Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    First off, again, if it is a patchwerk fight (which we occasionally have) then there ARE NO STRATS

Secondly, even if there are strats, they could be a trivial problem at best thanks to shit like ice flows or shimmer.

Third, even if the fight isn't patchwerk, it will inevitably become patchwerk thanks to gear. Think blackfuse. Think Brackenspore.

If the fight is heavy movement and heavy swapping and just generally fucking with your spec, then simc won't help, no. But neither will LFR due to unrealistic timers. LFR won't kill adds as fast as your guild etc

now if you're talking about progression, thats even easier. You will be wiping on bosses that are reasonably difficulty 50-100 times. You'll know the times like the back of your hand. 37-45 seconds roughly between this phase and that phase, ok what spell does that line up with (and so on)

SimC is merely the template or the starting point. After that your dps is about your fight length and your knowledge of it.

LFR is just poisoning the well against that.
    You are getting stuck on the LFR point, I didn't even mention LFR because I don't consider it real raiding.

The point I'm trying to make is that although I appreciate simcraft and their values I only trust them to a point because we rarely have fights like that. I trust the actual log statistics from WoL much more when it comes to whats actually performing and what isn't. Simcraft is purely theoretical, its no different then if we look at science.

Simple example is this, pretend we know nothing about the boiling point of water
    Theoretically lets say we calculate it to be roughly between 100 degrees and 102 degrees, depending on composition of the water
    Practically when actually attempting to boil the water it turns out the actual number is between 104-106, depending on the composition of the water.

The number that we will care about more in reality is the practical results because the theoretical results aren't the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    You are getting stuck on the LFR point, I didn't even mention LFR because I don't consider it real raiding.
    its in the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    You can queue infinitely to test it over and over so i figure LFR is better than sims because of the raid environment, granted its LFR but you get what i mean.
    are we not discussing the threads topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    its in the title of the thread

are we not discussing the threads topic?
    I broke away from that part and went into talking about how we can learn much more from actual gameplay then relying on parses.

er.... wasn't expecting this but ok.

btw that guy that mentioned player skill settings in simc, the dev replied in another forum that the setting is flawed, it should always be set to Elite.

anyway, if anyone performs very closely to your sim, mind sharing your rotation ?

Also, there are some things i want to test like is it worth casting CiS during 30% phase with Koralon waist or just constant scorch>pyro, but the custom rotation thing is so confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    er.... wasn't expecting this but ok.

btw that guy that mentioned player skill settings in simc, the dev replied in another forum that the setting is flawed, it should always be set to Elite.

anyway, if anyone performs very closely to your sim, mind sharing your rotation ?

Also, there are some things i want to test like is it worth casting CiS during 30% phase with Koralon waist or just constant scorch>pyro, but the custom rotation thing is so confusing.
    I still find Koralon a major lackluster legendary. Does anyone notice an actual dps increase while in "execute" phase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I still find Koralon a major lackluster legendary. Does anyone notice an actual dps increase while in "execute" phase?
    Yea a bit, it feels very nice to run while casting But you maybe have to go in melee range to get full potential..

my last +10 run i did notice that my damage done was rising pretty quickly during the 30% phase when i just spam scorch/pyro cause i kept looking at the meter.

not very scientific but still... it feels amazing to be able to run around like a mad man doing damage.