Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    With how vital magic/summons were to the game, I'm more than certain the battle system is going to be all sorts of ruined, when it follows the FF15 route.
    It's not going to be like FFXV. From what we've seen the closest comparison would be Kingdom Hearts, which still isn't great... But at we're getting an ATB bar and character switching, so there's still SOME hope.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The game combat apparently is all about action and running around, jumping, acrobactics... I can see every character (even Caith Sith) doing that, but...

How does Aerith fits into that thing? I honestly don't see her doing stuff that Cloud or Tifa do, unless she does it with magic or something.

In the end, I don't really mind them splitting into 3 chapters, if in the end they give us the exploration feeling/endgame feeling that the original had.

My expectations:
    - Fix useless characters like Caith Sith or Vincent's limit breaks
    - Make Limit Breaks more interactible
    - Bring Gold Saucer back, and improve/give new games

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    The game combat apparently is all about action and running around, jumping, acrobactics... I can see every character (even Caith Sith) doing that, but...

How does Aerith fits into that thing? I honestly don't see her doing stuff that Cloud or Tifa do, unless she does it with magic or something.

In the end, I don't really mind them splitting into 3 chapters, if in the end they give us the exploration feeling/endgame feeling that the original had.

My expectations:
    - Fix useless characters like Caith Sith or Vincent's limit breaks
    - Make Limit Breaks more interactible
    - Bring Gold Saucer back, and improve/give new games
    Tbh if you knew how to manipulate Cait Siths slots he could be OP as hell because his Death slot oneshots the Weapons. Or you could just do the Overflow glitch with Vincent or Barret and oneshot them.

overflow glitch does not one shot ruby :P he actually has enough defense to negate it...Emerald on the other hand....

however you are right with the Cait Sith manipulation but it is EXTREMELY difficult to master... also I would grind the overflow on Barret over vincent anyday...seriously grinding all those kills versus a couple of materia...yeah no

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    overflow glitch does not one shot ruby :P he actually has enough defense to negate it...Emerald on the other hand....

however you are right with the Cait Sith manipulation but it is EXTREMELY difficult to master... also I would grind the overflow on Barret over vincent anyday...seriously grinding all those kills versus a couple of materia...yeah no
    It's actually 8 mastered KOTR in his Missing Score weapon. Honestly just equip Mega-All to Vincent and grind those 5 packs of mobs near Junon. The weird plant ones with Grand Spark.

But yeah my bad. Doesn't work on Ruby.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect nothing, I hope they'll add a mode with the original soundtrack, that the colors will be better chosen than in the shown screens

To me it basically looks like a cross between

Crisis Core

+

Final Fantasy 12

+

Final Fantasy 15

Which i'm totally fine with, all great games.

As for expectations? hmm, lots and lots of side content please, I love side content in FF games, especially the side content 7 had to offer. Would love to see the battle arena expanded some what or even something similar to FFX's Arena (asking for a lot there I suppose)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's actually 8 mastered KOTR in his Missing Score weapon. Honestly just equip Mega-All to Vincent and grind those 5 packs of mobs near Junon. The weird plant ones with Grand Spark.

But yeah my bad. Doesn't work on Ruby.
    but it takes Vincent 65,535 kills....which makes a little over 13,000 encounters of those 5 enemy groups (or about 90 hours of grinding assuming the battles take about 30 seconds from start of fight to end)....with the triple AP weapons and the crater will still take 8 mastered KOTRs in a heart beat..at least its a WAY more efficient use of a grind, especially since it just gets easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone tried the new threat mod?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The magic and the summons worked pretty well in Kingdom Hearts, FF7 seems to be the same kind of system, just with better graphics. Personally loved KH combat system and most people seemed to enjoy it a lot, I find it odd that people are already claiming it will suck because derp a derp =/
    Yeah, but if you derp a derp how can you derp the derp? KH was pretty fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I want is not being stuck to controlling Emo Boy...I mean Cloud the entire game. Whether on world or battle. Hope it's like other RPGs where you can set a leader and control said leader outside of battles/in battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Only thing I want is not being stuck to controlling Emo Boy...I mean Cloud the entire game. Whether on world or battle. Hope it's like other RPGs where you can set a leader and control said leader outside of battles/in battles.
    The latest screenshots seem to imply that you can swap between characters. In which case I will almost exclusively be controlling Cid.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30