MM Patch notes, question.

Unsure if they're available right now on the PTR or not, or if anyone even knows if this is the case. Can't copy a PTR char now ot test myself.

But these 2 caught my eye.

Marked Shot damage increased to 550% (was 250%)

Vulnerable now has a 7 second duration, provides a 100% bonus to damage, and does not stack.
    Now does this mean that Marked Shit is hitting harder than the PTR's version before these notes came out? I never got a chance to Copy a Character, but those who did reported it doing a laughable amount of damage. So its buffed?

And Vulnerable being 7 seconds. It was previously 7 seconds already then dropped to 6. So does this mean it has been reverted BACK to 7 or do we have an out-of-date patch notes?
    Last edited by sarym13; 2017-01-10 at 12:11 AM.

The patch notes are almost certainly more updated, since Marked Shot damage has been buffed (from 450% to 550%) and Aimed Shot damage has been nerfed (from 304% to 275%) compared to the most recent PTR. This is exactly what the devs they said they would do.

I think they initially nerfed Vulnerable back to 6 seconds because Patient Sniper (which was 15%/sec) would have caused 7 seconds to be too strong. But with the nerf to Patient Sniper (from 15%/sec down to 10%/sec), they decided to buff Vulnerable to 7 seconds again. This is just my guess anyway.

That patient sniper nerf is pretty solid.

Marked shot was buffed to 475% when marking targets procs were upped IIRC turtel.

But as I wrote in another topic; They dialled our singletarget buff back a little, and went a little easier on our spread AOE damage, along with giving trick shot viability (but locking us out of spread cleave to gain heavy stacked aoe/superior singletarget damage). In general, MM's toolkit became a SHITTON more versatile, for very little loss (12% marked shot damage, in a nutshell).

The reason for the 7 sec duration and general nerf to patient sniper is almost 100% because 6 seconds vuln and timing your aimed shots was far too punishing without heavy use of addons. A longer duration gives a greater window for a normal player to fit aimeds into, and with a smaller dmg buff it's less important to hit the exact last second. In essence, it lessened a HUGE skill gap that suddenly appeared in the spec. It also helped make Marked shot into a viable button again, as previously patient sniper (even at 6 seconds) was so strong that we didn't even WANT to press marked shot at all. Only Aimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Marked shot was buffed to 475% when marking targets procs were upped IIRC turtel.

But as I wrote in another topic; They dialled our singletarget buff back a little, and went a little easier on our spread AOE damage, along with giving trick shot viability (but locking us out of spread cleave to gain heavy stacked aoe/superior singletarget damage). In general, MM's toolkit became a SHITTON more versatile, for very little loss (12% marked shot damage, in a nutshell).

The reason for the 7 sec duration and general nerf to patient sniper is almost 100% because 6 seconds vuln and timing your aimed shots was far too punishing without heavy use of addons. A longer duration gives a greater window for a normal player to fit aimeds into, and with a smaller dmg buff it's less important to hit the exact last second. In essence, it lessened a HUGE skill gap that suddenly appeared in the spec. It also helped make Marked shot into a viable button again, as previously patient sniper (even at 6 seconds) was so strong that we didn't even WANT to press marked shot at all. Only Aimed.
    6 seconds was completely fine if you went for ~18% haste. Marked>Aimed>Arcane>Aimed would perfectly fit with the last aimed hitting right before vulnerability runs out. Other conditions (wind burst for vulnerability, haste buffs) also had pretty good rotations that would have your last aimed shot hit right at the end without ever having to pause or look at your vulnerability.

Having said that, the initial reason they reduced the window from 7 seconds to 6 seconds was that they didn't want a medium haste soft cap (there was a blue post on this) and the 6 seconds duration was arguably even worse in that regard.

Regarding the changes, MM might be on the weaker side of the spectrum now when it comes to single target. Other ranged specs that had weak single target were buffed as well and MM now loses a quite a bit of single target DPS to do worse spread cleave than previously.

It's worth noting that you cannot directly compare abilities to live either since MM lost 5% crit like all agility classes but unlike all other agility classes didn't have all their abilities' damage increased by at least 4% to compensate.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-10 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

so they went with tons of last minute changes, not just for hunters, but for other classes too, that arent even gonna be tested on PTR and they just hope it works out?

with some of the glaring mistakes in profession part of notes, I have an easier time believing those notes are full of errors...