Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Marking target procs during arcane spam?

What do we do with these marking target procs during arcane spam? Both with trueshot up and without? Do we only use Marked shot now to open the vulnerable window for 3 aims?

Yeah that's my question as well. With the guide basically stating to not use Marked shot unless you have 115+ focus (so you have the focus for marked + 3 AiS) that so far has seemed like a whole lot of wasted marked shots.

Also, during Trueshot should we skip aimed shots altogether and just back and forth AS/MS?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    What do we do with these marking target procs during arcane spam? Both with trueshot up and without? Do we only use Marked shot now to open the vulnerable window for 3 aims?
    Got the same question

I've been trying everything on the dummy and I can't figure any synergy out in this rotation. I genuinely can't tell the DPS difference between skipping Marked procs or using them when I have 2 and using Arcane to time my focus dump toward the end of the vulnerable window. The DPS seems the same either way, but who knows which is because of RNG (crits backloaded on the PS Vuln).

What I can say for certainty is the moment I entered a fight that required movement I was utterly ruined. Last week I pulled 447k on Nythendra and in normal Mythic Maw I pulled less than 300k on Helya. Maybe there's a learning curve to this rotation, but nothing is intuitive or anything. I literally cannot see what is going wrong as soon as I can no longer tunnel vision a dummy.
    Last edited by Megotaku77; 2017-01-11 at 03:36 AM.

I saw a net loss of 60k dps in H-Hov. I do not like the rotation outside of trash pulls which feels fluid and fast paced. ST it feels shitty, I may just need to play with it and get used to it. Both hunters in my raid including my self have seen a large dip in dps over all. I did more dps as BM with 8 less artifact levels 38vs30.

Feels like I spend all my time spamming Arcane Shot, and rarely AiS. Really disliking the new rotation.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Feeling the same way. Really dislike the feel of MM now. I miss the old rotation, even if our ST wasnt the best :|

Just did Heroic EN up through Renferal.

Ursoc and Nythendra - dps was more on Nyth then last week and only a little less on Ursoc.
    Dragons and Renferal - harder to hit numbers from week before as multishot cone not nearly as good for spread out aoe as sidewinders. I'm wondering if SW might still be good for a fight like that?

Thing is that SW was a very late in alpha bandage "solution" to the base MM rotation being a garbage fire. Now the bandage has been ripped off, and the garbage fire is still there. Astoundingly, they managed to make it worse by completely failing to understand why Patient Sniper was popular (hint, it wasn't the short vuln duration), and making an already annoying debuff even more crucial while adding a timing pain in the ass.

It feels more and more like they test their half-assed ideas with a rotation bot on a dummy and call it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I think it doesn't matter too much what you do. They are both so close in damage per focus (assuming you're taking True Aim and Trick Shot) that you can choose to ignore your procs or you can spend them all and your overall DPS will be similar, as long as you never focus cap (which you will if you get too many procs in a row without casting Aimed Shot), and, most importantly, you are always casting Arcane Shot if you're not casting anything else.

Aimed Shot is slightly better than Marked Shot when it comes to effective damage per focus, so the absolute optimum rotation (from my understanding) is similar to the one given by Icy Veins although you'd want to just ignore all Marked Shot procs and only use it to refresh Vulnerable in order to do the following rotation over and over and over again:
    1. Arcane Shot until you can cast Marked Shot at 120 focus
    2. Marked Shot -> 3*Aimed Shot
    3. Repeat for the while fight (even during Trueshot)

However, given that it's likely you'll end up focus capping a tiny little bit by the time you finish casting that first Aimed Shot, it really isn't that much better (or perhaps could even be slightly worse, but still basically the same) than just simply spending all your Marking Target procs on Marked Shots as soon as you get them.

So you could do something like:
    Arcane -> Marked -> Arcane -> Marked -> Arcane -> Marked -> 3*Aimed Shots
    (Even during Trueshot!)

And your DPS really wouldn't be that much less, as long as you never focus cap and as long as you end Trueshot with as little focus as possible (which you can only do if you cast a lot of Aimed Shots during Trueshot).

There may be some tweaking necessary to maximise Patient Sniper during Trueshot (since you might be able to fit more GCDs in the 7s Vulnerable when you have that much haste), and to end Trueshot with an Aimed Shot, rather than during the Arcane spam focus generating phase.

Only spec in WoW at the moment to ignore procs is a DPS increase.

This is seeming like a sad reality. Trying to stay uncapped focus but still get to 115 focus to use MS so I can use 3 aimed in vulnerable is difficult.

Trick shot build is clunky and messy. I liked SW before patch, but now its close to perfect with the increased time you got vulnerable up(6 to 7, and more procs per minute)

Thats the only good thing with this patch.. Seeing they buffed focus gain by 40 onk SW(up from 35, still doesnt day on the notes) I feel that the sw-build flows well. Its less waiting now and it feels good.

Deleted
    I only spend all procs on aoe/ cleave. and ignore them on ST. I dont know yet if thats the right Thing to do

Deleted
    Only thing I hope for is that they revert all the changes they did to vulnerable and SW and then I'd be happy....

THE ONLY THING THEY HAD TO DO TO BALANCE OUR CLASS:

- BUFF AIMED (ST)

- NERF BARRAGE AND MARKEDSHOT.

maybe it wasn't the most satisfying playsytle but at least it wasn't that clunky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Seeing they buffed focus gain by 40 onk SW(up from 35, still doesnt day on the notes) I feel that the sw-build flows well. Its less waiting now and it feels good.
    5 bonus focus from trait , SW do give 35 on their own

Deleted
    Played it last night for a full EN and ToV heroic clear and I must say .. I hate it with a passion.
    I feel like I am spamming Arcane shots that hit like wet noodles for 70% of the time praying for a fucking proc on marked shot while focus capping like an idiot.

Really do not understand these changes, its not like our single target was amazing to begin with.

Really confused and its really turning me away from my hunter after 7 years of playing it.
    Just don't know what to do now as Surv is a no go for me as I dislike melee and the other 2 ranged specs are just underpreforming by miles.
    I don't mind a boring spec to much as it just helps you focus on the fights more but at least make the boring specs preform with decent numbers.

Eugh.

No you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Feor View Post
    5 bonus focus from trait , SW do give 35 on their own
    Yep, my bad, I totally forgot actually about the trait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    Only thing I hope for is that they revert all the changes they did to vulnerable and SW and then I'd be happy....

THE ONLY THING THEY HAD TO DO TO BALANCE OUR CLASS:

- BUFF AIMED (ST)

- NERF BARRAGE AND MARKEDSHOT.

maybe it wasn't the most satisfying playsytle but at least it wasn't that clunky
    They already do this and you see the results