Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Exactly. Aka, a spec that will get you sat when they see how much padding youre doing/a spec that everyone will try and blizzard will nerf SD
    Lets not forget the other Boomkin they were running with, he did worse on a good portion of those same fights. He's the one that would be a better representation of the current Boomie trend. He had 1 good fight on Dragons, which means he probably had either excellent position, or he had the add heavy side. but on a fight like Ursoc, 11th.

Exactly. Aka, a spec that will get you sat when they see how much padding youre doing/a spec that everyone will try and blizzard will nerf SD
    The fun police are here.

Hmm, an aoe build on an aoe fight? Such meme. So innovative to use starfall on Helya.
    Using Starfall on Single Target (without OI) is far from being "normal".

Also, sadly, with the 2P/4P not buffing SF in any way, and even punishing you for not using Starsurge... idk, doesn't seem like it'll last once we all get 4P.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Also, sadly, with the 2P/4P not buffing SF in any way, and even punishing you for not using Starsurge... idk, doesn't seem like it'll last once we all get 4P.
    Using starfall on Helya is very normal.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Lets not forget the other Boomkin they were running with, he did worse on a good portion of those same fights. He's the one that would be a better representation of the current Boomie trend. He had 1 good fight on Dragons, which means he probably had either excellent position, or he had the add heavy side. but on a fight like Ursoc, 11th.
    The other druid was running the Starfall build too and is 10 traits behind gebuz.

Also these parses are pretty inconclusive as this was a farm raid (890 ilvl average, who knows how many traits) and they were pretty much fucking around the whole time (gebuz streamed the whole thing).

Using starfall on Helya is very normal.
    Using starfall exclusively isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    The other druid was running the Starfall build too and is 10 traits behind gebuz.

Also these parses are pretty inconclusive as this was a farm raid (890 ilvl average, who knows how many traits) and they were pretty much fucking around the whole time (gebuz streamed the whole thing).

Using starfall exclusively isn't.
    Well everyone says the 10points isn't much, but regardless his weapons sitting at about the same level as most of the general population heading into NH. Thus why I said he's probably the better representation of where the spec is roughly sitting at. An if this is pretty much a pointless parse, why are you trying to convince me when you should be trying to convince the guy who posted this as concrete proof Boomies are Op.

Really nice spec. I was lucky enough to get a prydaz and since rng hasn't rewarded me the helm/ring/wrists, I will try this spec this week and see how I do.
    What you guys say, should I go for more haste or mastery for this build? Fully buffed I stand at 70% mastery.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just curious - what is he using to proc Sephuz's?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

It should be normal with STFL build, but STFL is talent supposed to suck by design forever (or atleast this message i got from designers).

10+ Year Old Account
    How can one take advantage of Sephuz buff regularly?

^ Mass Entanglement

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx, I will try today.
    Regarding OI bracers and the building that uses lots of Starfalls: I would think it's a small gain because one will not cast many starurges to spend AP, but could seldom receive a free starsurge.
    The stats and sockets on ring and necklace are very nice.

Folks don't forget this fight is heavilly biased towards people with good AOE due to phase 2 and also phase 3.

Even before this patch I was able to pull crazy numbers by just spamming sunfire and starfall.

On other fights he had a standard spec and rotation.

Let's see how this continues going forward.

Deleted
    Just to clarify, I do not believe this is the ideal setup for the majority of bosses. It just happens to be really strong for Helya because of the extreme movement, and free cleave being extremely powerful (same reason Hunters where super strong before the patch). I would not suggest running it for most other bosses, I just did it to test it some more.

About my ranks, only bosses I actually played well on was Guarm and Helya, the rest I was just fucking about (tanks didn't let me cleave in p2 on Odyn ;_. However, I definitely do not think I would have gotten many rank ones in EN anyway, although the spec has the potential to top both Xavius and Nightmare Dragons.

About the legendaries: I literally just used those two because I thought it would be funny to get rank 1 with them. And as mentioned, it is not like they are terrible. IFE and LC are better for the build in general though.

Oh, and for everybody thinking I just padded. Nope, also got r1 boss dmg for boomkins:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...metric=bossdps

With IFE, would you still go sotf for the 40 AP starfall, or stick with incarnation, especially in m+?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Just to clarify, I do not believe this is the ideal setup for the majority of bosses. It just happens to be really strong for Helya because of the extreme movement, and free cleave being extremely powerful (same reason Hunters where super strong before the patch). I would not suggest running it for most other bosses, I just did it to test it some more.

About my ranks, only bosses I actually played well on was Guarm and Helya, the rest I was just fucking about (tanks didn't let me cleave in p2 on Odyn ;_. However, I definitely do not think I would have gotten many rank ones in EN anyway, although the spec has the potential to top both Xavius and Nightmare Dragons.

About the legendaries: I literally just used those two because I thought it would be funny to get rank 1 with them. And as mentioned, it is not like they are terrible. IFE and LC are better for the build in general though.

Oh, and for everybody thinking I just padded. Nope, also got r1 boss dmg for boomkins:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...metric=bossdps
    added comment to main post :P

Also, for Helya, have to recognize that he had the same uptime on Sephuz as he did for lust. That's incredible. Only one of his sephuz procs overlapped with lust so he was under lust or Sephuz for for about 1/3 of p3. Again, that's incredible.

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Really? Seems unbelievable to me. 1/3 uptime on at least 25% haste buff for a fight phase that lasts just short of 4min? Obviously I believe it because it happened.

But when has that ever happened in a fight before? Seems incredible. unbelievable. unexpected. exceptional. that's the kind of thing that happens only when it's built in as a mechanic to the fight through some buff mechanic.

The said they wanted Sephuz to be really strong when it could be strong...well, mission accomplished I guess.

This is awesome, I love unintended playstyles like this that manage to be somewhat viable.

Reminds me of Tier 11 when boomkins could stack enough mastery to just run around in circles spamming sunfire in solar eclipse with 3 stacks of that DoT initial damage buff (can't remember it's name).

I'm totally going to try this on Helya tonight.

Good times.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-01-12 at 04:00 PM.