Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Probably a daft question but I take it that the PPM is flat across all ilv iterations of the trinket so only the strength scales right?
    It is flat across the board with its ppm.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Keep in mind that Odyn's Fury isn't actually a 45s CD since it's reduced by Odyn's Champion; it actually lines up quite well with Convergence.
    But Odyn's Champion also reduces cd of BC. So, it will not affect the difference in cd between OF and BC and will not reduce their desync.

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Cyclonus-WOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    491
    Great Guide!
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mux View Post
    But Odyn's Champion also reduces cd of BC. So, it will not affect the difference in cd between OF and BC and will not reduce their desync.
    Yes, but in your previous post your ~30s average BC CD example includes Champion and Convergence, yet your 45s OF CD example did not take into account Champion procs. So, as I pointed out, your OF CD will actually be lower, with a rough average of ~40s.

    Anyway, it doesn't change much; as stated in the guide, you'll just use OF every other Battle Cry; despite the alarming response from players, it's a negligible issue.

  5. #25
    Good stuff man. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on Draught of Souls. Long live the good old overpowered trinkets.

    It's a bit of a bummer that Frothing Berserker is slightly better than Massacre. I enjoy playing the latter much more. I'm probably going to just eat the slight DPS loss in the name of my enjoyment unless the fight really requires it; and since Nighthold seems to be all about target switching and prioritization in many fights, I suspect we'll make good mileage out of Massacre.

  6. #26
    Has Frothing Berserker been tested to execute only at 100 rage or to stop juggernaut from falling of or spamming it 5-6 seconds before using BC with RA? cycling BT and RB in-between could keep higher uptime with frothing berserker and more uses of BT could help the enrage uptime as well outside BC. Maybe with 2 piece and helm FS could be used some times for rage and enrage too. Though I don't know how well this would work, but I feel like I need to do a rotation like this at low rage anyway to be able to execute and would just be missing out on Frothing Berserker damage.

  7. #27
    Hey a quick question - is it realistically possible to get 30% haste with 4pc equipped, if you have the Legendary Helm? I mean, it's kinda dumb thing to ask since it varies with your luck, but

  8. #28
    I have a Ring of Collapsing Futures(865) and a Melandrus (855 w/ socket). Both are currently simming way low especially compared to my 880 cyclopean w/ socket. Should I be subbing in the cyclopean?

  9. #29
    Where's the advanced technique section for legion? I've been using your old one from wod with great results.

  10. #30
    Thanks for the hard work. You play a character for a few hundred hour and hope your assumptions line up with the math, but its good to see. The only thing that I have felt in practical experience to line up a little differently is use of wrecking ball in things like nightbane runs to do as much damage as possible in a 6-10 second window for clearing out huge 20+ trash packs inside of stuns.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yes, but in your previous post your ~30s average BC CD example includes Champion and Convergence, yet your 45s OF CD example did not take into account Champion procs. So, as I pointed out, your OF CD will actually be lower, with a rough average of ~40s.
    Okay. Lets consider every OF cd = 40sec (including champ proc), and BC cd = 30sec (including champ proc + trinket).

    If we use OF every other BC, this "40s instead of 45s" doesn't change things at all !
    Explanation:
    In my previous example (with OF cd=45) we hold 2nd OF for 15sec (from 0:45 to the 1:00 timestamp).
    Now we have OF cd=40sec, okay. But it changes NOTHING. Because we still have to hold it to 1:00 timestamp. The only difference is that we hold it for 20sec instead of 15sec.

    The only variant we can use the Champion profit for OF - to hold (for ~10sec) EVERY BC for EVERY OF. But, in this variant, we don't take any profit of Convergence trinket. Because all of it's cd-reducing we wasting for waiting.

    -------------------------------------------
    So. In summary, how we must play?
    1. Sync BC+OF for EVERY BC (holding every BC for ~10sec)
    or
    2. Sync BC+OF for EVERY OTHER BC (holding every OF for ~20sec)
    or
    3. Another variant?

