Can this router handle 100mbit?

Hey

Soon I will be upgrading to a 100mbit connection and I was wondering if my router "TL-WR1043ND V2" can handle the speeds without a bottleneck? I'm not too tech savvy with routers and I have heard that some can't handle high speeds.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fine. Depends on what you mean by "Handle" though.

It has gigabit ports (1000), but those are only useful as long as the rest of the infrastructure supports (your system, mainly).

It should support around ~100mbps wireless, but that depends on a LOT of stuff. More info needed for what you're doing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Should be fine. Depends on what you mean by "Handle" though.

It has gigabit ports (1000), but those are only useful as long as the rest of the infrastructure supports (your system, mainly).

It should support around ~100mbps wireless, but that depends on a LOT of stuff. More info needed for what you're doing.
    I know speeds arent guaranteed for wireless but i dont mind if its atleast decent amount. Things ill be doing is well everything really, downloading/gaming/streaming... likely all at once at times. Also how did you get the figure of 100mbps for wireless? According to google the wireless supports "up to" 450Mbps. But like i said im not very knowledgeable with routers to understand how these work. Though i assume a speedtest done on a PC wired in will always yield the best results.

If that is an issue though i also have a WDR4300 v1 which is dual band wireless but not sure of its speed capabilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you already have the router just test it and see when your internet is upgraded (speedtest.net). Worst case scenario is it isn't optimal and you have slightly reduced speed for a few days while you order a new router.

I would assume it will be fine though. Browsing a couple reviews on Amazon, I see several mentioning they have a 100mbit connection and it working fine at that rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says 'up to' because you may not have the hardware or setup to support those speeds. N450 usually implies two signals at 300 + 150 (but different brands do different things). Wireless N and AC use multiple streams, but if you don't have that, it uses the lowest common denominator. If it has 3-4 stream radios, and you have 1, it uses 1.The "Up to 450" basically implies that, in a perfect universe, it could do that. But it won't. Even so, it ought to do decently, however we have no idea what hardware/card its connecting to. Your iPhone 3G won't get those speeds.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab