Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

7.1.5 Fury Guide & FAQ

Updated Draught of Souls and Convergence of Fates Section

Disclaimer: This isn't an introductory guide, if you aren't already familiar with the basics of Fury Warriors in Legion, I suggest you start with my guides on WoWhead and Icy-Veins. There you'll find more explanatory information on abilities, talents, artifact progression, gearing options, consumables, macros, and so on.

Disclaimer: There are a lot of barcharts with numbers linked below, don't get caught up in them. For the most part, the absolute numbers are irrelevant; what matters is the difference between one number and another.

FAQ

"Arms or Fury?"
    Look to be fairly even in Nighthold. Encounter mechanics will dictate overall performance, but Arms and Fury appear to be better balanced than previously in Legion.

"Dragon Roar or Reckless Abandon?"
    Reckless Abandon is significantly better than Dragon Roar under all circumstances including multi-target and AoE burst. The rest of this guide will be predicated on Reckless Abandon being used.
    Spoiler: 

"Massacre or Frothing Berserker?"
    Effectively even, with a range of 0.5%-3% between them in various encounter lengths. Frothing is probably the better all around choice, since it works well with multi-target and isn't restricted to the Execute phase, while Massacre is better for fights with multiple Execute phases or burn phases, since the DPS during the Execute time frame is notably higher with Massacre. If you can't decide between them, determine whether you want more damage from 100-20% or from 20-0%.
    Spoiler: 

*Nighthold = 4p, Draught, & Convergence

"Does Frothing Berserker chain?"
    No; you cannot simply sit at 100 rage, without ever using Rampage and keep Frothing Berserker up endlessly. It procs when you reach 100 rage, not from simply being at 100 rage, so you must spend rage and then hit 100 rage again to reapply the buff.

"Do I Execute with Frothing Berserker?"
    Execute as normal, benefitting from Frothing when you use Battle Cry with Reckless Abandon. Although this sacrifices Enrage and Frothing Berserker uptime during the Execute phase, the idea is to stack up Juggernaut and then use Battle Cry + BT to apply Enrage and Frothing to all the Juggernaut stacks accumulated, creating larger burst windows. See the rotation section below.

"What if I have Ayala's?"
    It favors Massacre over Frothing, creating a small (but overall trivial) gap between them.
    Spoiler: 

"What if I have the Angry Hat?"
    It leaves them on roughly equivalent terms.
    Spoiler: 

"What if I have the Cloak?"
    It doesn't favor either to a notable degree.

"What if I have every legendary, exactly 28.63784 Haste, I macro Fishbrul with Prolonged Power, keybind Bloodthirst to Z, and my cat coaches me during raids?"
    I'm not answering overly specific questions like this; visit simulationcraft.org and figure it out yourself.

"What about War Machine, Wrecking Ball, Bloodbath, Frenzy, Carnage, Bladestorm?"
    • War Machine is good for variety of fights in Nighthold and speed pulling Mythic+. In general, you want ~30%+ uptime for it to be better than Endless Rage.
    • Wrecking Ball is a lazy option for Mythic+ and generally outclassed by intelligent use of Avatar (even with the belt). The only time it's really worth using in raids is if you're constantly Whirlwinding (Heroic Skorpyon, Botanist, maybe Tichondrius).
    • The rest range from mediocre to poor choices.

"Critical thinking is a skill I never learned; what talents do I use?!"
    Pick one.
    Spoiler: 

"Is there a BiS list?"
    Spoiler: 

"What are the best legendaries?"
    Spoiler: 

890 ilvl BiS list (see above) with 4p tier and without any default legendaries

• Ceann-Ar, Kazzalax, and Stratagem use Tier legs to maintain the 4p bonus.
    • Ayala's is devalued slightly due to competing with 890 ilvl Melandrus and Collapsing Futures, which aren't impossible to get, but are certainly rare.
    • Sephuz's doesn't account for the proc, if it can be reliably procced it dramatically increases in value.
    • Naj'entus's and Kil'jaeden's are one target only. If used against multiple targets their values increase proportionately.

"What are the best trinkets?"
    Draught of Souls and Convergence of Fates.
    Spoiler: 

Single trinket - ilvl 900 with 4p

"What are the best Relic traits?"
    Battle Cry, Raging Blow, and Enrage
    Spoiler: 

"Does the tier set change the rotation at all?"
    Not really, only a slight variation in the order of abilities during cooldowns due to the longer duration of Enrage.

