Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    On my Paladin I know I should be using Lothraxion but I am currently using Arator.
    I guess I need to look up what Lothraxion does that's so great since I keep seeing him mentioned. How do you like Arathor? I've been using Boros but, yeah, he does aggro everything within a 5 mile radius.

I've only used Koltira on my DK so far. I wish Thassarian was a bodyguard. I hate Akama, so I've been hoping Belath is better.

I'm still using Broll on druid, main spec is feral so it's nice to have a tank. Been working on a guardian off-spec, but I'm not confident with it. I don't know if DH & DK are the easy mode tanks, but figuring out the same 'immortality' with druid has been a process. I'm finally starting to get there with my prot pally off-spec (though Dro in withered training still shamefully kicks my ass), but druid, ugh. :P (Edit: Course, as soon as I posted this I went and did Dro no problem. Apparently a few extra withered, 20 extra ilvls, and a few more artifact abilities purchased make a difference. :P)
    Last edited by Lane; 2017-01-10 at 01:32 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Druid with the silly non-bear night elf tank dude. In missions, Remulos, Hamuul, the heal girl and I can't remember the other. I wish Hamuul could be my bodyguard.
    Broll Bearmantle is the absolute worst bodyguard. Randomly running of to fight a mob, randomly running off to tank a hordes mob. Just standing around doing nothing or running of to go stand in a previous spot of a long since dead mob.

15+ Year Old Account
    For bodyguards I use:
    Paladin - Boros (I'm ret, he's a tank ... it works for me. /shrug)
    Priest - Sol (Sol!)
    Warlock - Calydus (no reason)
    Druid - Broll (because he's nature's rage, dammit)
    Shaman - Rehgar (meh)
    Mage - Millhouse (because he's Millhouse! -- and because my mage is a goblin and he isn't bigger than me. )
    Demon Hunter - Akama (no reason, I just thought I could spare him from missions)
    Hunter - Addie (because she's adorable)
    ... and the rest I haven't leveled yet.

Did I pick the "right" ones? I don't know.

As for the other followers, I started trying to figure out what everyone countered to see if I could come up with a balanced group and someone pointed out the Reddit thread to me that it seems a crap ton of other people use, so I decided to be a lemming and do the same (with changes of course to accommodation the bodyguards I chose and equipped accordingly).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_all/d7a7a1z/

Rehgar. instant-cast, mount-speed ghost wolf.

Just to comment the combat allies I have equipped with WQ OH/gold gear (all tested level 110 WQs):

rogue (Garona): Pretty strong AoE proc, avg I'd say procs once every two minutes
    dh (altruis): Even stronger AoE proc, avg I'd say procs once every two minutes
    hunter (Nesingwary): I am not even sure if he does anything (should have chance to do 49% of the enemys health in damage). Definitly does not work on rares, and for normal mobs wouldn't really matter. Not recommended
    priest (Sol): Does both quite an amount of damage and also heals which makes tanking some elite bosses without healing yourself possible.
    paladin (Boros): Fairly strong single target tank, will even taunt mobs that are immune to normal pet taunts (like elite world bosses), can be healed and if he dies he will respawn in about 5s. Downside is that he does cast consecretion, which might put you infight with neutral mobs and he does not really do damage
    mage (Vargoth): This is imho the best combat ally ingame. Can summon him every 5 minutes, and he will give you and anyone from your party a 20% spellpower buff for 1h
    shaman (Myrla): Casts low damage elemental shaman spells and has a gryphon proc. Rather disappointing, not recommended
    dk (Thassirian): AoE stun with some healing, procs about once every two minutes. Rather disappointing.
    monk (Li Li): Spawns and casts a beam on you, healing you and damaging every enemy in the line. High ppm, one proc per minute I'd guess. Damage is rather low unless you can position many mobs in the line, but the heal will heal you full
    warrior (Dvalen): Does rather low damage and has a 4s stun proc every 30s. Rather annoying when he stuns mobs that are out of range, or even not yet reachable by melees (harpies fo example)
    WL (Ritssyn): Medium single target dps, but adds a debuff on the main mob which increases it's damage taken by 10% from all sources
    druid (Mylune): Procs only when you take damage, spawns three adds that will slowly (!) go to it's target and then do damage. Not recommended for balance, they will usually die before they do any reasonable damage. But! It makes several critters follow you around all the time, so hands down he best combat ally!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    As for the other followers, I started trying to figure out what everyone countered to see if I could come up with a balanced group and someone pointed out the Reddit thread to me that it seems a crap ton of other people use, so I decided to be a lemming and do the same (with changes of course to accommodation the bodyguards I chose and equipped accordingly).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_all/d7a7a1z/
    Nice, thanks! Looks like they suggest deactivating Lothraxion though. Decisions! I love Addie, deactivated Rexxar as soon as I got her. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    shaman (Myrla): Casts low damage elemental shaman spells and has a gryphon proc. Rather disappointing, not recommended
    Thanks for the write-up. Yeah, I've been very disappointed in Myrla. I wish she'd been resto instead.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

