Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Pet battle world quests (on alts?)

Hey.
    I have 6 level 110 characters with world quests unlocked. However, I am only able to see the active pet battle world quests on two characters. And those two characters are my bank alt and a second druid I use only for arenas. It frustrates me as the people I've asked in trade chat and on friends list all tell me those quests show up on all of their max level chars. And not only that - they are able to complete them several times on different characters...
    What I've tried so far is: disable addons, turn pet battle tracking on/off and I have no idea what else might have an influence on this. I've even tried running to the spots where the active world quests are on my main characters - and sure enough - I am able to battle the trainers, but they still dont show up on the map!

So my question is: Is anyone else experiencing this? And have you found a way to make them show up on your "main" characters instead of alts or unused characters? (LOL)

EDIT:
    Figured it out --> there is a world quest filter where you can show/hide specific world quests(lol). No reason to bump this anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    Do you have WQ filters turned on for your alts? On the map (base UI) you can filter both type of WQ (primary professions, secondary professions, pet battles, etc.) and type WQ reward (AP, resources, etc.). Make sure you don't have anything filtered out on your alts.
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2017-02-24 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added the "solution".

Sounds like a UI/addon problem if the problem is only them not showing up on your map but still being able to do the quests. Maybe try disabling all addons again? then turn them on one by one. Or just update them all. Or get a world quest addon. Idk.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply. When I did disable all of my addons they still wouldn't show up. I'm using "World quest tips & timers" atm which just adds some info to the individual world quest I can see on the map. What kind of world quest addon would you recommend I try?

Also: Are you able to do the pet battle world quests on more than one character?

Pet battle WQs are region-wide. If you see one on one of the characters that can see them on the map, remember where it is. You can do it with every character that has unlocked WQs (you still need to talk to Khadgar and get the whistle).
    I've had something similar with PvP world quests for a while. None of the tower quests would pop up for a few days straight. I've also ran into WQs by accident before when there weren't any on the map.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Pet battle WQs are region-wide. If you see one on one of the characters that can see them on the map, remember where it is.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing so far when there was some nice ones like the 20 pet charms and such. But, that's not a great way of doing it. The problem I have is they won't even show up on most of my characters except for the abandoned ones. I didn't even know there was pet battle world quests untill about two months ago when I levelled another alt besides being level 110 since the 2nd day of Legion.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm, the only ones that shouldn't show up are the suramar pet battle wqs cause they'll only unlock if x char has done upto that part in chain. I did all of my family familiar achiv with my alts each time the npcs were up and never had an issue. How odd that you are.

This only effects me for the Dalaran World Quests.

Sometimes NONE of my characters can see a world quest there, but if i go there, it is available

I get the same issue on my main char but only with the dalaran pet WQ, i can see all the rest.

Update your addons.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Mmmm, the only ones that shouldn't show up are the suramar pet battle wqs cause they'll only unlock if x char has done upto that part in chain. I did all of my family familiar achiv with my alts each time the npcs were up and never had an issue. How odd that you are.
    Odd and annoying indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    This only effects me for the Dalaran World Quests.

Sometimes NONE of my characters can see a world quest there, but if i go there, it is available
    This sounds similar to what I am experiencing. I can run there and they will show up, but they won't come up on the map.
    Again, disabling all addons does not make them show up. All of them are up to date aswell.

I have the same problem, but only on my DK. My other chars all see the pet battle world quests on the map, only my DK doesn't.
    You can go there and they trigger just fine, but they are not shown on the world map (with or without any addon). No idea why though, it is not my latest char nor my first.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    This happens with a lot of other World Quests, not just pet battles when you roam into the area you see a "hidden world quest" but in reality others can see it just fine.
    I know most of them disappear from the map when there is a short time, like 5 mins or so, left on the timer.

Do you have WQ filters turned on for your alts? On the map (base UI) you can filter both type of WQ (primary professions, secondary professions, pet battles, etc.) and type WQ reward (AP, resources, etc.). Make sure you don't have anything filtered out on your alts.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ...biggest facepalm irl. You're an angel. All this time I thought my characters were bugged and its all due to a damn filter ahahaha. This "fixed" it for me!

Omg there is a WQ filter? Thanks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    Also: Are you able to do the pet battle world quests on more than one character?
    All Pet Battle quests are account bound, thus you can only do them once per account, regardless of which continent you are on.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    All Pet Battle quests are account bound, thus you can only do them once per account, regardless of which continent you are on.
    No, the Legion pet battle world quests can be done with every char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No, the Legion pet battle world quests can be done with every char.
    No..

There was a bug previously, that an 110 alt, who had NOT done the whistle-quest could do them, but that have since been fixed..

If you do a pet WQ (or a daily anywhere in the game) on your main, then it's completed on your entire account. Try it.. Park an alt next to a pet WQ. Complete it on your main, switch to alt and it will not be there anymore..
    EVERYTHING concerning pets is account wide..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No..

There was a bug previously, that an 110 alt, who had NOT done the whistle-quest could do them, but that have since been fixed..

If you do a pet WQ (or a daily anywhere in the game) on your main, then it's completed on your entire account. Try it.. Park an alt next to a pet WQ. Complete it on your main, switch to alt and it will not be there anymore..
    EVERYTHING concerning pets is account wide..
    Considering a moment ago I completed the Stitches Jr. Jr quest in Dalaran and the L'illidan world quest in Highmountain for order ressources on all twelve of my alts, I think you might be mistaken.

Yeah, he's flat out wrong. I still complete easy/fast pet battle quests that award pet charms on several characters if I've got the time. Got Family Familiar on the 9th by doing the same quest (master tamer flummox) on 3 characters. On the 5th I got credit for 4 of the individual family achievements by doing the same pet daily on different characters. I doubt it's even possible to get Family Familiar if you could only do the quests once a day.

Edit: the basic pet battle quest in your garrison is also character bound