Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is there a Looter game on 3DS that's like Diablo/Borderlands.

Like the title says Is there a Looter game on 3DS that's like Diablo/Borderlands.

I was going to get Monster Hunter Gen but I missed the sell and didn't want to spend $40 on a game I may not like. So is there any other looter style games on the 3DS.

Did consider Final Fantasy Explorers but if the online is dead ill be sad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You can return pre-owned games at Gamestop up to seven days after purchase. So "rent" the titles and see if you like them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    You can return pre-owned games at Gamestop up to seven days after purchase. So "rent" the titles and see if you like them.
    True, I have considered doing that if I can't find something else. Also considered just grabbing MH3 or MH4 for like $10 and if I play it enough ill get MHG.

Sucks I missed out on the MHG sell
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Yeah, I missed out on the MH sale too, but it's still a solid title that's worth the price if you're a fan of the series. The only other dungeon crawler I can think of is Heroes of Ruin.

If you are into MH, then it should give you plenty to satisfy the looter-craving feel, for a long while.

MONSTER. HUNTER
    O
    N
    S
    T
    E
    R

H
    U
    N
    T
    E
    R

4000 hours in the series, more than the souls or final fantasy games. Shit is amazing.

But MH4U is better than MHG.

Deleted
    Buy Monster Hunter already @Jtbrig7390. You have been postponing it for centuries
    It's a looter and the only downsides are:
    -It's handheld (but you said you wanted a handheld)
    -You need to play it differently with your hands if you want free camera control otherwise is a pain in the ass. At least for me.

Like this: (the image is for PSP but it's the same grip only on N3DS)

Or you can buy the Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro: (that comes with monster hunter in Japan)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-08 at 01:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just hack your 3ds and try out mh and if you like it then buy it. ALthough I wouldn't see a reason to at that point.

Fantasy Life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just hack your 3ds and try out mh and if you like it then buy it. ALthough I wouldn't see a reason to at that point.
    Downloading the demo is way easier And you can play online with other people on the demo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Downloading the demo is way easier And you can play online with other people on the demo.
    That works well enough, but being homeless and poor most of my life makes me perfectly fine with pirating games

Buy Monster Hunter already @Jtbrig7390. You have been postponing it for centuries
    -You need to play it differently with your hands if you want free camera control otherwise is a pain in the ass. At least for me.

[IMG]http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/MnW-ganA2cM/mqdefault.jpg[IMG]

Or you can buy the Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro: (that comes with monster hunter in Japan)
    [IMG]https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PB-_aS7bgAekChsfOKzr4ufxx1A=/0x0:1020x680/1025x683/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/824958/nintendo-3ds-hero-rm-verge-1020.jpg[IMG]
    The Fabled Crab Claw in action!

Yeah, PSP might have had a larger screen, but god the controls on the 3DS with the nub or nub accessories is a LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Yeah, PSP might have had a larger screen
    Wut...

If playing on a regular 3DS or 2DS I guess, the XL is definitely bigger then the PSP screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wut...

If playing on a regular 3DS or 2DS I guess, the XL is definitely bigger then the PSP screen.
    IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME MAN OKAY.

For some reason I'm remembering the PSP screen being very close to the Vita in size. Maybe it is, and the Vita's screen isn't as large as I remember either.

Ya I think I'm going to just finally say fuck it and buy MHG tomorrow. Also I got a New 3DS (Majora's Mask Limited Edition) so the circle stick isn't a issue.

Thanks for all the replys guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fantasy Life
    Tried it, though it was ok but said it lacked Online Multiplayer.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know that, I downloaded the demo ages ago. ill play it for a bit tonight and grab the full version tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME MAN OKAY.

For some reason I'm remembering the PSP screen being very close to the Vita in size. Maybe it is, and the Vita's screen isn't as large as I remember either.
    The PSP screen is like half the size of a vita

Actually the new Target Cam works well for people without a CPP or a N3DS. My friend plays without either and just tap the target on the screen and use R to adjust the camera right to them.

Still would recommend the CPP or a New 3DS for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

The PSP screen is like half the size of a vita

It's about the same length (Vitas is a tad longer), but the Vitas is wider by a lot.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy Explorers is kinda like mmo (but i havent realy played it for some time now).
    It my option, when it comes to character control is 10 times better than monster hunter.

The worst part of it is its story. (you have limited time to do missions)
    You craft all the gear (and farm the mats from monsters araund the world). But last boss is totaly imposible to solo (last mission). Unless you grid gear like mad.

You have normal mode bosses and hardmode ones.

If that was a warcraft boss, people would cry on forums. 1 wrong move = 1 shot

But if you realy want a good rpg, go with bravely default and second. Bouth are kinda griddy. (not diablo like, but superior story)

As for monster hunter---if you like switching camera all the time, go for it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Could Pokemon be considered as a Looter?...

It really fills the same categories, I think...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of Ruin is an isometric Diablo-style game for 3DS that Square published.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Ruin

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If that was a warcraft boss, people would cry on forums. 1 wrong move = 1 shot

But if you realy want a good rpg, go with bravely default and second. Bouth are kinda griddy. (not diablo like, but superior story)

As for monster hunter---if you like switching camera all the time, go for it.
    Ya I think I'm going to get final fantasy explorers today and MH4 (maybe MHG if I can offered both)

Was playing the demo last night and ya even with the New 3DS C stick the cam was fucken annoying to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Heroes of Ruin is an isometric Diablo-style game for 3DS that Square published.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Ruin
    ill look into it ty.