On my DK:

Highlord Darion Mograine
    Koltira Deathweaver
    Thoras Trollbane
    Nazgrim
    Thassarian (Combat Ally)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I never use combat ally, because 4 champions is not enough for missions..
    then you play it wrong....

As a Paladin I use Lothraxion as a bodyguard because I like how he looks and I don't want a constant follower. I don't think he is anything special or better than the other Paladin bodyguards.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my feral druid, I stopped using the bodyguard champion because he could not stop to pull other mobs I was not attacking.

As a MM hunter, I use Rexxar.

Well when I used to use a bodyguard, it was Rottgut (DK Bodyguard). You pretty much summon a giant abomination that did some sick damage and it spams hook on a target. The damage was helpful against higher hp mobs, but nowadays I don't use any bodyguards as I use all my champions for missions.

Would be nice to get some new ones later on with new abilities. Maybe even having the bodyguard not count for the champion limit.

I have on my warlock gone with what should be a fairly good coverage for missions, and as combat ally whatever is left.
    I have not checked extensively if it is the "optimal" combination or not, but it with gear on the followers and if necessary troops gets me near 200% chance much of the time.
    I don't think there will ever be an ideal combination.

I see many warlocks with a bodyguard ally, but I have gone a different route.
    Lulubelle Fizzlebang for the Six Soul Bag ability, and +50g and +25g equipment.
    75g extra on most world quests adds up.
    For simplicity on the followers for missions, I tend to also go with +success on short and long missions, the higher percentages the better.
    One of each on each follower.
    Have +30-40% on most, which works until a mission duration is between or equal to 4 or 8 hours.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-10 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't remember their names to save my life but I use Thorim as my combat follower. The stun and 20% bonus AP is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my BM-Hunter I take Addie with me on my travels, doing WQs.
    For missions I have Nesingwary, Blake, Rexxar and Halduron. With this setup I can do all missions I'm interested in. (Gold, questitems).

With my Druid I tried some as bodyguard, but I can't decide if they are useful or just annyoing.
    The mission-set up is not complete yet, still leveling.
    Last edited by McCrazy; 2017-01-10 at 03:46 PM.

I keep one bodyguard ... not an on-use bodyguard, but one of the guys that travels with you.

I then select four champions that can handle all of the mission requirements. I prefer the ones that give bonuses to missions and not bonuses to followers. When I have further tie-breaking decision making, I select followers that I can take on WQ.

The champions that give one shot items are neat, but they are lowest priority.

As a priest, I use Sol for a bodyguard (I'm a healer and quest as a healer because shadow sucks for questing... and my +damages are starting to be significant) and only Alliance champions. No evil hordies for me. The panda is sitting out also because she hasn't stated a faction commitment.

I dont know, i dont have an combat ally nor i do any of the table missions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I never use combat ally, because 4 champions is not enough for missions..
    Me too. I'm doing well enough without bodyguard.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I generally don't use them because they can't handle how much I pull. I generally pull as much as I physically can, and they just annihilate any champion that I have... So, I don't use them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

on my main i get like 150 resources per WQ so i use one for that, i'm banking 30k+ resources right now after researching 2 equipping 2 legendaries . Also means every alt gets instant AK20 if i read the patch notes right. I rarely run into issues with with missions with the right equipment, and i choose them based on looks more so than efficiency

pally / Arathor body guard
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22