Deleted
    Nothing expect the mentality of the players!
    MMo was just starting and everybody was investing in the game.
    The community was great, but the game is better now, more fun to play, ...
    It was a nightmare to have everything ready for raiding, pexing took years, didn't have enough gold to buy spell, mount ...

Vanilla / TBC was best just because of nostalgia but the game improve when the community and player mentality decline

Everything was totally new and unexplored.

That's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    There's a certain TBC private server releasing very soon that is generating a ton of hype, but I am not really excited. I only want vanilla private servers, maybe a WotLK or MoP one, but vanilla is what I desire the most.

Anyone else feel this way? I admit I'm not that big of a TBC fan, but I still have nostalgia about it, yet that isn't enough for me to care.
    I feel you.If they would ever release a "legacy server"i would be interested in vanilla only . Whats the TBC private server you are talking about? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I feel you.If they would ever release a "legacy server"i would be interested in vanilla only . Whats the TBC private server you are talking about? PM me.
    <mod snip. you know better than to mention private servers.>
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-07-05 at 03:40 AM.

Unfortunately they give you lvl 70 gear and all tbc factions exalted for free on vendor at the starting zone on that server. Why even bother playing when more than half of the gameplay can be skipped by clicking few rows on npc dialogue box.
    Last edited by deniter; 2017-07-04 at 03:10 PM.

Guys I don't mean to try and sound like a mod but come on. Last thread was closed for naming servers? Is there any point risking it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guys I don't mean to try and sound like a mod but come on. Last thread was closed for naming servers? Is there any point risking it again?
    Good point, Eleccybubb. Post edited.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Good point, Eleccybubb. Post edited.
    I'm not trying to say don't post but well I'd rather this thread stay open than risk getting closed again.

People made it, friends

Deleted
    community.

/10chars

Vanilla is objectively worse in every metric you could think of. The only thing it had going for it was the "new" factor. It got real boring spending half of my playtime running or flying on a fp to an objective. That's a complete waste of my money. Not to mention it was subpar graphically to today's iteration, no voice acting, incoherent storylines, attunement requirements which alienated a large portion of the playerbase. That's just off the top of my head. I don't really care enough to dig for more

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    i couldn't find this thread tell a mod linked it.....just fyi

- - - Updated - - -

some of the things i miss from the game now

the most fun and exciting times i have had in this game was running the leveling dungeons such as sm and brd it didn't matter that i was not at level cap back then
    i still feel like i was a hero and i loved the challenge

the bosses it was so fun figuring out the mechanics now they tell you everything in dungeon journal

the grind oh yes oh do i ever miss the grind it was my first true love
    it was always there for my day and night and it never let me down

i miss having to master my class i like having to worry about mana and rage
    it made me a better and more aware player

and the little things like Hunter Ammo and weapon skill points add depth to the game

Deleted
    unpatient ppl quit and didnt turn the game into their favour

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia 40 man and Molten core too. Getting unique Staff of Jordan is far more rewarding those days it is almost Legendary to obtain.

...nothing made Vanilla better than now. Sure, the game is far from perfect, but it's waaaay better than it was in vanilla.

A certain new very hyped TBC server launched today aaaaaaand it's gone forever. C&D literally the same day, hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Vanilla is objectively worse in every metric you could think of.
    < SNIP >
    Yet subjectively better in every aspect I can think of.

Just because a song has a beat, that doesn't make it good music, subjectively :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Vanilla is objectively worse in every metric you could think of.
    I'm trying hard to think of something further from the truth than what you wrote here. I can't.

Honestly i think its the when i was a kid this was better ect ect, i feel they have fixed a whole lot of issues if we go back to very vanilla wow pvp had no bgs no arenas no honor rewards or anything its come along way and is just overall a better product now perhaps a little to easy now

Pretty poor research question but I'm guessing your tutor will amend that if it's a school / college project ^^

Pretty simple for me
    Vanilla:
    The game was basic (not much lore, easy boss encounters, messed up itemisation, no obvious levelling route..the list goes on) but the experience was so new and fresh anything just seemed fun.
    The levelling process was arguably better than current WoW as it felt like part of the game rather than the roadblock to the game it feels like now. While it had so many flaws which would not be tolerated today (i.e no set levelling path / no direction to quest objectives) it felt like an adventure.

The simplicity made it fun. For example anyone could step into a raid (of which there was one difficulty of!) and actually kill bosses as they didn't require each a minute. youtube video. When a boss was killed it felt like an accomplishment not "great I killed the boss but now I have to kill it on heroic / mythic" or "great I killed the boss on mythic but I already killed this guy once on heroic so w/e"

Most of all the factor of 'ignorance is bliss' has a strong standing. It was fun getting a blue back then with semi-ok stats. Now people whine that a legendary isn't best in slot or their BiS trinket didn't roll with an extra 5 item levels.

Legion is undoubtedly a better designed game but Vanilla was a product of its time which had other factors which just can't be artificially recreated. Even if the next expac was 2 large continents with 60 levels, all QoL implementations removed and 95% of bosses becoming tank and spank again it couldn't recapture the original experience.