Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

FURY WARRIOR 7.1.5 Patch Changes.

How are we feeling about the changes guys discuss ?

Fury
    The damage done by most Fury abilities has been increased 5%.
    Dragon Roar increases your damage done by 16% (was 20%).
    Fresh Meat increases Bloodthirst’s critical strike chance by 60% (was 40%).
    Frothing Berserker increases damage done by 15% (was 10%).
    Outburst now also reduces the cooldown of Berserker Rage by 15 seconds (previously did not reduce the cooldown).
    Reckless Abandon now also increases the duration of Battle Cry by 2 seconds (previously did not increase the duration).
    War Machine lasts 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    Wrecking Ball increases the damage of your next Whirlwind by 250% (was 200%).

(Fury) Ceann-Ar Charger: Gain 8 Rage (was 10 Rage) whenever you Enrage.
    (Fury) Kazzalax, Fujieda’s Fury: Bloodthirst increases all damage you deal and all healing you take by 1% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 4 times (was 5 times).

Fury
    Fury Warrior's template secondary stats have been adjusted:
    75% Mastery
    150% Haste
    100% Versatility
    75% Critical Strike
    Enrage reduces damage taken in PvP situations by 10% (was 20%). Warpaint further reduces this to 5% (was 15%).
    Blood Hunt removed.
    Death Wish now has a 15 second cooldown, and stacks up to 15 times (was 5).
    Last edited by mmoc18033c06d1; 2017-01-10 at 10:09 AM.

Basically sucks, 5% buff to most abilities but not RB, while other classes get like at least 8% buff, then they made some garbage talents possibly useful. thats what i saw.

- - - Updated - - -

nerf to DR btw, what the hell

Deleted
    Well, as expect in the end its only minor number tuning. The main (imho) Fury problem Execute phase w/o massacre talent wasn't touched at all. Not a that big surprise though.

It's nice Reckless Abandon was buffed, never liked Dragon Roar. On the other side our Haste was reduced by the secondary stats nerf what might even out and neglect the RA buff when certain breakpoints can't be reached anymore?!

I don't feel like i wanna use the other buffed talents like Fresh Meat or Frothing Berserker after the patch, i'll stick to my standard build. Overall for me 7.1.5. is a minor buff thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Basically sucks, 5% buff to most abilities but not RB, while other classes get like at least 8% buff, then they made some garbage talents possibly useful. thats what i saw.

- - - Updated - - -

nerf to DR btw, what the hell
    RB is included, AA isnt tho. This is the old post of the aura :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye knew they wont deliver us execute phase fix. Thank god im lucky and got ring,,,,
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Especially with the changes, for an increase to execute I would probably rather have the helm over the ring. The ring is fine, but at 2ppm the helm certainly overtakes it.

To me its mind boggeling that fury who's already on bottom half gets only 5% while classes like outlaw rogue gets 16% increase and DH havoc gets 10% increase. It really doesnt make sense to give fury the smallest dmg increase of all classes except balance druid 4%(which also doesnt make sense). So to me it's just a slap in the face to only get 5% increase.

Deleted
    Latest sims, if I'm reading these correctly, puts fury on 3rd best dps:

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links, just google 'Raid_T19M.html'

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a patchwerk sim so we get a really good solid Execute phase where movement doesn't force any dropped stacks like it does on any actual boss in the game right now.

As it's been pointed out many times simming in general and especially for fury is not a reliable source to go off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattnix View Post
    Latest sims, if I'm reading these correctly, puts fury on 3rd best dps:

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links, just google 'Raid_T19M.html'
    SimC lies It is good to check if an item will increase your dps. But it is horrible tool to compare dps of each specs.

Simcraft has a pretty long execute phase on top of being a patchwerk fight so if you look at the dps line graph in the results you can see the final result comes from that.

Countless bumps in the main major Fury thread on PTR and we get no response. I'm gonna be skipping this patch fellas, maybe they'll get around to some actual fixes for 7.2. Not holding my breath though.

