rupture damage is balanced thanks poison bomb

the difference in envenom's damage is only 2K with my actual gear
    I was looking through the patch notes and do not see any changes for "fix for kingsbane-vendetta". Can someone clarify what was changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    I was looking through the patch notes and do not see any changes for "fix for kingsbane-vendetta". Can someone clarify what was changed?
    now vendetta should improve kingsbane damage