Frost stats for dummies

I know i know i know. Sim. And i do on my main, not why im here. DK has mostly just been my 2x gatherer this xpac. Did like en norm and mythic plus and somehow got both belt and seal of necro ring. I wanna give it the old slacker try. Banks full of gear. Ideally where do i want my stats at, without simming, for like the rest of reset just to mess around in normal raids probably? Ill sim/properly enchant and gem and all and actually apply myself if i like it. It/ra/ga atm. Thanks.

Inb4 you need to sim.

Im asking the community not icy veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    Im asking the community not icy veins.
    Oh sorry for answering your question. You realize there is a 299 post long thread created by the community right under the guide?

Just Sim. You could have been done faster than making this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzi01 View Post
    Just Sim. You could have been done faster than making this post.
    Maybe some of us still have no clue how to Sim.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Maybe some of us still have no clue how to Sim.
    Youtube: How to sim your character and watch a video, or if not use this guide:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8uveUv4c/edit#
    Not made by me. I take no credits

Is it really that hard to give guidelines without saying "go sim yourself"?
    He said he was going to do normal raids, not cutting edge.

I don't know where I read it, but some people say that you should aim for the crit and haste soft caps first (25% and 20% respectively). Then invest into versatility/mastery.
    My dk has exactly 25% crit, 20% haste, 32% mastery and 5% versa and I'm pretty happy about that.
    At this point, I think I need to sim every possible upgrade to check if it's better, I honestly don't know what stat I need more of.
    I think going for the softcaps is a nice "goal" if you are new to Frost.

For the best info go to the DK discord. There are always people to help ya out there M8.

"Go to the discord." I hear it often. Like my guild has a discord for raids and whatnot. I think theres a chat feature they all post memes in. What do you mean exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post

I don't know where I read it, but some people say that you should aim for the crit and haste soft caps first (25% and 20% respectively). Then invest into versatility/mastery.
    My dk has exactly 25% crit, 20% haste, 32% mastery and 5% versa and I'm pretty happy about that.
    At this point, I think I need to sim every possible upgrade to check if it's better, I honestly don't know what stat I need more of.
    Things change with gear. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for others. That is why you Sim your character. It isn't hard to Sim and having the simcraft addon makes changing gear and talents easy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzi01 View Post
    Things change with gear. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for others. That is why you Sim your character. It isn't hard to Sim and having the simcraft addon makes changing gear and talents easy as hell.
    Simcraft with pawn is not bad, but you get very good simDPS if you keep your crit/haste/mas around 30%/20%/30%.

The best ingame results and highest simDPS I get with 25%crit 20%haste and 40%mastery. If I could choose between mastery and versatility for the same ST DPS, I would allways go with more mastery for the better AoE DPS.
    -

Deleted
    So in general once at the soft caps for crit/haste (25/20) its better to go for more crit? Obv i would like more mastery/vers but most of the rings/extra items in bag give either more haste or crit

Deleted
    Really oversimplifying it here

Crit ~ 30%
    Haste ~ 25%
    Versa ~ 8%
    Rest into mastery

Get as close as you can to all of them as you can.
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2017-01-09 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post

The funny thing is, some guy linked to icy-veins which states exactly this "Haste to 20% then crit to 25% then versa and crit to 30%". Yet OP was like 'I dont want icy-veins guidelines I want them from the community', even though they're exactly the same as icy-veins. So owell, I can't really blame people telling OP to go sim himself, if he denies the guidelines given to him just because it was in form of icy-veins link.

"Go to the discord." I hear it often. Like my guild has a discord for raids and whatnot. I think theres a chat feature they all post memes in. What do you mean exactly?
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...cord-channels/

Here is all the class discords, this is most likely what the guy is talking about. These class discords are really useful to gather information by asking questions to people playing the same class as your and usually there are very helpful people online at most times.
    Last edited by Tremin; 2017-01-09 at 11:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know i know i know. Sim. And i do on my main, not why im here. DK has mostly just been my 2x gatherer this xpac. Did like en norm and mythic plus and somehow got both belt and seal of necro ring. I wanna give it the old slacker try. Banks full of gear. Ideally where do i want my stats at, without simming, for like the rest of reset just to mess around in normal raids probably? Ill sim/properly enchant and gem and all and actually apply myself if i like it. It/ra/ga atm. Thanks.

Inb4 you need to sim.
    The belt is the of the best! Get to 25 crit and 20 haste for smooth game play. It does not matter which style of frost you play, your gonna kick ass. After that crit/haste goal (there are no aps) stack versatility cause u will be obliterated spam

Inb4 you need to sim.
    People like to say sim because Frost, thankfully, has a very good relationship with all it's secondary stats for the most part.

If you really don't want to worry about simming then here's the short simple version (it's not perfect but works as a general rule):
    First and foremost - Strength is king. So generally just look for ilevel increases.

For gems and rings an easy initial rule to follow:
    If you are sub 20% haste, gets gems and rings with haste on them
    If you are sub 25% crit, gets gems and rings with crit on them (a trinket like EoC from Kara however could change this cause of stacking crit buff)

Now after you reach those levels it's not that crit and haste become bad, they don't, it's just your stats start to go into flux as to which is best, but honestly the difference between them are never that bad, just keep going for those ilevel increases.

Mastery and Versatility bring up the rear, not cause they are bad, they just don't have break points quite like crit and haste for performance improvement.

One ring that's very good without caring about stats is from court of stars with bonus autoattack damage, if you get a good level of that ring ignore the stats for a while because that ring is king for at least 20+ ilevels.

That's a quick dirty initial guide, that I'm sure others will disagree with, the best answer for you however you already know. Sim.