gemcutter needed, JC new quests.

does anyone know how these work or where to get them?

thank you,
    Richardhead

The jc building in dalaran, shows up as a world quest, one was up yesterday to cut a gem in the building, reward was a common red gem.

im not seeing it. im 786/800
    know who starts the quest?

- - - Updated - - -

maybe they are just randomly available at different times on different servers.

Some of the prof WQs have a 12 hour time limit.

Mines wasn't showing on the map, however going into the JC'ing building, you can see the object on the counter is covered in sparkles, click it, and it brings up a UI with a gem covered in crystals, in which you have to click them all to *cut* the gem, and receive a gem as a reward, there is no quest givers etc, just the machine on the counter sparkling, hope this helps

Anyone managed to get blue gem? I have always too many cuts.

You have to have finished a number of the JC quest first. I have two JC, one had the Maws quest incomplete, and didn't have the gemcutter quest until after I turned it in. The other JC hasn't done the toy quests, but had the other quests done. He could do the gemcutter quest right away.

I accidentally got a rare gem the first time I did it, I don't remember the number of cuts, but I wasn't aiming for a low number. The second time I did it, I got a common gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Anyone managed to get blue gem? I have always too many cuts.
    I got blue gem with 25 cuts

thinks its random got a rare yesterday, common today

so who knows?
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip specifcially states better quality gems from fewer cuts, though there could be a threshold/chance (so like 30+ is always green, below 20 is always blue, 21-29 is chance are green or blue).

Hints for this 'quest':
    - don't spam-click the uncut gem as each click counts and reduces your chance to get a good gem (not sure if there's a fixed treshold)
    - try to use as few clicks as possible by clicking those chunks closest to the centre and that are connected with many other chunks in order to remove a lot of chunks with only one click for more efficiency
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Today with 19 cuts I got blue gem
    Last edited by Shauren; 2017-01-16 at 07:35 PM.

23 cuts got a rare

20 yesterday got me a rare.
    27 the few days before got me a common.

Deleted
    first time I took care of the number of actions i got lucky : saber eye !
    Try to do it carefully, this can be very rewarding for almost no investment at all.

quest spawns every 2 days or so

Once ive managed a rare and uncommon.

You can also accidentally click the base gem itself and that counts as a hit/cut so be very careful where u click lol

ive never had to do more than 22-23 cuts, and have always gotten a blue (quality) gem.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am really enjoying this new quest. The secret to always getting a rare gem is to center the rough sides and click right in the middle; that would take out a huge chunk of impurity.