Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    You are right. Being more than 100k DPS off on some classes is amazingly accurate.

I can only judge their Demon Hunter stuff and it is horrible and unusable if you don't want to suck.
    Ignore the numbers and just look at the color - you will realize how close the coming sims are to what has noxxic now. Warriors seem to do very well - noxxic right or wrong?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    ...but what boggles my mind is when and how did the hate and generally mass dislike of Noxxic happen?
    Its been years, but it was either back in late Wrath or early Cata when I first heard of the site. The information they were posting at the time was so far off of what people considered "good practice" it was absolutely laughable.

The few times when I helped with recruitment for a raiding guild, there were so many times when a recruit with a bad spec applied and their reference was Noxxic. This was a running joke on several raid teams I belonged to.

For these reasons I don't hate them. I just never used them as a reference for my characters. Other sites are consistently good at providing advice. Why use a site that has a history of providing bad advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    So obviously it's not very accurate, but is it dramatically off?
    The answer is simply yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    Here are the DPS rankings for 7.1.5.
    Sims in 2017 elegiggle.
    Observe what happens on warcraft logs if you want some sort of understanding of how your spec performs.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-12 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What did I miss? Why do we hate Noxxic?

Is there even any WoW youtuber that we don't hate ?
    Nope since everyone here is in a world top ten guild. Parses at 99.9% in the logs. Then in general can design and maintain an MMO better than Blizzard why in the hell would they like Noxxic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    could you imagine what WoW would be like if everyone played the class they found the most fun and not what the raid group required or what was sim-ing the highest
    So tell me, what would WoW be like?

I can't really think it would change anything at all. Most people already play what they find most fun and most probably don't even know what a "sim dps" is.
    Only incredibly small amount of people raid. And even smaller fraction of those people are subjected to the conditions you mention. It's the extreme outliers.

This is why it's annoying (to me) that these threads pop up quite frequently.

Now if you'd asked me how it would effect the world first race?... well, quite a lot I'd imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sims in 2017 elegiggle.
    Observe what happens on warcraft logs if you want some sort of understanding of how your spec performs.
    Or at very least, how popular it is in comparison to other specs (which I think is good enough answer to all of these posts)

But to the point of this thread, the general rule of thumb is this:
    If you feel like you have to post in MMOC General forum and ask quetions that are just veiled "what is the best spec?" the answer won't matter at all, because you're not doing content where 10-15% variation makes any difference. Or if it does, no one notices it anyhow. Just pick any class. They're all Just Fine(tm).

If you're doing content where things like 5% spec DPS variation matters, the chances are, you know better than posting general FOTM questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    This thread shows again: All hate the elitists and none of them will give any valuable reason. Noxxic is a great site if you want to get better.
    But they have though. Read the rest of the thread.

For Fire Mage, what they have listed in their guide doesn't match at all with what people are finding, simming and actually using in 7.1.5 based on my personal experience, as well as (and more importantly) that of the Mage Discord and Altered Time. This was also true in 7.1.0.

Feel free to defend and use Noxxic if you like. But the evidence and reasons are there.

Why bother fucking about like this when you can literally look up the logs of what people are actually doing and filter the fuck out of them through any means necessary to determine real data. Go look at logs. Look at what people have already done in 7.1.5. That's what's actually happening in reality. Stop it with the simc breakdowns when you have the real data right fucking there.

Spoiler alert, that list doesn't match up with reality even slightly. Not even a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore the numbers and just look at the color - you will realize how close the coming sims are to what has noxxic now. Warriors seem to do very well - noxxic right or wrong?
    Don't look at any of it. Go look at Warcraft logs for actual empirical data of what every class is actually doing in real life. That's the only real answer to this entire thread. Simc class rankings are always stupid, even when the APLs are up to date. Why bother with the guesswork when the hard data is sooooooooooo easily provided to all for free.

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/5aXt3fi Yes they are totally accurate.

LOL.

I want to stab a murloc each time i see sims made without "warrior_fixed_time=0"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread shows again: All hate the elitists and none of them will give any valuable reason. Noxxic is a great site if you want to get better.
    u mean to get worse right? dude if u wanna use Noxxic go for it but don't complain that u stay a LFR hero forever .. noxxic is just shit inaccurate they don't even give any reasons why you should pick this and that .. any other *dps ranking* differs quite big compared to noxxic and calling Noxxic some kind of elitist shit LUL .. noxxic is more or less casual shit