Thread: Upgrade options

Upgrade options

Hello,
    I am thinking of upgrading my PC and i wish i can play wow on 10 setting full HD
    From the forums people are posting about how wow doesnt utilize multicores cpus and to get high frequency cpu luke intel
    So my options is
    Intel core i5- 7600
    2x amd corss fire 480 or 1 nvidia 1070

Or
    Intel core i7-7700k
    2x amd crossfire 480

The rest will be the same as this month unicorn build a pc lik the ssd and watercooling

Thanks in advance to whoever read and reply

Max settings in WoW is not something you should be shooting for, its not like other games where you throw money at your PC and you can crank the settings up. WoW is different in the fact that mid range PC from years ago can achieve just as good of an experience as a brand new PC that costs thousands. Whether you should upgrade or not depends on what your current PC is, but more than likely its not worth spending the money.

I only play wow on PC and watch movies/Netflix
    I am a console gamer
    my current build is 2nd gen core I7 3.4gh and amd radeon hd 5800 its old but getting me video settings 7 at 30-50 fps
    so is it better to get 480 crossfire or just NVidia 1070 for wow as they are the same price
    and does it make difference with wow to go for i7 or just the speed and go with cheaper i5 ?

You dont need a new PC just a GPU, and you dont need anything like a 1070. A gtx 1050 is a huge upgrade to your 5800 series card and is only 100 bucks, WoW does not need much in terms of GPU power. Heck i have a gtx 760 from 2013 and its overkill for the game, my GPU does not even boost to its max speed while playing WoW.

cool thank you they don't sell 1050 but I can get 1060 for about 210 usd or amd 480 for 220usd but need to check my mobo msi maximus 3 support it, if not will get new cheap mother board

Quote Originally Posted by q8crescent View Post
    cool thank you they don't sell 1050 but I can get 1060 for about 210 usd or amd 480 for 220usd but need to check my mobo msi maximus 3 support it, if not will get new cheap mother board
    Your board supports it, and for WoW you want to stick to nvidia.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...X_1060/23.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Max settings in WoW is not something you should be shooting for, its not like other games where you throw money at your PC and you can crank the settings up. WoW is different in the fact that mid range PC from years ago can achieve just as good of an experience as a brand new PC that costs thousands. Whether you should upgrade or not depends on what your current PC is, but more than likely its not worth spending the money.
    He didn't ask you how spending his money is a bad idea. He wants advice on how to upgrade his pc, his money is his own

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    He didn't ask you how spending his money is a bad idea. He wants advice on how to upgrade his pc, his money is his own
    What are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yeah, but he wants to upgrade his PC so that he can play WoW on max settings, which means he doesn't need to spend near as much as he was planning on spending.