"When do I replace Jeweled Signet of Melandrus (auto-attack ring)"?
    You don't, unless the replacement is well itemized. The point at which a replacement ring will be better is flexible depending on your gear, but can reach as high as a 35 ilevel difference.
    Spoiler: 

"What about Ring of Collapsing Futures? Someone said it's an Arms ring."
    "Someone" is dumb. Collapsing Futures has great stats for Fury, and the proc lines up very well with Convergence. Unless you have a legendary, it's your best ring, on par with Melandrus. It should be used during Battle Cry and Enrage, whenever the Temptation debuff isn't up.
    Spoiler: 

Rotations Guide
    Note: > means "greater than", not "and then". This means it's a priority list, not a step-by-step sequence.
    Note: -> means "and then", not "greater than". This means it's a step-by-step sequence, not a priority list.

Massacre
    Spoiler: 

Normal rotation
    • Rampage (if not Enraged or at 100 rage) > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
      The previous rule of Bloodthirst if not Enraged, Raging Blow if Enraged, etc, becomes increasingly redundant due to damage buffs and rising Enrage uptimes.

Cooldown rotation
    • Rampage (if not enraged) > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash

If not already Enraged:
    • Ramp -> RB -> OF -> BT -> RB -> FS -> BT
      OF and BT can be swapped, which will allow the following FS and BT to swap, but there's no inherent gain for doing so as it can cause the DoT from Odyn's Fury to be pushed out of Battle Cry.

If already Enraged:
    • RB -> Ramp -> OF -> RB -> BT -> FS -> RB
      Allows 3 Raging Blows, but isn't worth setting up until you're consistently getting 7 GCDs inside Battle Cry, which requires 35-40% Haste.

Execute rotation
    • Execute > Rampage (if not Enraged) > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow
      Spam Execute, use Massacre procs to maintain Enrage, Bloodthirst and/or Raging Blow if you don't have enough rage to Execute.
      The Battle Cry rotation does not change.

Frothing Berserker
    Spoiler: 

Normal rotation
    • Rampage (100 rage) > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
      Essentially the same as the Massacre rotation, but hold Rampage until 100 rage to proc Frothing Berserker, regardless if you're already Enraged or not.

Cooldown rotation
    • Raging Blow (if Enraged) > Rampage (100 rage from RA) > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
      The same as Massacre except replacing the first (and only the first) Bloodthirst with Rampage.

If not already Enraged:
      OF and BT can be swapped, which will allow the following FS and BT to swap, but there's no inherent gain for doing so as it can cause the DoT from Odyn's Fury to be pushed out of Battle Cry.

If already Enraged:
    • RB -> Ramp -> OF -> RB -> BT -> FS -> RB
      Allows 3 Raging Blows, but isn't worth setting up until you're consistently getting 7 GCDs inside Battle Cry, which requires 35-40% Haste.

Execute rotation
    Best for short Execute phases, wherein the target is expected to die within a few GCDs, valuing the direct damage of Raging Blow over maintaining Enrage/Frothing Berserker.
    • Execute > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst

Juggling Frothing Berserker during Execute - Requires Tier 19
    Good for longer Execute phases (raid bosses), this rotation is good for maintaining Enrage and Frothing Berserker, though requires a keen sense of timing and buff tracking. Ideally, you want to go into the Execute phase at, or as close as possible to, 100 rage and then rotate:
    • Execute -> Furious Slash -> Bloodthirst
      The idea is to use Execute to drop rage below 100, use Furious Slash to buff Bloodthirst, and then Bloodthirst to generate rage and proc Enrage. Ideally, this will push you back up to 100 rage, however it isn't entirely reliable due to variations in the swing timer; sometimes you won't proc Enrage, sometimes you'll end up at 98 rage instead of 100, etc. Either way, you still continue the rotation by using Execute again, even if Enrage or Frothing are not active. Since Enrage and Frothing Berserker last long enough to cover two cycles, even if they don't proc every time, they should be up more often than not.

When Battle Cry has 10-15s remaining, abandon this rotation and simply spam Execute to drop rage, before using Battle Cry to generate more.

Execute Cooldown rotation
    • Battle Cry > Bloodthirst (if not enraged) > Execute
      Using Battle Cry will generate 100 rage and proc Frothing Berserker, Bloodthirst will proc Enrage if it's not already up, and then spam Execute. Use Bloodthirst to apply Enrage when the buff is down.
      Optional: If you have any stacks of Taste for Blood, use Bloodthirst before Battle Cry, to save having to use Bloodthirst on the first GCD of Battle Cry.

