Deleted

Legendary ~soon, what would you do?

I'm one of the lucky ones. I was dedicated to playing Fire all expansion. Had tremendous luck with the legendaries (Marquee first, Sephuz second, then came Darckli's Diadem and about 2 months ago Norgannon).

While Sephuz and Norgannon are in no way bad (especially with the incoming buffs) for other specs, I am now at a crossroads with loot spec. I've kept loot spec on Arcane ever since Norgannon dropped. That was during the time of the first 7.1.5 iterations where Fire seemed like it was going to be completely unplayable in the new patch.

Now, it doesn't look that bad. Flame patch will be fixed, rotation will go back to normal. It seems that Koralon's belt will become amazing. I would however like to try out the new Arcane since the main deterrent for playing it so far in Legion has been the awful (imo) design of Quickening. The Arcane legendaries are amazing (looking at the new head & bracers). I don't care about Frost.

I only play Mythic+ and raids, just casual PVP. Seeing how Nighthold actually has pretty awesome relics for Fire, I am having a hard time deciding what loot spec to go for starting next week.

What would you do in this situation?

- limit doing content until Nighthold appears (possibly fishing for a chance at the new legendaries)
    - keep Fire loot spec, hoping for Koralon
    - go for Arcane loot spec.
    - yolo and hope for the best possible outcome (which IMO would be the Time Warp ring)

I do realise this is not a big issue, but I'd like to know what you guys would do.

Tomorrow is a Mythic+ spam day, with Flamestrike being what it is I presume a 3 fire mage group will be ridiculous to watch .

Hi, welcome to the Mage community.

As always, decision comes down to personal preference. I can tell you from experience that Arcane is an amazing spec, and will be even more so with the removal of Quickening, which was indeed pretty toxic.

I have always believed that in the end Fire would have ended up being ok, and it turned out to be so. Your Fire legendary roster is at the top, so changing loot spec will definetly give you more choice but you won't be able to perform as good as Fire until you get good Arcane legendaries, which might take a while.

So: if you want to try out Arcane, go for it. Change the loot spec, but be ready to invest some gametime into it and consider the possibility that you might be unlucky. If Fire is still interesting to you and you were just looking at other possibilities because of the presumed death of Fire as a competitive spec, rest assured: it is not the case, Fire is still amazing and you'll perform great with it, expecially in the m+ environement.

One additional note that you might find useful: i see no indication (i might be wrong though, correct me in case) that new legendaries are tied to the Nighthold release. They will be introduced in the new patch, therefore they will get their chances of dropping as soon as 7.1.5 launches.

I have norgannon, belo'vir, koralon and marquee, i sticked with fire because quickening is a terrible mechanic and frost has crap aoe, so tomorrow bracers+belt combo gonna be fun
    btw tomorrow is also time for +15 achi
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-01-10 at 04:59 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Similar question: I have Fire bracers, belt, helm, and Prydaz. I was thinking of getting some off-spec legendaries next but I don't know if I should stick with fire for a higher chance to get Shard of the Exodar (since it applies to all three specs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Similar question: I have Fire bracers, belt, helm, and Prydaz. I was thinking of getting some off-spec legendaries next but I don't know if I should stick with fire for a higher chance to get Shard of the Exodar (since it applies to all three specs).
    The way I look at it you should switch. I am fire and I have Bracers, Belt, Prydaz... and I have switched to arcane. I would be happy with 4/7 of the legendaries I could get from arcane, while I would only be happy with 2/5 legendaries from fire. This is not taking into account the new lego's from 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    You should surely switch spec .

Thank you for your replies! I am not fussed about Fire not being competitive (or even top, in certain cases) in 7.1.5. If I haven't started moaning about it when the sky was falling down, I won't start now that it's actually looking quite sunny and warm.

But yeah, I will give Arcane a try, it's just that I wanted to stay away from it after the WOD fiasco with other specs. It does seem like Arcane is a lot more interesting nowadays though.

This being said, will anyone be so kind to give me a VERY SHORT answer to the question: during bossfights, do you use Mark of Aluneth on cooldown or always delay it for AP?