In the meantime, I'll be playing on the "other" servers.

They are just keeping up the not-listening that Ion admitted to in some stream.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

with the change to RA, does that value the Unrivaled Strength relic now even higher than it already was? Also, was it confirmed that the relic received the full 7s or did it remain at just 5 even with the talent?

Deleted
    The biggest disappointment (which we've knew about for quite some time now) is that they just ignored the broken class mechanics and talents. The numbers tuning is there just because and the talents that were changed are either still irrelevant or relevant, but just as awkward as ever (fucking rage capping yourself with BC, god why).

For people wanting to top the meters - fury actually scales quite nicely with ilvl. We were down at the bottom at the start, but have managed to climb our way to a reasonable spot. I am guessing fury will just get better and better as we approach the 50% haste mark and start getting more mastery in. Look at WW monks as a reference point. They were cream of the crop at the start, but don't scale considerably with ilvl and have now fallen off compared to other classes. I can't back this up with hard facts, but these are my general observations.

They changes are there, it feels like, just so blizzard would have something to put up under the fury section.

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    The biggest disappointment (which we've knew about for quite some time now) is that they just ignored the broken class mechanics and talents. The numbers tuning is there just because and the talents that were changed are either still irrelevant or relevant, but just as awkward as ever (fucking rage capping yourself with BC, god why).

For people wanting to top the meters - fury actually scales quite nicely with ilvl. We were down at the bottom at the start, but have managed to climb our way to a reasonable spot. I am guessing fury will just get better and better as we approach the 50% haste mark and start getting more mastery in. Look at WW monks as a reference point. They were cream of the crop at the start, but don't scale considerably with ilvl and have now fallen off compared to other classes. I can't back this up with hard facts, but these are my general observations.

They changes are there, it feels like, just so blizzard would have something to put up under the fury section.
    Well put.

It feels like the Fury changes are there just so there was text in the Fury section of the patch notes without any real thought going into the changes.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    I am guessing fury will just get better and better as we approach the 50% haste mark and start getting more mastery in.
    I was looking forward to possibly hitting 50% haste for 7.1.5 or with the T19 set release. Until they gutted ALL the haste on the set as well as revamped the entire stats valuation. I was on an earlier version of the PTR and was very close to the mid 40's % haste mark before the revamp. Once that major nerf hit, it was GG for me.

Since we are stuck wearing the T19 set, coupled with the full gutting of haste on the set, it was obvious we were stuck not being able to obtain that magical haste mark. Maybe someone on the dev team actually hit 50% haste, then realized they made a huge error which resulted in the set stats heavily favoring haste to having all of the haste in the helm. (Which shares the same haste as our Legendary Helm) Was it too good that they nerfed it to the ground? Who knows.

Post changes on the PTR, I saw my deeps drop by a lot and saw the GG sign. Its just not worth it and I would rather just wait to see if they can get their act together for 7.2. As like Diablo 3 with the same developers now, if a Season in D3 sucks you can only just skip it and hope they buff your class for next Season.

Deleted
    I think you guys overrate the 50% mark a lot. It doesnt mean we reach the peak of dmg there, it just means haste loses value at this point and mastery gets stronger. But: before 50%, the stats are already really close to each other which is actually good for us, because the horrible itemization doesnt hit us as hard as arms warriors.

Having played this game since early Beta before vanilla, I have seen lots of changes and lots of reactions to those changes. WoW changes always seem to bring out the Chicken Littles who think the sky is falling. They complain incessantly, make it sound like Blizzard gets off on destroying classes, and then threaten to rage quit. It's tiresome, and the noise tends to drown out thoughtful analysis of the changes. Yes, change can be difficult. We like things the way they are and resist anything that takes us out of our comfort zone.

The truth is, Fury is in a great place in 7.1.5. WM, WB, FB, and RA open up a whole new style of play that is highly competitive, especially in M+.