Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Anybody else been in jail/have a criminal record?

Was just reading the thread about making inmates work on building Trump's wall and people have strong views on prisoners.

Just wondering if anybody else has been in jail or have a criminal record?

When I was 20 I did 4 months in army jail and last year I did 9 months in jail. I got out in December. I think jails and prison is worse in USA rather than UK where I was. Still you miss out on so much when you are locked up. My brother got married while I was in jail so I missed his wedding. I really hope i never go back as it is a waste of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. I'm a law abiding citizen.

Too many never realize that even if you do a couple of months in jail, you likely lose everything.
    I've not been in a jail before, but I do associate regularly with those that have.

Nope. Not done anything big enough to warrant jail time.

I use to steal a lot as a teenager and graffiti etc but only got caught once when i was 11 and the guy let me off the hook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, for someone who has been to jail, what drove you to break a serious law?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Im not a thug. I obey the law.

Deleted
    I couldn't do my job if I had. So no.

Deleted
    Criminal record, yes. Jail, no.

Got it because of having pepper sprey on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Criminal record, yes. Jail, no.

Got it because of having pepper sprey on me.
    WTF?

Don't live in the US do you?

I have a criminal record (no convinctions) and stayed in jail short term but I've never been giving a custodial sentence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    WTF?

Don't live in the US do you?
    Nope. Counts as possession of an illegal weapon here as i didn't have permission for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Nope. Counts as possession of an illegal weapon here as i didn't have permission for it.
    I find that incredibly odd...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Too many never realize that even if you do a couple of months in jail, you likely lose everything.
    I've not been in a jail before, but I do associate regularly with those that have.
    100% right. Lucky I have my family who have been supportive but many don't have that. You can see why some people end up back in there after getting out

I think Jayburner said he was posting from prison.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Couple times, but never spent more than 12 hours or so there. About 10 years ago when I was still a teenager.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Out of curiosity, for someone who has been to jail, what drove you to break a serious law?
    Didn't intend to break any law but do stupid things after been drinking like getting into fights. That's what happened me both times to end up in jail and other times just getting arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Getting caught with weed can get you sent to jail for a year if you're in the wrong town.
    Okay. I've never used marijuana. I'm going to therefore put that into the category of personal choice. In which case, my question is still relevant - why would one choose to do something they know is illegal and has significant consequences? What is the actual motivation here?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Okay. I've never used marijuana. I'm going to therefore put that into the category of personal choice. In which case, my question is still relevant - why would one choose to do something they know is illegal and has significant consequences? What is the actual motivation here?
    Do you ever speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in jail for a night while I sobered up