Twins Painful Touch

Inb4: "Omg at least you have a legendary, quit crying"

As someone who has the following legendaries (Twins Painful Touch, Sephuz, and Zenk'aram) I am kind of disappointed that they did not touch the Twins'. With the removal of mind sear and the change to mind flay I feel like the proc for Twins' kind of got screwed.

Now that I am done complaining, what viable options do I have to maximize the use of Twins' since flay is a part of our rotation (I won't be saving the proc like I did with sear). Am I just going to have to use up the proc, even if I need to wait (example) 6 seconds for adds to spawn? Or is it worth waiting while in void form to spread those dots quicker. I think if Misery ends up being the talent to go with, it even further devalues the legendary.

Deleted
    I'm very disappointed they didnt change the ring... It really makes 0 sense, either they forgot or i dunno... its useless to have that ring when you cant control its proc.

I don't think it'll be too bad. With the very small amount of testing I did on the PTR (The ring didn't even work at the time) you are entering void form alot more than you do on live, due to how fast you gain insanity in 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    I don't think it'll be too bad. With the very small amount of testing I did on the PTR (The ring didn't even work at the time) you are entering void form alot more than you do on live, due to how fast you gain insanity in 7.1.5.
    Just did a few M+ And I can confirm that the ring procs a lot more now since insanity is gained faster AND drained faster.

That and sephuz are the two best legendaries for M+ by far.

I use this permanently simply because I don't have a better 2nd legendary. With it refreshing dots every time you hit voidform, on a single target fight you literally only have to cast your dots at the start of the fight and not worry about them again. So I guess that's kind of neat.

played 3 mythic + instances with the ring today and it was beyond useless :I You never have the proc up when you need it.

Although I am a bit annoyed that I can't save the proc, it is semi useful even in single target now that VB doesn't refresh dots to full. As above posters mentioned, we enter VF alot more now and get more procs. The only spot I found super annoying was helya on breath globs, and odyn rune adds.

The biggest change I dislike is that we can no longer sear a friendly target to burst down large low hp packs. Burning a GCD on SWP the flay is terrible.

Deleted
    I don't understand that Mindsear baked into Mindflay change anyway... It just fucks up the ring use that's it.

Another ring user chiming in. I have found it more annoying than helpful since the change. It's seems to be proccing slightly differently now too. There's a slight delay between going into voidform and when the ring procs, making me miss sometimes when I mindflay the dotted target then tab to another and notice the proc got wasted on the other mob.

Deleted
    Soo i was trying to reproduce the ring trick in 7.1.5 and it is POSSIBLE, but a bit trickier (you get used to it fast tho).

I just copy the text i wrote on youtube video:
    "The double procc trick still works, but it isn't as simple anymore (but not hard either). You have to wait a fraction of a second until you get the buff before you cast mindflay. you can keep casting, since the ring now only spreads on the first tick. If you want to spread a 2nd time right away, you have to recast mindflay."

sadly tried the ring yesterday, was really useless
    plz fix it

Deleted
    They should just make the effect on use and give it a 1 or 1.5min cd. Problem solved.