Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just got my third legendary from a random BG yesterday, and I have been doing every emissary, a few high M+ per week, H/M EN + H ToV clears since day one.

I feel like I'm on a different planet though, I feel like I play a lot (maybe too much) and a lot of people are already waiting on their fifth legendary?? I would love to see a breakdown of /played versus number of legendaries (I know that harder content rewards better but fuck that shit, I got my legendaries from an emissary, RBG, and low m+, and I raid mythic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I've been clearing heroic EN and ToV for months now, EN mythic for 2 months. Also been doing around 10-15 m+ every week, random hc every day, around 1 normal full clear per week, obviously all the emissaries and the highest possible weekly chest. Still have only 3 legs on main. None of them were from raids. I do think the theory that the harder the content you do, the larger the chance it'll drop is sort of bollocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I just got my third legendary from a random BG yesterday, and I have been doing every emissary, a few high M+ per week, H/M EN + H ToV clears since day one.
    Doubt it but you can look at wowprogress to see how many Myth+ you have really run since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Valid complaint if he plays enough to justify it. Even with Blizzard removing the Softcap that existed. 4 -> 5 is harder than 1 -> 3 for example.
    If they removed it, why should it be harder?

Everyone who leveled to 110 in in the first 2 weeks of the addon and has simply done the emissary quests every day and mythic plus chest every week has 4 legendaries on those chars by now.
    110 1st of september, raiding every week since EN has opened (HM mostly), doing 10M+ a week + emissaries and i'm at 3. That's 27 days of played at that level without slacking that much in dalaran. I think a lot of ppl like me got hit by a bad luck protection reset mid october wich fucked us over. For the record I dropped my first leg more than a month after hitting 110, which is an enormous amount of time considering how fast you drop it nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    You have no clue how legendary drop rates work appearently.

Everyone who leveled to 110 in in the first 2 weeks of the addon and has simply done the emissary quests every day and mythic plus chest every week has 4 legendaries on those chars by now.

"you have 20+ legendaries" means nothing. The first 2 come with little effort for any new lvl110 char.

Anyway after 7 weeks I got the 5th legendary on my monk. However my Monk has done overall considerably less than my DK which is waiting for 8-9 weeks already and about the same as my Priest who is waiting for the 4th in the same time frame.

So at least I can say that all my chars should be on the verge of hitting bad luck protection now.
    I don't think so I leveld five characters to hudndredten within the first two weeks my druid 1 day 20 hours on 110 still got 0 legendsries and my paladin 3 days played got 1 meanwhile my priest which I recently leveled already got two

Deleted
    You are not even 2 days on 110, so I doubt you did much at all on those chars.

Deleted
    Meanwhile I leveled a warlock to 110 this month, and got first leggy the day after 7.1.5 hit, and the second 5 days later. Drop rates are fine, I'm good for now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Tell me about it, last legendary December 3rd. Since then weekly clears of EN (All difficulties), ToV (all difficulties) NH (2 HC and Normal clears), full Karazhan runs (including Nightbane) farmed to 54 traits in 1 weapon, 45 in another, 30 in 3rd and last but not least, have not missed a single emissary. Still waiting on #5 and hopefully a useful one now.
    meanwhile people in our guild are getting 2 per day (3 of them, different days) and we saw like 7 just yesterday
    RNG is RNG I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weet View Post
    110 1st of september, raiding every week since EN has opened (HM mostly), doing 10M+ a week + emissaries and i'm at 3. That's 27 days of played at that level without slacking that much in dalaran. I think a lot of ppl like me got hit by a bad luck protection reset mid october wich fucked us over. For the record I dropped my first leg more than a month after hitting 110, which is an enormous amount of time considering how fast you drop it nowadays.
    Bad Luck protection reseting meant very little as the first legendary is obtained very fast since october patch.

With the stuff you did you are at 3, just like my Priest with comparable effort. You probably were not boosting or running extra myth+ or clearing myth0. You are probably on the verge of the 4th just like my Priest at this point.

I got all together 4 legendaries on 3 different character.

2 of them dropped within few days.
    2 of them dropped like within 15 minutes from each other.

First dropped couple days before 7.1.5, from cache (resto druid ring).
    Second dropped same day as 7.1.5 was live for the first day, from cache (bm shoes).

Third dropped this week after reset from world boss (bm shoulders). Dropped before I rolled for bonus loot.
    Fourth dropped about 15 minutes later from same world boss to my warlock (Sephuz's Secret). Dropped before I rolled for bonus loot.

None of these characters have done a single raid/lfr or mythic/heroic dungeon.
    Only open world world quests, world bosses and caches.

Since I'm probably one of the very few people who plays this way, I thought my experience about legendaries would contribute to this thread.

