Curious - Target Switching as Assassination

Just curious as to what other people do when you have to target switch as Assassination. Usually before the switch I try to refresh Rupture on the the main target to max pandemic (if possible) along with Garrote. Then try to build CPs. Once switched I'll usually try to dump as close to a full Rupture on the add as possible then just try to keep Envenom up using the normal 2-3 CP rotation fishing for Poison Bomb procs and keeping up EP with FOK thrown in if 2+ targets.

Thoughts?

There isn't anything so grandiose about it. If we're talking a real world situation like dragons heroic, then here is what I do:

Reapply rupture to full pandemic duration on old target,

Do NOT reapply garrote to old target (if the CD timing and energy permits); the reasoning behind this is that you are going to be putting all of your finishers into the new target, and surge of toxins is a target based debuff, so you will technically get more damage out of it if you can get it on the new target,

On the new target, utilize poisoned knife for the free poison proc into a cheap rupture to get venomous wounds rolling. This step is not necessary if you have an envenom buff rolling into this transition,

Make sure to try your hardest to put KB and vendetta on targets that you will be hitting for the duration. They benefit the most from being on your main target and you are only losing damage by not doing so. I don't have a hard number of seconds that it is worth holding onto it, though, make a judgement call,

Abuse poisoned knife to keep up your 5 stack AP on your off-target for the duration of rupture. The two bosses won't be switching often enough for you to keep up full uptime on both, but if you abuse cloak of shadows to keep AP up for the whole duration of the ruptures that you do have, you will have way more energy incoming then the guy next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Abuse poisoned knife
    Especially if you need to move to another target - Mythic Odyn Rings a bell - Poisoned Knife can get you a stack of poison while you are closing the gap and Shadowstep is down so that venenmous wounds starts doing its thing once you fire off the rupture.