Multi-target
    Spoiler: 

Normal rotation rules apply, replacing GCDs with Whirlwind based on target count.

Two targets
    • Whirlwind before Rampage to cleave it.

Three targets
    • Whirlwind in place of Furious Slash, and in place of Raging Blow if you have Naj'entus's Vertebrae.

Four targets
    • Whirlwind in place of Furious Slash and Raging Blow.

Eight targets+
    • Whirlwind in place of Bloodthirst, Furious Slash, and Raging Blow; continue to use Rampage (only at 100 rage with Frothing Berserker).

The almighty Draught of Souls
    Use it during Battle Cry and while Enraged. It's now on the GCD so it will typically be used immediately following Rampage. Enrage will fall off by the end of Draught's effect, but there's no way to avoid that until you get the 4p tier bonus. The effect lasts three seconds, does not interrupt Rampage, and you cannot use abilities, but will continue to auto-attack during the effect, which is why Rampage is used first to spend rage rather than Bloodthirst.
    • Although it would seem like you should prioritize Odyn's Fury ahead of Raging Blow, this is actually incorrect. Due to Raging Blows cooldown, Odyn's Fury is best used between Raging Blows to replace a weaker Bloodthirst/Furious Slash, even if it means the DoT falls out of cooldowns.
    Spoiler: 

Opener with 4p
    • BC+Ramp -> Draught -> RB -> BT -> OF
      You need Lust or an unfeasible amount of Haste to fit OF.

Opener without 4p
    • BC+Ramp -> Draught -> BT -> RB -> OF
      The only difference here is that Enrage will not last long enough to cover Draught and the following Raging Blow, so Bloodthirst is used first. You need Lust or an unfeasible amount of Haste to fit OF.

Without Lust
    • You won't fit Odyn's Fury, and will instead save it till the next Battle Cry (with Convergence), or use it in place of an FS while Enraged (without Convergence) then go back to using it with Battle Cry. This sounds wrong, and ends up delaying overall OF use, but increases the overall number of Raging Blows and reduces the use of Furious Slash.

During Execute
    • BC+BT -> Execute -> Draught -> BT -> Execute
      Ensure Juggernaut stacks won't fall off during the 3s duration.

Using Convergence of Fates and Draught of Souls/Odyn's Fury
    Unless encounter mechanics require you to hold cooldowns, use Battle Cry on cooldown and hold other cooldowns to line up with it.

"Should I use Whirlwind instead of Furious Slash during Battle Cry?"
    No; it's inconsistent and the potential gain isn't worth the potential loss. If you could ensure that the Bloodthirst following the Whirlwind replacing your Furious Slash would happen before Battle Cry falls off (ensuring that Bloodthirst auto-crits), then it would be a gain; but if it doesn't, it's a loss due to missing out on the +30% chance to crit. At the same time Whirlwind doesn't deal all of its damage at once due to being split up into three "spins", so it's always possible for some of the damage to fall out of buffs. Overall, it's an extremely small optimization which requires forward thinking and split second timing; it just isn't worth it.

"I don't believe you/none of this looks right/there's no way this works on short encounters!"
    Spoiler: 
    Alright, I'd actually like to see the actual math behind that then. Because, just using an arbitrary high number, say, a 2 minute execute phase, then sure. It's going to hit like a mack truck at the end. But, 20 secs? 30 secs? A minute? There's some time in there where it wouldn't be higher. 10 Executes, none of them under enraged are not going to do more damage then the normal rotation. And because you aren't going to be enraged, your rage gen is going to be so low, you're not going to be executing as much as just going through your normal rotation not enraged. That's as of NOW. Yeah, w/ the 4 piece, and honestly in this scenario the 2p would be just as important to get BT to crit. The extra length of rage is helpful, and BT is going to crit more on its own. But I would love to see the timing breakpoints here.
    You forget two key factors which matter a great deal to this rotation.

• First, Rage generation isn't as much of a concern when you hit Battle Cry and instantly go to 100 rage. Keep in mind Convergences knocks Battle Cry down to a ~30s CD, which makes it easy to fit at least two into an Execute phase. In the shortest of fights, you don't even need Convergence, since you'll only get a single Battle Cry in anyway and it's likely to cover most of the phase. This is different from Massacre, wherein you need a consistent Enrage to maintain rage levels so you don't starve yourself either before going into Battle Cry or after coming out.

