10+ Year Old Account

VDH feeling the buffs of 7.1.5?

So I love tanks, I have a Pally, Monk, DK, and DH tank (and leveling a Warrior as we speak).

My DH is my alt's alt (main the BrM and my main alt is my DK) so I haven't really had a chance to test them out yet.

The biggest buff I've noticed on ALL my tanks is the HP buff. Each one got about an extra 200k or so HP, which is nice. Guessing this is from the primary stat buffs that they did to compensate for the secondary stat nerfs. Two of my tanks have the Pryaz necklace, and noticed a buff there. (Pryaz only buff tanks hp by 15% where as other specs get a 25% buff, still a nice buff from before tho).

Any talent buffs/changes that are immediately noticeable to the VDH? I noticed that my BrM and BDK are doing more damage as well, is it noticeable on the VDH?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yes we did get a 9% buff to most abilities. Believe the expection is Felblade and one more? Correct me if im wrong tho.

Razor Spikes, Fracture combo is alot of ST Dps
    Razor spikes going from 20% phys damage done increase to 30%
    Fracture from 40 pain to 20 pain.
    Demonic infusion = 3 charges of demon spikes basically on a 2 min cd (one on you and 2 charges refilled)

meta changes means fracture is also alot more viable since we dont need soul rending as badly anymore to make Meta a good CD.

Atm for DPS my build is 3322212. Im not sure on the 102 tier whats the best atm after the fel eruption buff for ST, or if Felblade is worth using now
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Atm for DPS my build is 3322212. Im not sure on the 102 tier whats the best atm after the fel eruption buff for ST, or if Felblade is worth using now
    I assume FE is better for damage, but Fellblade is better overall because it also gives you more mobility and generates Pain instead of costing Pain like FE does.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it does feel much much better than before. Soul barrier now actually makes a difference when you have no fragments on it. But at least for me, the most important one was fracture on 20 pain and 100% armor on meta, it reaaaally makes a difference. It also feels much more fun since you now have quite a few different talent options compared to 7.1.

For ST you still go with felblade, for dungs/aoe, flame crash. Flame Crash with the Abyssal is quite good now, having fun with them on dungs.

Anyway, back to the topic, I enjoy the buffs, feels kinda bad that our meta got buffed so much and out of meta we dont feel so tankish but its fine, not everyone has to be guardian.

I just love that fragments are an actual mechanic I can play with. Before it felt like besides our artifact ability fragment creation was sealed behind low health or immolation aura RNG. Now I'm having fun managing fragments between boss mechanics to make sure I have a great Soul Barrier or a nice big Soul Cleave heal.

Deleted
    New Meta definitely feels like a cooldown now (if you're not dealing with heavy magic damage). In 7.1 it was mostly being used for some additional DPS by me...
    Soul Barrier is okayish for raids and can feel great in M+.
    I'm not sold on Spirit Bomb for DPS though, at least if you're running Bomb + Barrier.
    Personally I kinda dislike Fel Devastation due to the channeled cast and reduced mobility but combined with Soul Barrier gameplay just feels smoother as it frees up GCD's.

I agree with Izao though, having to manage fragments is great if you're willing to put the effort in maximizing your effectiveness. That's something I love about the Eyebeam build for DPS aswell.

Meta was buffed to empower Shear and double your armor when it's up, that makes a massive difference against physical damage

Quote Originally Posted by Izao View Post
    I just love that fragments are an actual mechanic I can play with. Before it felt like besides our artifact ability fragment creation was sealed behind low health or immolation aura RNG. Now I'm having fun managing fragments between boss mechanics to make sure I have a great Soul Barrier or a nice big Soul Cleave heal.
    but i was doing that before patch o.O.