Question Loot rules - LF advice

Hi, we are a Group of friends wich had been raiding together for a very long time (Dragon Soul and on...).
    We have a decent progress and very good players (80+ parses on 70% of the group). We analise logs, find the best strat for us and help each other.

We never "have" loot problems, but since Flex raiding we start to see some of those.

We fixed them in some way with "request loot" and this ideas:

Need: MS - High upgrade (+10 ilvl)
    Greed: MS - Minor upgrade
    D/E: Off spect

We lose a few players over HFC cause of some stupid rules some of the oficers start on; but we keep goin (no Mytic on intention). For that I start to raid with another group and find my own myt progress outside my "gluidies".

Legion got a few more freinds on others guild and we got 30 people on normal - heroic; we did that on personal loot so at first no problem at sight.
    As the weeks goes on, we start to d/e a lot of loot; cause the one some need couldn´t be traded.

So we start with the old system.

The problem?
    Some spects give more utility to low gear (fire mages in example).

This is going to keep happening on NH?
    Cause this will bring a lot of problems on our core.

And how hard is to go for a loot council?

I read a few guilds that go with this and got 4 officers and 3 raides (make them rotate all weeks).

Sorry my my english; my first language is spanish and may had comitted a lot of grammar mistakes.

cheers!

if you cant loot council without drama drop it and do personal.
    if you can get away with it loot council in a perfect world is the best option.

Deleted
    Use Ask Mr. Robot's loot council. It works really well and it is easy. The only problem is trinkets, because the addon does not handle them well; you would need players to know which trinkets do they actually need.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are never gonna get a perfect situation, since some players know alot more about their class then any officer will, so their word might be better then say so. But as Stanislav said before, if you can not make a loot council without people complaining or whinning, then really don't do it. Loot council can, if recieved bad, become a guild breaker, since people might feel like they are ruled instead of lead and not getting any gear can be hard for anybody.

So if you see some drama, that you can't just fix with a quick talk, then just go back to personal. It is not a bad system and it keeps the peace among most raiders It also reduces raid time by 30-45 min in total, if you see how long it takes to give loot for 6 bosses onto 30 people.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Use Ask Mr. Robot's loot council. It works really well and it is easy. The only problem is trinkets, because the addon does not handle them well; you would need players to know which trinkets do they actually need.
    Yeaa no, takes a damn while, and isn't even good.

But if you're going to do loot on anything that isn't PL. Get bislists, going by but it's 10 ilvls better, isn't a good system at all. An example, Nythendra ring may only be 5 Ilvl upgrade for the demonhunter, and a 10 for your MM hunter. But by giving it to the Hunter, he'll GAIN less dps than the demon hunter would have gained, since that ring is BIS for him.

So bis lists for anything that isn't PL, since if people care ONLY for loot, they shouldn't be there in the first place. Loot is a group resource, distribute it properly, if someone leaves from not getting that ring. Be happy, you just got rid of a player you didn't want in the first place.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    So bis lists for anything that isn't PL, since if people care ONLY for loot, they shouldn't be there in the first place. Loot is a group resource, distribute it properly, if someone leaves from not getting that ring. Be happy, you just got rid of a player you didn't want in the first place.
    Pretty much this, it depends on the mentality of your team. If they only care about their own loot, and not increasing the raids overall performance (thus getting more loot), personal loot is probably your best option to avoid drama.. but if you have people leaving over single items then you're probably better off.