Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk TellMeWhen Update for Patch 7.1.5 w/Download

Hey all! Patch 7.1.5 is now out and with it come a number of changes and tweaks. I've updated the Monk TMW Profiles to work with the latest patch and will continue to update it as changes are made in the future!

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

This profile is meant to be a rotational and cooldown guide so that you can better understand the inner workings of the class.

Updates for Patch 7.1.5 include:

Windwalker

- Added Last Spell Used tracker
    - Added Touch of Karma CD tracker
    - Touch of Karma bar added to the bottom of the profile
    - General bug fixes and adjustments

Brewmaster

- Changed talent options for patch
    - Added Ironskin brew timer

Mistweaver

- General bug fixes

As always feedback is greatly appreciated!

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

You can see an EXAMPLE OF IMPORTING HERE

Thx dude!! Great work, was waiting the update till patch release. Faster than the light, awesome work!

Thank you very much Chesder!! I love your work.

Deleted
    Hats off to u Chesder, really great work.

Deleted
    Hello thank you again for strings, am i the only one who has a bit of delay's on strings? when i use TP then BK and then chi wave, so last used skill gonna show BK even last was chi wave always one skill behind.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Hey all!
    Small proposal:
    Leave the RSK icon visible all the time.
    With the 2/5 set bonus it's sometimes distracting to see if it's available if not. !

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Is there a way to move it all the sametime and make it smaller ? it is reallly big for me

Quote Originally Posted by MrArnoEnCo View Post
    Is there a way to move it all the sametime and make it smaller ? it is reallly big for me
    Unfortunately no. TMW lacks full scaling. You can get a similar effect by reducing the scale of your UI in the advanced options of WoW but that is about it

MAJOR UPDATE 2/18/17

General

- You can now toggle the profile to display while in combat
    - Cooldowns for all three specs have been condensed and now add or remove icons dynamically
    - Passive Talent icons have been removed
    - Profile size reduced 20%

Brewmaster

- Moved Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew
    - Ironskin Brew buff uptime is now an overlay on the cooldown
    - Artifact and Expel Harm icons have been swapped
    - Stagger will now abbreviate numbers
    - Secondary cooldown bar has been added
    - Fortifying Brew and Zen Meditation have been moved to the cooldown bar
    - A rotation guide has been implemented

Mistweaver

- Thunder Focus Tea buff will now show the remaining time and stacks available
    - Renewing Mist and Roll icons have been moved
    - A single target rotation guide has been implemented

Windwalker

- Xuen tracker has been added

YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE

Hey, Chesder, love your TMW profiles on many classes, especially warrior and druid, but this latest brewmaster is very bad in my opinion. I don't like the decision of removing the ironskin brew bar and some other very important things.

My question is where can I find the previous version? I liked it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Hey, Chesder, love your TMW profiles on many classes, especially warrior and druid, but this latest brewmaster is very bad in my opinion. I don't like the decision of removing the ironskin brew bar and some other very important things.

My question is where can I find the previous version? I liked it a lot.
    The bar can be implemented again. As for other things that were removed. Only the cooldowns for keg smash and breathe of fire have been taken out in place of the rotation guide. Both are used on cooldown so tracking them was largely unnecessary.

Was there something else you liked that was removed?

The bar can be implemented again. As for other things that were removed. Only the cooldowns for keg smash and breathe of fire have been taken out in place of the rotation guide. Both are used on cooldown so tracking them was largely unnecessary.

Was there something else you liked that was removed?
    Yeah, pretty much this, but mostly the brew bar and main aoe cooldowns like keg smash and fire breath. I understand the point of single rotation window, but it makes almost impossible playing blackout combo as the mandatory talent.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-02-19 at 11:20 AM.

Yeah, pretty much this, but mostly the brew bar and main aoe cooldowns like keg smash and fire breath. I understand the point of single rotational window, but it makes almost impossible playing blackout combo as the mandatory talent.
    The idea behind the changes when I make them is to make it so that all profiles have a similar feel and look to them. It makes it easier to get used to where important information is kept and also easier for me to isolate when something is not as useful or perhaps not giving the information it needs to.