• Second, you forget about Juggernaut. The idea behind this rotation is to build up stacks, hit Reck to enable Frothing and Enrage, thereby boosting the damage of those stacks even further, and then start dumping rage again. Even outside of Battle Cry, the direct damage and 15% Execute damage boost from 3 Executes is greater than the direct damage of Rampage and Rampages bonus damage on your other abilities; for roughly the same rage cost. Unlike Colossus Smash, Enrage is only typically a 30-40% damage boost, and while this may sound better than the 15% damage bonus delineated above, those other abilities it's buffing are significantly weaker than Execute. That logic holds true even if you extend it to 100 Rage/4 Executes to take advantage of Frothing Berserker on top of Enrage.

Now that's out of the way, aside from the fact that it's a pretty unrealistic comparison; 10 un-Enraged Executes will absolutely do more damage than 10 un-Enraged, non-Execute, GCDs in the normal rotation; even before counting Juggernaut stacks. You vastly underestimate the direct damage disparity between Fury abilities if you don't believe this. To give you a visual example with minimal Juggernaut stacks in play:

Execute's average of course gets higher with more Juggernaut stacks, whereas the other abilities remain static; Odyn's Fury has a prohibitively long cooldown, and Raging Blow can only be used every 3rd GCD. While auto-attacks contribute a lot of damage over time, if you're only looking at the Execute phase, it's a significantly smaller percentage of damage. TLDR: Execute wins.

Here's another visual example of the impact of the Execute phase:

You don't even need numbers; you can immediately see the impact Execute has on performance. This was actually a 15 GCD Execute phase, rather than 10, but it used a total of 10 Executes over the course so I think it's close enough to your hypothetical to still be valid.

Lastly, I'm really not in the habit of "showing my work" to assuage other people's disbelief. That may sound haughty, but there are couple hundred thousand Warriors in the world, an average of ten thousand in Discord every day, a few thousand tweeting at me, and at least a couple thousand on these forums; this response alone has taken me over an hour, so you understand why I don't really feel compelled to indulge every naysayer. Ultimately, anyone who disagrees has access to all the tools I do, so if they don't believe me, they're quite welcome to go figure it out for themselves. That said, there has been repeated disbelief over this rotation; so I'll indulge:

Here's a series of 100s (1m40s) simulations
    "Frothing Execute" is my suggested rotation, seen above; the rest are self explanatory.
    "Now" is this week, with current gearing. Nighthold is with 4p, Draught, and Convergence.

The same simulations at 200s (3m20s)

And again at 300s (5m)

It's worth mentioning that the gap gets smaller in Nighthold, largely due to the 4p bonus and Convergence increasing Reck and Enrage uptime, but there's still a noticeable drop in exchange for what is actually a more difficult rotation, and the trend continues as fight lengths increase.

The only possible case you could make for not using Execute is in Mythic+, although that's a completely different dynamic given the frequency of combat, propensity for adds, and frankly I'm not really interested in min/maxing what is largely trivial content. In raids, 100s is about the shortest encounter you're ever likely to face, and that'll only happen on total farm content that we aren't likely to see in Nighthold for awhile. Even the shortest progression fights (Guarm) are at least 300s; so I'd call all this fairly conclusive.

Legendary Use

Ceann-Ar Charger
    Does not mechanically change the rotation. Higher rage generation will mean a little higher Rampage use, Execute use, and Enrage uptime across the board.

Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury
    The only impact it has on the rotation is maintaining the buff during Execute, by using Bloodthirst a minimum of once every 10 seconds.

Ayala's Stone Heart
    Use its proc roughly on cooldown, though it can be delayed slightly for more important events such as Battle Cry or Frothing Berserker.

Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish
    Use it during Battle Cry, preferably against multiple targets. Although it is not affected by Avatar or Enrage and already automatically crits, it is affected by the artifact trait Unrivaled Strength (which is actually a bug, though not one that can be fixed at the moment). It starts out strong due to ilvl, but is competitively weaker than either of Fury's top two trinkets from Nighthold.

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opis
    Is the best non-DPS legendary due to its shield benefitting from Fury's extra large health pool.

Stats
    Note: Preliminary findings are preliminary, and subject to change.

All stat information compiled using 4p tier, Draught, & Convergence. Frothing/Massacre do not notably impact results.

