Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ret stats in 7.1.5?

Haven't been paying too much attention lately, but since I'm in casual mythic guild, I'd like to know if our stat priority changed in any way. Is it still crit/versa with 20ish haste, ignoring mastery? Or will I have any use for all the mastery jewelry i was saving just in case?

My simmed stats went from Vers>haste>str>crit>mastery to Str>vers=crit>haste>mastery. Assuming yesterday's simcraft build is accurate in all aspects. These results were pretty much consistent for single target and AOE. Yours may be different, install simcraft, watch a tutorial and figure out your own setup.

So; vers, crit, and haste are all good and close enough that ilvl probably should win when deciding, mastery is terrible and just got worse (like 1/2 the value of other stats) for AOE since Divine Hammer and Consecrate are actually things now.

Strength went way up and haste has a bit more value when using ES.

Strength went to the top for all of our rets, too. Did they change something about main stats in 7.1.5? Maybe we gain more damage per each point of main stat or something?

Strength went up only because everything else went down. 400 points of crit = 1% now, where before 350 points of crit = 1%. Same idea with haste and mastery.

Question about the "20ish" haste. Ive always simmed and its always told me to shoot for the 30% haste. Also I have had more dps output via the 30% haste. Also I have done 96%+ for my ilvl on logs because of it, mean while ive noticed a lot of pallies my ilvl or even higher only going to the 22%ish haste and being way lower on dps.

My sense of doubt that some how magically my dps numbers could improve against my sims, against my parses is the fact that masses some how says that only 22% haste is the way to go and go forward with crit versa etc. Can anyone else show me their sims their numbers because it seems like you could go both ways honestly. The top Wowlogs pallies are running mostly 30% haste and only a few are running 22%

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas View Post
    Question about the "20ish" haste. Ive always simmed and its always told me to shoot for the 30% haste. Also I have had more dps output via the 30% haste. Also I have done 96%+ for my ilvl on logs because of it, mean while ive noticed a lot of pallies my ilvl or even higher only going to the 22%ish haste and being way lower on dps.

My sense of doubt that some how magically my dps numbers could improve against my sims, against my parses is the fact that masses some how says that only 22% haste is the way to go and go forward with crit versa etc. Can anyone else show me their sims their numbers because it seems like you could go both ways honestly. The top Wowlogs pallies are running mostly 30% haste and only a few are running 22%
    Not sure about you, but top pallies (for the most part; there are always exceptions) have cloak, which you should aim for 30% haste with.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
    Not sure about you, but top pallies (for the most part; there are always exceptions) have cloak, which you should aim for 30% haste with.
    Man I wish I had the cloak =( I have the belt but no cloak. But even without the Cloak at every single gear junction because Im a loser and sim that often, it has always told me to get to the 30% marker that is the only time Ive seen Haste get out weighted in SimC for me at least.

Man I wish I had the cloak =( I have the belt but no cloak. But even without the Cloak at every single gear junction because Im a loser and sim that often, it has always told me to get to the 30% marker that is the only time Ive seen Haste get out weighted in SimC for me at least.
    I have neither. With ring as my only dps leggy, I'm basically stuck non-competitive. I hate to say it, but I miss WoD because this RNG legendary nonsense sucks all the fun out of raiding tbh when you don't have the right one(s).

When I had 26% or so, it had haste high until ~30%, but as soon as I dropped haste down with certain upgrades, its value dropped too. I'm at 19% right now and it was higher value at 23%. Of course, simc is also telling me divine hammer is best ST for me atm, so I'm not sure what to believe anymore~

Also I have had more dps output via the 30% haste. Also I have done 96%+ for my ilvl on logs because of it, mean while ive noticed a lot of pallies my ilvl or even higher only going to the 22%ish haste and being way lower on dps.
    A few % going one way or another between haste, crit and vers have almost no impact on your overall dps.