There were a lot of "fluff" icons in the brewmaster setup that took up a lot of space either by being passive icons that represent talents or icons that are representing buffs that are largely passive and don't change how you play. I had wondered for a while if a rotation was needed in the profile but after playing the class myself for a couple months I decided that the abilities are largely cast on cooldown and the rotation using Blackout Combo revolves around buffing it, then using "x" ability if able.

As for the bar. It felt to me as the odd group out since it was represented solo on one side and the information it gave was largely visual but the same effect can be gained without taking up space by overlapping it on the icon. This also plays into players being directed to not use the ability until the icon changes back.

The rotation actually takes Blackout Combo into it's conditions so you should see it suggest alternating Blackout Strike and a combo ability by priority. Otherwise it follows the priority based on damage and effect with Blackout Strike being the bottom choice without the talent. If you are using the talent you should find that it will never suggest using an ability without Blackout Combo active unless there is absolutely no other option.

This will instead let you focus on important matters of tanking such as using your brews and watching your health without having to track a dps rotation so much and that is the intention.

I put an update that changes the icon on the Ironskin brew buff and also added an Activation border while its active to make it easier to pay attention to.

As always I look for feedback and if this setup is something you have a hard time adjusting to I can look into reverting it in part to the way it was before, or at the very least implement the old cooldown system again. Let me know if this works out for you in the end!

UPDATE 2/19/17

Brewmaster

- Added visual to Ironskin Brews buff to make it easier to see
    - Ironskin Brews buff now has a unique icon

YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE

As always thank you for fast feedback responses I'll try the new build a little bit later.

But while we're at it I have another kinda relevant question. How do I solve the TMW irresponsivness? Is the delay just a thing of the addon? Or is it cpu heavy? Hard drive heavy or memory? Because it certainly feels different in different situations like solo/bg/dugeons/raids/etc.

As always thank you for fast feedback responses I'll try the new build a little bit later.

But while we're at it I have another kinda relevant question. How do I solve the TMW irresponsivness? Is the delay just a thing of the addon? Or is it cpu heavy? Hard drive heavy or memory? Because it certainly feels different in different situations like solo/bg/dugeons/raids/etc.
    In the General tab of the addon you can change the refresh time on the addon. It starts I believe at 0.8s refresh so if that feels unresponsive you can lower it to 0.5s

Also based on your connection to the server the rate at which it can update spell and ability/buff durations can be affected.

In the General tab of the addon you can change the refresh time on the addon. It starts I believe at 0.8s refresh so if that feels unresponsive you can lower it to 0.5s

Also based on your connection to the server the rate at which it can update spell and ability/buff durations can be affected.
    0.8s and 0.5s? Feels like a lot. Mine was 0.06 by default and I changed it to the minimum of 0.01. Will try to play it like that. Thanks again, Chesder <3

- - - Updated - - -

Can't find the new updated script on the site. It is still the old one there.

0.8s and 0.5s? Feels like a lot. Mine was 0.06 by default and I changed it to the minimum of 0.01. Will try to play it like that. Thanks again, Chesder <3

- - - Updated - - -

Can't find the new updated script on the site. It is still the old one there.
    I didn't change the text for the update. It is a stealth one But it is the right version

I didn't change the text for the update. It is a stealth one But it is the right version
    So it's just a flashing marker now? For some reason I thought you added a bar for it. Bars for Iron Hide/Mark of Ursol and Shield Block for druid and warrior are very useful and visually informative. Don't know why something similar would be a "fluff" for brewmasters.

A bar looks off in the setup. For now I'll use the icon and some visuals to emphasize that the buff is active. I'll make changes if needed in the future.

A bar looks off in the setup. For now I'll use the icon and some visuals to emphasize that the buff is active. I'll make changes if needed in the future.
    But still, is there a way to find the previous version?