Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sosaria View Post
    Anyone have a macro for the Meteor to get rid of the targeting circle?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@cursor] Meteor

This will cast Meteor where you have the mouse, without having to select where you want with the casting circle.

Thanks SlimJayrad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    No, they aren't RNG.

Everyone who complains about RoP is a terrible player. You know when every mechanic is going to happen. It's your fault for using it 3 seconds before something could pick you and force you to move, and its effect has like a 10+ yard radius. Look at your buffs. You should've been using a WA to track the buff + time left so you could move around in it and know when you're still getting it.

I had no problem using RoP and I still despise it. Everyone hated it from the day of it's inception 2 expansions ago and Blizzard kept shoving it down our throat.

Legion's iteration of the spell was okay, but ultimately I'm just glad that it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    I had no problem using RoP and I still despise it. Everyone hated it from the day of it's inception 2 expansions ago and Blizzard kept shoving it down our throat.

Legion's iteration of the spell was okay, but ultimately I'm just glad that it's gone.
    I never cared about the movement part of RoP much but the playstyle centered entirely around cramming instants into a Rune of Power and then doing nothing interesting outside was completely retarded and I hope they would have nerfed that even further.

For arcane Legion RoP feels fine because the whole arcane spec is designed for burst / sustain cycles so RoP fits in it very well as the whole playstyle of gathering resources for the next RoP makes sense. I wish they'd just make RoP a baseline arcane ability.

Deleted
    Jeez, Kindling isn't even an option anymore damage wise. I hate cinders, so Meteor here I come.

i like the sims so far - no rune and i personally love CiS. hope mirror images completely outshine IW/rop, cant stand those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwazz View Post
    Why does everybody hate Rune of Power? Because it actually requires foresight and coordination? Yeah, much rather use a passive damage boost.
    I chose Mage for the first time this xpac, and fire for the mobility. RoP negates the mobility (somewhat), and is sensitive to RNG damage, even more so without IF. It is also again a multiplier on the burst, that ofc is then compensated for by low dmg outside of the burst window. So it makes the spec even more RNG sensitive.

RoP is worst mage talent after prismatic crystal
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    Ya, there is. Its called Brambles. It wouldn't even take that much RNG.
    Then don't use RoP till after a brambles spawn and blink away from it... Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    I did swap Aran's for a 870 socketed Oakhearts Root, which SimC showed as a DPS increase for ST.
    I was already using 880 oakheart and 880 sinew over 860 ruby for ursoc/guarm and m10+ bosses
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

That was the persons point. If you are delaying it then you are not getting the full uptime % you should be getting throught the fight which means ur losing dps.

People can kite through you, target switch can occur

Quit being an ass, ROP is subject to RNG mechanics messing you over. Yes you can plan for SOME mechanics but others are random and as said by the other guy if you hold off and wait for "x" mechanic to come in you will lose uptime potential.

RoP is a lot better this expansion and is a good'ish talent but during progress and learning of bosses it is in effect annoying as hell to fully utilise.

Having options in that row is a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

I noticed that all the trinkets are the best non-forged versions. Does any1 know how would any trinket with less ilvl, for example ChronoShard 875ilvl, measure on the list?

I'm still trying to work out why an arans paired with chest is lower than a normal arans.

895 chest with an 880 socket arans I find it hard to believe its going to be poor, fun time simming this evening
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

aran's rppm was changed as it was getting out of hand on the dmg meters. i have the basic 860 with chest and it was my 3rd highest damage spell in m+

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    aran's rppm was changed as it was getting out of hand on the dmg meters. i have the basic 860 with chest and it was my 3rd highest damage spell in m+
    It was always my 3rd most damage spell, at a guess I'm presuming its still quite strong especially AOE then.

Are you saying that its still 3rd on your highest damage or was 3rd?

single target flame wreath is nerfed a little bit. I used to sim with my flame wreath doing more damage than my phoenix flames. Now its doing 3.2% relative to phoenix flames' 4.3%. Regardless of this ive gained atleast 30k DPS single target, and in general the build im using feels a lot nicer and simpler/more adaptable to play. I much prefer current fire over pre-7.1.5 fire.

Deleted
    RIP my trinkets 2017, thanks blizzard, now I can spend another 2 months farming different ones.

Blizzard HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    Because of stupid RNG mechanics - drop Rune - get randomly targetted by mechanic - so much fun

Before you state: Delay your rune -> doing this every time can mean you lose a full rune or more in uptime, so yes it's frustrating
    If you know there's an ability in the fight that can cover your rune then don't stand in the middle of it. It's your own fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosaria View Post
    Anyone have a macro for the Meteor to get rid of the targeting circle?
    /cast [@cursor] meteor

this will instantly cast meteor at cursor location