Stat weights
    Haste > Mastery > Versatility > Strength > Critical Strike
    The only stat to really avoid is Critical Strike.

Plot
    Ait should be noted that Haste, Mastery, and Versatility remain very close together and that Haste plateaus around 31%. Given the realities of Nighthold tier and legendary gearing, it's difficult to actually get this much Haste. Still, I suggest favoring Haste when possible to minimize delays due to the volatile relationship with the GCD, latency, player reaction, and timing.

Pawn
    Use at your own risk; your gear and resulting stat weights don't necessarily match mine, and no I will not help you get new strings.

Note: WIP as always; updates and beautification are an ongoing process.

Great stuff as always!

Deleted
    Great work!
    Many, many thanks. Will help me a lot.
    I like your clear announcements and short brief
    Last edited by mmoc67e4dfdd7e; 2017-01-12 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the great summary! It is very well appreciated as always!

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide.
    Few things that come to my mind:
    1. How does stat weight look with AS ring and Massacre talent. I assume crit gains some since proc crit = free rampage.
    2. What you think about Rampage Trait for M+ trash raping ??

What can i say always liked crit builds more than haste since I'm not as fast as i used to be haste is not as good with my crappy reaction times
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2017-01-12 at 11:31 AM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    thank you Archimitros. past few days was browsing different forums for information and here you put basically all what i needed in one place. cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Ok one question. How does stat weight look with AS ring and Massacre talent. I assume crit gains some since proc crit = free rampage.
    would advice just to use simulationcraft. it depends what are your stats from gear as well.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the summary and all the simcrafting.

But i have one question:
    Cooldown rotation
    Bloodthirst (if not enraged) > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
    Rampage can be used in place of the first Bloodthirst when under Haste increasing effects.

BT -> RB -> OF -> BT -> RB

Why BT first and Rampage "under Haste increasing effects".
    You want to play always with Reckless Abandon which gives you 100 Rage. The priority list says Rampage if not enraged or at 100 Rage. So why do you suggest the old 7.1 BC-window rotation with BT as the first ability?
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing my warrior for Legion and this guide is all I needed. Excellect.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    The priority list says Rampage if not enraged or at 100 Rage. So why do you suggest the old 7.1 BC-window rotation with BT as the first ability?
    Because I finished this at 1am and my brain was fried. It's fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Great guide.
    Few things that come to my mind:
    1. How does stat weight look with AS ring and Massacre talent. I assume crit gains some since proc crit = free rampage.
    2. What you think about Rampage Trait for M+ trash raping ??

What can i say always liked crit builds more than haste since I'm not as fast as i used to be haste is not as good with my crappy reaction times
    None of that changes the stat weights appreciably, which is why it says that the difference between Frothing/Massacre doesn't impact results. Crit really isn't any better with Massacre.

Carnage is "ok" for pure cleave in M+, but overall Frothing Berserker is better. Lots of charging means you'll be able to rage cap often, and it's better for burst.

You're the best. Thanks Archim

A little question about the Convergence of Fates.
    According to comments on Wowhead, this trinket have a 5.16ppm for Fury.
    Actually, we can use BattleCry/Odyn'sFury every ~40s, in a good situation.
    With this trinket, we could use BattleCry every ~25s so we'll not be able to line up BC with OF.
    In this situation, is it worth it to use OF everytime or do we have to delay OF slightly to line up every 3xBC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Massacre
    Cooldown rotation
    • Rampage (if not enraged) > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash

If not already Enraged:
    Switching OF and BT has nice benefit - it will increase enrage uptime jut by a slight margin, since your last skill will be BT. Although by the end of the burst window you will most likely be very close to another rampage.

Plot
    As above Haste, Mastery, and Versatility are all incredibly close together. Given the choice, I suggest favoring Haste since it has a volatile relationship with latency, player reaction, and timing.
    Didn't you meant to advise AGAINST Haste, since it's affected by latency? If all the stats are on equal footing, than the Haste would be the worst stat to favor, since it reinforces human error the most.

Deleted
    Awesome guide! Although I'm pretty sure you will get slightly higher DPS when you use BT on cooldown (when at or below 90 rage) in the execute rotation with Frothing Berserker but that might just be only with my gear.
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2017-01-12 at 01:22 PM.

What are the best trinkets?
    Draught of Souls and Convergence of Fates.
    Hi Archimtiros ! Explain please, how to play the Convergence of Fates.

