There's a certain TBC private server releasing very soon that is generating a ton of hype, but I am not really excited. I only want vanilla private servers, maybe a WotLK or MoP one, but vanilla is what I desire the most.

Anyone else feel this way? I admit I'm not that big of a TBC fan, but I still have nostalgia about it, yet that isn't enough for me to care.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    There's a certain TBC private server releasing very soon that is generating a ton of hype, but I am not really excited. I only want vanilla private servers, maybe a WotLK or MoP one, but vanilla is what I desire the most.

Anyone else feel this way? I admit I'm not that big of a TBC fan, but I still have nostalgia about it, yet that isn't enough for me to care.
    Probably due to the 'been there, done that' factor. I wouldn't mind doing TBC raiding again. Its too bad Blizzard didnt retain vanilla/ tbc game play with new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Probably due to the 'been there, done that' factor. I wouldn't mind doing TBC raiding again. Its too bad Blizzard didnt retain vanilla/ tbc game play with new content.
    I'd sub in a heartbeat if someone made a progressive server (official or unofficial) with all existing expansions done in vanilla/TBC style. Not gonna happen, i know, but one can always play with a thought..

Nothing expect the mentality of the players!
    MMo was just starting and everybody was investing in the game.
    The community was great, but the game is better now, more fun to play, ...
    It was a nightmare to have everything ready for raiding, pexing took years, didn't have enough gold to buy spell, mount ...

Vanilla / TBC was best just because of nostalgia but the game improve when the community and player mentality decline

Everything was totally new and unexplored.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

I feel you.If they would ever release a "legacy server"i would be interested in vanilla only . Whats the TBC private server you are talking about? PM me.
    Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3GHz OC'd to 4.5 GHz |MSI X99a plus |GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 |Corsair Graphite 780T White |Noctua NH-D15 |Supply: Seasonic X-750 |Kingston Fury 32 GB ddr4 |1 TB WD BLACK |Kingston HyperX 240GB |ASUS Swift PG348Q |SteelSeries SenSei |Corsair K65 Compact (RED Switch) |ASUS Xonar Phoebus Solo |Edifier S760D|HyperX Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I feel you.If they would ever release a "legacy server"i would be interested in vanilla only . Whats the TBC private server you are talking about? PM me.
    <mod snip. you know better than to mention private servers.>
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-07-05 at 03:40 AM.

Unfortunately they give you lvl 70 gear and all tbc factions exalted for free on vendor at the starting zone on that server. Why even bother playing when more than half of the gameplay can be skipped by clicking few rows on npc dialogue box.
    Last edited by deniter; 2017-07-04 at 03:10 PM.

Guys I don't mean to try and sound like a mod but come on. Last thread was closed for naming servers? Is there any point risking it again?
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guys I don't mean to try and sound like a mod but come on. Last thread was closed for naming servers? Is there any point risking it again?
    Good point, Eleccybubb. Post edited.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Good point, Eleccybubb. Post edited.
    I'm not trying to say don't post but well I'd rather this thread stay open than risk getting closed again.
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

People made it, friends

community.

/10chars

Vanilla is objectively worse in every metric you could think of. The only thing it had going for it was the "new" factor. It got real boring spending half of my playtime running or flying on a fp to an objective. That's a complete waste of my money. Not to mention it was subpar graphically to today's iteration, no voice acting, incoherent storylines, attunement requirements which alienated a large portion of the playerbase. That's just off the top of my head. I don't really care enough to dig for more

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    i couldn't find this thread tell a mod linked it.....just fyi

- - - Updated - - -

some of the things i miss from the game now

the most fun and exciting times i have had in this game was running the leveling dungeons such as sm and brd it didn't matter that i was not at level cap back then
    i still feel like i was a hero and i loved the challenge

the bosses it was so fun figuring out the mechanics now they tell you everything in dungeon journal

the grind oh yes oh do i ever miss the grind it was my first true love
    it was always there for my day and night and it never let me down

i miss having to master my class i like having to worry about mana and rage
    it made me a better and more aware player

and the little things like Hunter Ammo and weapon skill points add depth to the game

unpatient ppl quit and didnt turn the game into their favour

Onyxia 40 man and Molten core too. Getting unique Staff of Jordan is far more rewarding those days it is almost Legendary to obtain.

...nothing made Vanilla better than now. Sure, the game is far from perfect, but it's waaaay better than it was in vanilla.
    Grawr!

A certain new very hyped TBC server launched today aaaaaaand it's gone forever. C&D literally the same day, hilarious.