Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dauntless (PC) - The European Monster Hunter

Dauntless is a Free to Play Online Co-op Multiplayer game coming in 2017. It's pretty much inspired by Monster Hunter and it's almost a copy of it. (with the little that we know about it).
    As a Monster Hunter fan, being one of my favorite games of all time, i'm pretty much hyped for this one.
    I really hope they don't mess this one up because i have been wanting a Monster Hunter game for a big screen for a long time man.
    Basically you hunt monsters in multiplayer and craft better gear with materials that the monster drop.

Official Trailer

Gameplay Video
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-07 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is blood?

Also..does it has the same horible camera and character control like monster hunter?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Where is blood?

Also..does it has the same horible camera and character control like monster hunter?
    We know very little about the game.
    All i know is that the company of the game is Phoenix Labs and it's a mixture of Blizzard / Bioware employees. Seems pretty good mix to me

As for the camera, you are right, i had to develop a hand technique just to play Monster Hunter i call it the "Eagle Claw Stance" ahah
    My index finger is on the analog stick and my thumb is on the directional pad and i'm constantly moving the camera like that.
    My problem for the N3DS version of Monster Hunter is that the Eagle CLaw Stance (lol) doesn't work so i suffer from the same problems you have with the game for the first time and i hate it.

I just want this game to be amazing man, i'm tired of handheld versions of Monster Hunter. Plz god make this work.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-07 at 06:10 PM.

I started mh with a n3ds and I did the mod to the C stick so I don't really know / understand the issues people have with the camera.

Yeah tho I've been keeping an eye on this because I've been dying for a high res MH. I mean... vindictus is pretty much on the money with that but the extremely shitty gearing system with the typical korean p2w cash grab really takes away from it. Didn't help either that when they got hacked and lost everyone's account info that they didn't feel the need to tell the community and when people started losing their hard earned items they did not reimburse anyone or even make attempts to get peoples crap back.

Hopefully this game doesn't pull something like that. Also worried that I haven't seen any dual sword footage, but I guess I'll see how things pan out since everythings so early.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I started mh with a n3ds and I did the mod to the C stick so I don't really know / understand the issues people have with the camera.
    Another "eagle claw stance" user? So rare
    I played the PS2 version in a even weirder way. Both my thumbs in oposing analog sticks and the index finger on the camera.
    Monster Hunter requires hand skills to play it optimal because of the camera

The claw thing was extremely common with the regular 3ds, which was a huge reason for the boost in circle pad pro sales. But again I have a n3ds with a modded c stick, so I have no reason to do any such thing. Just play with thumbs and my pointers on L and R.

Deleted
    I just remembered we are discussing camera problems for a PC game played with mouse...
    Very unlikely that is going to happen

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, PC you say? Hopefully the controls are decent. I always wanted to get into MH but battling the control scheme turned me off to the series. I want a challenging game but I don't want that challenge to come from fighting with my character to get him to do what I want.

The gameplay demo looks underwhelming. I don't know how to describe it, doesn't look "crunchy" enough. Timing attacks is all well and good but that video just seems 'meh'. Monster AI seems slow and unresponsive.

Bonus points for using an owlbear though, as a DnD nerd this makes me happy.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-01-07 at 07:09 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Looks interesting and I always wanted to get into a MH or MH style game.

Just never bought MHG for my 3DS since I missed the recent sell and I only played MH3 for like 5mins. It will be f2p so u can't beat that.

Would love for the MH Ps4 game to come to the west and not be p2p.

(Hope this comes to Ps4 since I rather play it there)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-07 at 07:41 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Really like the visuals.

You lose me when you go for realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    The gameplay demo looks underwhelming
    It's pre-alpha, the games barely working at the point in the video.

I have to say You've surprised me with that game, very positively. It really came out of nowhere (I love when it happends) and this looks really really great. It has the atmosphere which I'am looking for tbh. Definitely interested and will follow the updates, maybe pre-order, time will tell.
    As always - the only thing I dislike is that it probably won't release the year it has been revealed (this year) But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I have to say You've surprised me with that game, very positively. It really came out of nowhere (I love when it happends) and this looks really really great. It has the atmosphere which I'am looking for tbh. Definitely interested and will follow the updates, maybe pre-order, time will tell.
    As always - the only thing I dislike is that it probably won't release the year it has been revealed (this year) But oh well.
    Ya when they announced it I though it was another MOBA. I am quite happy it isn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya when they announced it I though it was another MOBA. I am quite happy it isn't.
    Yeah. I am guessing that the era of moba has ended just like the mmo era. Last year we've had lots of platformer, simulation, story rich and survival games, this year we will have more survival and coop games + some story rich.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-01-08 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    this year we will have more survival and coop games + some story rich.
    God I hope so, I'm kinda replacing MMO's with Looter games like Diablo, Borderlands and Monster Hunter style games. Would love for more Co-Op games like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    God I hope so, I'm kinda replacing MMO's with Looter games like Diablo, Borderlands and Monster Hunter style games. Would love for more Co-Op games like that.
    This x all the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks dope but is obviously still early development stuff.

They better let me use a controller though.

Uh, this looks definitely worth keeping an eye on. Still not a lot to talk about - only thing i'd like is to have controller and Steam release so i can play it on the couch
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

After trying for a few days to get onto the official Monster Hunter MMO (and failing dismally) I'm quite looking forward to this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I know that's alpha footage but not a big fan of no ranged class.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"