Without this trinket BC synchronized with OF, and it is very easy to use each OF during each BC.
    With trinket, BC-timer will shift.
    How we must play?
    - we use BC on cd, without any synchronization with OF?
    - or we delay BC each time for OF? If so, then what is the profit of trinket ?
    - or trinket procs so frequrently that we can use BC twice in 45 sec ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blodorag View Post
    You're the best. Thanks Archim

A little question about the Convergence of Fates.
    According to comments on Wowhead, this trinket have a 5.16ppm for Fury.
    Actually, we can use BattleCry/Odyn'sFury every ~40s, in a good situation.
    With this trinket, we could use BattleCry every ~25s so we'll not be able to line up BC with OF.
    In this situation, is it worth it to use OF everytime or do we have to delay OF slightly to line up every 3xBC ?
    I'm curious as how you get 25s? Helyas Wrath reduces the base cool down of BC from 60 seconds to 50 seconds, and to my understanding Convergence of Fates has a maximum proc per minute of 3.
    That brings BC to 35s while OF remains at 45s.
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you would just hold BC until OF is off cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh71787 View Post
    I'm curious as how you get 25s? Helyas Wrath reduces the base cool down of BC from 60 seconds to 50 seconds, and to my understanding Convergence of Fates has a maximum proc per minute of 3.
    That brings BC to 35s while OF remains at 45s.
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you would just hold BC until OF is off cool down.
    Convergence of Fate have a 5.16 proc per minute (according to Wowhead comments)
    Odyn's Champion (first golden trait) can lower your BattleCry cd by ~10s on a good executed fight.
    With a 40s BC you can have ~3 CoF proc, so 5x3=15s minus.
    So we have a ~25/30s cd on BC with this trinket

Technically, I think we can nearly line up OF every 3 BC. But I'm not an expert and I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Blodorag; 2017-01-12 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh71787 View Post
    it seems to me that you would just hold BC until OF is off cool down.
    Hmm... well... if so, what's the profit of the trinket? BC and OF syncronized even without it.

I think we can sync every 2nd BC with OF.
    Example:
    00:00 - pull, BC+OF
    00:30 (+/- 5sec) - BC off cd, we push it
    00:45 - OF off cd, we hold it
    01:00 (+/- 5sec) - BC off cd, we push both BC+OF
    and so on

Archi, what do you think about it ?
    Last edited by mux; 2017-01-12 at 02:54 PM.

Great guide man. Thanks!!

Deleted
    First of all: great work!

One little question I got, since I will need to keep Massacre until I get the Gul'dan trinket because I only got leg ring.
    You stated:
    Massacre
    Execute rotation
    • Execute > Rampage (if not Enraged) > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow
      Spam Execute, use Massacre procs to maintain Enrage, Bloodthirst and/or Raging Blow if you don't have enough rage to Execute.
      The Battle Cry rotation does not change.
    I always used Bloodthirst during BC to stay enraged, previously obviously to keep getting 5 gcds into one BC. Do I switch to Rampage now since with 7secs I will this or that way only fit 6 gcds into one BC? If this is the case, do I even Rampage in case it wont be free?
    Last edited by mmocdca3aae4c1; 2017-01-13 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Switching OF and BT has nice benefit - it will increase enrage uptime jut by a slight margin, since your last skill will be BT. Although by the end of the burst window you will most likely be very close to another rampage.
    Enrage uptime is a complete non-concern once you get 4p. It's in the 90-96% range depending on your other gear and encounter length.

Didn't you meant to advise AGAINST Haste, since it's affected by latency? If all the stats are on equal footing, than the Haste would be the worst stat to favor, since it reinforces human error the most.
    No, you have it close, but backwards. You want more Haste because it makes up for human error, slight variations in latency, and splitsecond lapses in timing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mux View Post
    Hmm... well... if so, what's the profit of the trinket? BC and OF syncronized even without it.

I think we can sync every 2nd BC with OF.
    Example:
    00:00 - pull, BC+OF
    00:30 (+/- 5sec) - BC off cd, we push it
    00:45 - OF off cd, we hold it
    01:00 (+/- 5sec) - BC off cd, we push both BC+OF
    and so on

Archi, what do you think about it ?
    More or less this, but it isn't that clean. Keep in mind that Odyn's Fury isn't actually a 45s CD since it's reduced by Odyn's Champion; it actually lines up quite well with Convergence.

Probably a daft question but I take it that the PPM is flat across all ilv iterations of the trinket so only the strength scales right?