You won't be able to notice the difference because other factors influence your dps by several orders of magnitude bigger margins. For example fight length, strategy used, raid composition, padding, legendaries and even pull to pull rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
    Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Why?
    So the GCD will be decreased to a point where you can do more actions inside one cloak-buff.

Ret Guide
    The aim is to, obviously, stack the best stat (haste) but to also find a balance in the acquisition of others. Too much of one at the expense of others tends to be a DPS loss. You need to find the balance between haste, crit and versa. But generally, the best bet is to pursue crit and Versa after the first plateau ( about 20% haste). It appears there are some breakpoints for haste at 19%,24%,27% and about 31%.
    If you are using the Legendary Cloak(Whisper of the Nathrezim) you should pursue haste till about 31%.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    So the GCD will be decreased to a point where you can do more actions inside one cloak-buff.
    But 30 % isn't the breakpoint for another GCD inside the cloak buff's duration. You would need 50 % haste for the 4th GCD. (You have 3 as long as you are above 12.5 %.)

There is indeed also a haste breakpoint at 31.25 %, which will give you one more GCD inside the Judgment debuff window. While that breakpoint can be very useful if you can reach it without sacrificing too much ilvl, it has nothing to do with the cloak.

Also, assuming the information/reasoning in the guide were correct (which I think is not the case), why would someone suggests 30, when the breakpoint is 31.25 (or supposedly 31)? Being just under is the worst you could do.
    Last edited by Meiffert; 2017-01-13 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    A few % going one way or another between haste, crit and vers have almost no impact on your overall dps.

You won't be able to notice the difference because other factors influence your dps by several orders of magnitude bigger margins. For example fight length, strategy used, raid composition, padding, legendaries and even pull to pull rng.
    Thanks ^_^ essentially like I kinda mentioned but in a horrible way, there ultimately two different routes to go on, but you have to hardcore pursue either of those routes. No reason to sit at 27% haste instead of 22% vs 30% might as well either drop some or gain some to go one way or the other more. That is my assumption from your response. Please let me know if my imagination took a wrong turn somewhere XD. Havent really tried hard in WoW since WotLK so simming to this extent is pretty new to me.

I'm using this pawn string now and it feels good. Tho have to take the haste breakpoints into account of course and not blindly go haste!

( Pawn: v1: "PVE-Paladin-Retribution": Class=Paladin, Spec=3, CritRating=6.03, MasteryRating=4.53, Strength=9.03, HasteRating=7.53, Versatility=6.03)

20% is about what u need to ret pallys anything more is just waste and verst is a dump stat other then that its STR/Crit/Verst/Haste/Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by loneeagle85 View Post
    20% is about what u need to ret pallys anything more is just waste and verst is a dump stat other then that its STR/Crit/Verst/Haste/Mastery
    This is inaccurate. Depending on what drops you get it could definitely be worth it such as in my case to get up to 30% haste.

true

This is inaccurate. Depending on what drops you get it could definitely be worth it such as in my case to get up to 30% haste.
    true but i think 30% is too much when u have TW/BL,Crusade, and trinks that give u haste buff but that just me and most mythic raider that are ret pallys i see with 20-22% but nothing higher then that

Hi there! I'm pretty new to simcraft and those things. How do i know what stat should i go for? Here is my armorylink -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...astprot/simple

Also I would be glad, if someone can post a link to a simcraftguide or tell me here. Thanks swarm!

/edit: I really try to get rid of mastery, but its hard...

So i simmed my RetPally with the last 715 nightly build - it said me to loose more haste and in invest in more crit/versa --> fine; but now i Would drop under 20% haste.
    Is that "right" or is 20% haste a sort of cap, which has to be reached?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Papercut View Post
    Hi there! I'm pretty new to simcraft and those things. How do i know what stat should i go for? Here is my armorylink -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...astprot/simple

Also I would be glad, if someone can post a link to a simcraftguide or tell me here. Thanks swarm!

/edit: I really try to get rid of mastery, but its hard...
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oSVy-g8uveUv4c