Ret 4pc tfoj or zeal

Item - Paladin T19 Retribution 4P Bonus: Your Holy Power generating abilities have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power.

Since nighthold is around the corner, and tier can be obtained in all difficulties, getting our 4pc is not going to be difficult at all. was wondering what y'all think will be better with our 4pc. With tfoj, there's the potential to have enough to use a finisher after using a single builder. The 4pc is basically the same thing as tfoj proc except it's extended to blade of wrath as well. Has anyone tested the 4pc using zeal?

The other thing that occurs to me is if the 4pc procd on wake of ashes, and overcapping hopo as a result, we may see less procs on our weaker builders since its roughly 4ppm if I recall. Does anyone know if it can proc on wake, since initially it doesn't generate holy power without the golden trait. i can't even think of a way to test this other than not using wake at all and checking for more procs per min than the standard priority.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2017-01-09 at 07:28 PM.

In theory you could get more TVs with the fires of justice and the 4pc, but it will still probably come down to Sims and which one does more DPS for you. I personally use TFoJ because for me its a wash between the 2 and I prefer the TFoJ over Zeal. Im not pushing high end mythic raiding either, so even if Zeal did say 1-2% more DPS I probably wouldn't use it just because I prefer TFoJ.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    TFoJ would still be my top choice... I mean it's just more free Holy Power, that's nothing to scoff at. Besides with all the extra Holy Power, you can spam more Divine Storm if you want the AoE lol

Deleted
    the potential HP waste is huge. my guess is that with sufficient haste it again will be a close call

The answer here is ZEAL. It provides more damage and the lack of Holy Power generation is being made up in the tier 19. This was the same reason you picked Zeal in single target with the ring.