Question Started leveling a shadow priest but now I have questions.

Sup everyone. So I keep hearing from my guild how shadow priests feel weak now and then i go to the forums and I read how STRONG they are. So my question is, did spriests get an overall buff this patch? In other words, are they doing more dmg overall or is it roughly the same before the patch hit?

They got buffed outside of Voidform, so that'll make questing a lot better for them now. The new talent "Misery" is fantastic for just running about DoT'ing everything quickly.

With regards to SP being "STRONG" they are heavily dependant on their secondary stats. If you're not ideally setup your DPS will blow.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    They got buffed outside of Voidform, so that'll make questing a lot better for them now. The new talent "Misery" is fantastic for just running about DoT'ing everything quickly.

With regards to SP being "STRONG" they are heavily dependant on their secondary stats. If you're not ideally setup your DPS will blow.
    Ah i see. kk thx for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Sup everyone. So I keep hearing from my guild how shadow priests feel weak now and then i go to the forums and I read how STRONG they are. So my question is, did spriests get an overall buff this patch? In other words, are they doing more dmg overall or is it roughly the same before the patch hit?
    Don't be a FOTM snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    They got buffed outside of Voidform, so that'll make questing a lot better for them now
    This is the zestiest meme ive read in a long time.

Please tell me how questing is better when lingering insanity doesn't last 60 seconds?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    This is the zestiest meme ive read in a long time.

Please tell me how questing is better when lingering insanity doesn't last 60 seconds?
    Yea I leveled to 106 before the patch and am now 108 and questing (while leveling at least) feels terrible compared to before.

I feel so useless and static outside of voidform now, while before I was always racing to get longer voidforms, so that I would be more hasty after it ended. Now it just feels boring outside of voidform, and the LI talent is on the same row as the SW talent so either you have a shitty version of lingering insanity and a shitty version of sw:d or a good sw:d and a terrible playstyle outside of voidform.

Also mindsear being taken away feels bad. The main target of your new "mind sear" now needs to have SW:P so it will always take more damage than the others, so you regularly have to reapply SW:P to a new target to re-AOE but of course that target is already down to 30% so it's a complete waste of a GCD and also the target dies even sooner now meaning you'll have to reapply ANOTHER SW:P.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Yea I leveled to 106 before the patch and am now 108 and questing (while leveling at least) feels terrible compared to before.

I feel so useless and static outside of voidform now, while before I was always racing to get longer voidforms, so that I would be more hasty after it ended. Now it just feels boring outside of voidform, and the LI talent is on the same row as the SW talent so either you have a shitty version of lingering insanity and a shitty version of sw:d or a good sw:d and a terrible playstyle outside of voidform.

Also mindsear being taken away feels bad. The main target of your new "mind sear" now needs to have SW:P so it will always take more damage than the others, so you regularly have to reapply SW:P to a new target to re-AOE but of course that target is already down to 30% so it's a complete waste of a GCD and also the target dies even sooner now meaning you'll have to reapply ANOTHER SW:P.
    Misery is your friennnnd