I was running ToV lfr to finish my Transmog set a couple days ago, and the same guy got a legendary off both Odyn (Trinket) and Guarm (Sephuz). Over the last weekend I got 3 legendarys on 3 consecutive days (on 3 seperate characters, but still)....
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

Legendaries are exponentially more difficult to obtain with each additional legendary you get. You should not change specs unless there is "Crossover" in the legs you have, and if you get bad ones it is easier to reroll and level a new character to 110 to obtain good legendaries than it is to get them on a character that already has bad ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Legendaries are exponentially more difficult to obtain with each additional legendary you get. You should not change specs unless there is "Crossover" in the legs you have, and if you get bad ones it is easier to reroll and level a new character to 110 to obtain good legendaries than it is to get them on a character that already has bad ones.
    which is terrible design because it means that people that started for exmaple plaing Windwalker and now should switch to Brewmaster have to play an insane amount to even get 1 Brewmaster legendary as it will be treated as say their 5th legendary in terms of bad luck protection although they don't have a Brewmaster legendary at all, maybe not even a neutral cross-spec legendary.

Deleted
    Guys, ive been saying the over and over, but nobody gives a damn.

This comes from an IT guy(and you know what im talking about, if you are an IT guy as well):

There is NO RNG.:

1)The emissary chest you get, is determined, the moment you get it(furthermore this can depend on different factors), but NOT the moment you open it. Here is the proof - Blue Post; this was pre 7.1.5:
    "Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary.".

2)When you are doing mount runs, it's NOT/HOW you kill the boss, but the moment you enter the instance. My theory is, that it will take too much server calculation, to determine who gets whats loot, when people are looting(it's millions of people who are looting constantly). This is why, people also get lucky streaks, because they enter the old/new instances in the right moments.

If any of you played D3, there was also this rumour going on, that if you hit the right server, you will get more legendaries(which seemed to be true, when people were testing this theory).

And most importantly(my own theory):
    3)You can play this game, Diablo or some other game(even CS:GO)where loot distrubtion is based on "luck" - it's already determined, how lucky you are going to be, when you created your account/character.

Think of a blank paper, write down your character name and fill the rest with information, including how favorable your "luck" will be in %. This is why, some of your alts are more "lucky". Everything is automated(otherwise nothing would work).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-27 at 03:20 PM.

Still waiting for my 5th, been waiting for over a month now i think. I have completely stopped doing normal difficulty, atleast in EN and ToV. I have a feeling that only 1 difficulty counts towards badluck, so you can basically just do 1 difficulty per week, same with Essences from NH, you can also only get them from 1 mode per week i guess, i did 10/10 normal and got Essences, but in my 10/10 hc run i did not get a single one .. I got 4 legs, 1 from a M+, 2 from Emisarry, and 1 from a Rare Mob, not a single one from raiding, and the amount of legendaries i have seen other people get from raiding is 2. So i just do Emisarry every day and a couple of M+, and then heroic and mythic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Everything is automated(otherwise nothing would work).
    Yeah, sure, you're an IT guy, except you know jack shit about pseudorandom number generation, it seems.

I must have bad luck. It took two months for me to get my first. I just got my second maybe a month ago, and it was the dumb neck. Really hoping for the leather belt, but with my luck it'll be another month *minimum*.

First was from weekly cache, second from emissary crate.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    a few high M+ per week
    There is your problem. I'm in a fairly hardcore top 50 world guild and almost all of us have 5. The people that spam m+ the most have 6-8. Dehaka has 10. There is definitely a correlation with m+ spamming since almost everyone in higher end guilds is doing all emissary boxes, clearing each raid lockout, kara, ect every week.

The KP thing is actually fairly accurate, at least in terms of everything I've seen. If you don't have at least 500 m+ compelted you shouldn't be expecting a 5th legendary yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Tell me about it, last legendary December 3rd. Since then weekly clears of EN (All difficulties), ToV (all difficulties) NH (2 HC and Normal clears), full Karazhan runs (including Nightbane) farmed to 54 traits in 1 weapon, 45 in another, 30 in 3rd and last but not least, have not missed a single emissary. Still waiting on #5 and hopefully a useful one now.
    You should get it soon. My priest was same situation (54 shadow, 45 holy, all raid clears every week, all boxes) and got my 5th yesterday. Just keep spamming m+.

Remember there is a big divide date, when they enabled bad luck protection for people with 4 legendaries. Previously there was absically a softcap at 4 so no matter how much you played before that you were stuck at 4 unless super suepr lucky. So even if you did a fuck ton of m+ before that date and had 4, you werent building any higher legendary chance until they did the hotfix.
    Last edited by Ammanas; 2017-01-28 at 03:06 AM.

I have 6 now on my main. My 4th & 5th I got 7 bosses apart which was 1 week before 7.1.5 I think