    If the right variant is "2", what is our rotation during BCs which are not sync with OF ?
    Last edited by mux; 2017-01-13 at 09:08 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mux View Post
    So. In summary, how we must play?
    1. Sync BC+OF for EVERY BC (holding every BC for ~10sec)
    or
    2. Sync BC+OF for EVERY OTHER BC (holding every OF for ~20sec)
    or
    3. Another variant?

    If the right variant is "2", what is our rotation during BCs which are not sync with OF ?
    I answered this in my response earlier: hold OF for BC. Cooldowns without OF present don't change... you just don't use Odyn's Fury. Fury only has 5 other attacks, it's not rocket surgery.

  13. #33
    Hi!

    What would be the pull/opener sequence with RA please?

    Before 7.1.5. I went:

    1. Avatar/BC/BT Macro
    2. Raging Blow
    3. Odyns Fury
    4. Rampage
    5. Raging Blow

    inside the BC window.

    After 7.1.5 i got 2 extra secs of BC now and nothing else than BT or FS to press (=wasted)

    Even when bloodlusting on pull i can't squeeze a 3rd RB in the BC window. What would be the alternative?

  14. #34
    Also if anyone knows - does Unrivaled Strength work with Reckless Abandon?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwinger View Post
    Also if anyone knows - does Unrivaled Strength work with Reckless Abandon?
    Yes.

    /10char

  16. #36
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,364
    Pre 7.1.5 weights: Strength=10.86, Ap=10.33, CritRating=12.62, HasteRating=15.78, MasteryRating=15.50, Versatility=13.36, Dps=24.22

    Post 7.1.5 weights: Strength=12.21, Ap=11.64, CritRating=11.69, HasteRating=14.83, MasteryRating=14.32, Versatility=12.86, Dps=26.58

    LUL

  17. #37
    The primary stat (strength) is not a priority then? I mean, for instance, do we have to put all haste gems? (I know that stat weights are dynamic, but, I speak in general situation Ilevel 880 + o -)

  18. #38
    Fantastic guide thank you.

  19. #39
    Thanks for your work, thats a really nice guide. It has pretty much anything. Only thing that its missing and I know this question probably triggers everyone are the legendary sims. For me personally it would be interesting to see the difference the helm / back could do, but even more interesting if its worth it to use my new execute ring since it has a ton of crit and crit is pretty bad (I think it's still worth it to use, but maybe not over my Magnum Opus for example) or if its so bad that it might even be better to use the legendary boots since they have good stats on them and jewellery still has a LOT of secondary stats on them.

    Whats your opinion on that Archimtiros ?

    And thanks again for all the stats / sims. I imagine something like the trinket sims had to be extremely much work.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Fub View Post
    Thanks for your work, thats a really nice guide. It has pretty much anything. Only thing that its missing and I know this question probably triggers everyone are the legendary sims. For me personally it would be interesting to see the difference the helm / back could do, but even more interesting if its worth it to use my new execute ring since it has a ton of crit and crit is pretty bad (I think it's still worth it to use, but maybe not over my Magnum Opus for example) or if its so bad that it might even be better to use the legendary boots since they have good stats on them and jewellery still has a LOT of secondary stats on them.

    Whats your opinion on that Archimtiros ?

    And thanks again for all the stats / sims. I imagine something like the trinket sims had to be extremely much work.
    The legendaries are listed, with notations on relative comparisons against one another.

    The problem with ranking everything directly, is that not everyone has the same base comparison. To give you an example:
    Simply adding the Hat to your profile and my profile will result in different results, because its replacing different items for each of us. If you have a really strong epic Cloak, and a really weak epic Ring, it's completely possible you'd see more gain out of using the Ring instead of the Cloak (or at least, they would be more competitive with one another).

    There are simply too many variables to consider, and everyone's situation will be slightly different. When I do my comparisons, I take care to average the epic gear that is being replaced, so as to not skew results; however, that isn't going to be realistic for everyone. Also consider that many players don't have access to every legendary, so it's largely a moot point. If you're one of the lucky few who does have access to a wide variety of powerful legendaries, you can easily sim it yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •