[Prot] Legendarys in 7.1.5

All,

I'm wondering what people think of the Legendary options in 7.1.5, currently I wear the Tyelca for all content, and Sephuz for M+ or Heathclifs for progression. I also have Prydaz sitting in my bags unused.

I'm not asking which of these is best, just providing background. What I'd like to ask the community is what is our general BiS list for M+ and Raids, I see lots of threads about this, and I know it's a complex question...but as Prot, what are your best 2 legendary mixes? What are some good ones that might not be the best?

If people find this a stupid question, feel free to let it drop off the first page and accept my apologies for the clutter.

Deleted
    Only doing mythic+, but those i run those back and forth.
    Id go for a mix of helm, sephuzring and legs.
    +9 quick 3 chest farmrubs - legs and ring
    +>10 with tyranical - helm and ring or helm and legs, not sure yet and maybe up to the specific dungeon
    +>10 with fortified - helm and legs

Kinda afraid the helm will never drop tho :P

Currently we basically only ever really have 1 Legendary choice.

5 Man Content

Legs is a must use for anything 5 man related. The amount of dps and absorbs they bring is irreplaceable and should be used 99.9% of all 5 man content. That really only leaves 1 choice for 5 mans and honestly unless you needed the survival from helm/neck I would play belt/legs in 99.9% of all 5 man content. Nothing will yeild a more versatile mix of dps and survival. Belt will make HotP a LoH and if you are lucky enough to get your hands on four set quickly that will be an amazing combo. I think Sephuz will actually be pretty legit for 5 mans as well because we will basically have the buff every ICD making it quite strong. I would still rate the belt much higher though but that is for the mostly anecdotal reason that I have very good gear and my groups usually pull huge packs around CDs so being able to do 2-6 million dps as a prot paladin on a big pull every 2 minutes will just be insane.

Raiding

100% HANDS DOWN The helm will be mandatory. The four set synergizes with it so well to the point where we will have HoTP up almost all the time. This legendary is so crazy strong I am shocked it is going live as is to be completely honest. Outside of farm dps pad-fest raiding you will use this on 100% of progression pulls.

Your second choice boils down to personal choice.

Neck is ok for overall mitigation but not being controllable could lead to it being quite useless depending on timing of boss abilities and personal CD usage. It will look great on the healing meters but there are many situations where that absorb will be pretty meaningless. Not to say there arent situations where a fortuitous proc could be life saving its just I am sure many of you would share my sentiment that not being able to control that lessens the value of it quite drastically.

Belt Honestly will most likely be my go to for most scenarios. The synergy with Helm/Four Set/Belt Being LoH will be very formidable and really great for progression tanking.

Trinket could be ok in some scenarios where you needed the abosrb but overall a bit lackluster

The Rings bracer boots chest all are just kinda meh and if you only have those to choose from I would jsut go with the best itemization for you so chest is really nice.

TLDR In my opinion the belt is mega strong now and usable in almost all scenarios as a defensive and offensive cooldown and I think that legs or helm are very strong in each scenario and you should be looking to play that combo in most scenarios. There will be other situations where a certian legendary would benefit you but I think top to bottom overall those 2 setups will reign supreme.

Right now I'm using legs + Sephuz for M+, and chest + Prydaz for raiding. I was using legs for raids just for their stats/armor, but gotta love all that haste being added to Prydaz.

It's been weeks since I got my 4th, so if they really did remove that soft cap I should have a bit of bad luck protection built up now. Sounds like I should be wishing for the helm, but who knows? I'll make the most of whatever I get.

What would really excite me at this point are better trinkets and/or an iron relic, all long overdue.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My Paladin hit 110 on Saturday night but I managed to snag the new helm and the Heathcliff ring today. The helm has been an absolute blast to play with so far. Makes doing no healer mythics much easier and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    My Paladin hit 110 on Saturday night but I managed to snag the new helm and the Heathcliff ring today. The helm has been an absolute blast to play with so far. Makes doing no healer mythics much easier and fun.
    We all officially hate you =P

Really

Hate

Not a strong enough word......