Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was running EN tonight and was playing around with a different strat during execute phase with the FB talent and was wanting some opinions. Instead of spamming executes and weaving in BT and RB when low on rage, I tried starting execute phase with full rage bar and weaving executes in with normal rotation. By doing this I was able to keep my rage high and juggernaut stacks growing and FB up most the time with the occasional enrage from BT here and there.

Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by ConvertibleBert View Post
    I was running EN tonight and was playing around with a different strat during execute phase with the FB talent and was wanting some opinions. Instead of spamming executes and weaving in BT and RB when low on rage, I tried starting execute phase with full rage bar and weaving executes in with normal rotation. By doing this I was able to keep my rage high and juggernaut stacks growing and FB up most the time with the occasional enrage from BT here and there.

Thoughts??
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...RA-vs-DR/page3

Quote Originally Posted by ConvertibleBert View Post

Thoughts??
    If you pull off the Execute phase correctly, which I grant can be difficult with short-farm fights, you don't want to keep your rage high. You want to blow all of it to get as many Executes in as possible so that you get as much back as possible when you use Battle Cry, for another big burst phase.

Going into Execute with 100 rage and maintaining it there, doing a Rage Cap -> Execute -> Rage Cap rotation could be effective for short Execute phases, but in the long run would gimp your total Juggernaut stacks due to using BT and RB more than strictly necessary.

So nighthold 4 piece best slots without lego helm are helm legs shoulders and cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    So nighthold 4 piece best slots without lego helm are helm legs shoulders and cloak?
    I think the cloak leg will scale harder than the ring with 4p so i think you should be going for gloves/chest/shoulders/legs

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I think the cloak leg will scale harder than the ring with 4p so i think you should be going for gloves/chest/shoulders/legs
    The Cloak is better than the Ring, but that's not really what he was asking. Your preference for tier is completely dictated by what legendaries you have and other gear you've access to.

The goal is to minimize Crit on you gear and to do that the best pieces are Helm, Shoulder, Cloak, Hands in roughly that order. Hoodzilla asked without legendary helm, so he'd definitely want the tier hat because of it's much better stats, which would also allow him to use the Haste/Mastery Legs over Crit/Haste tier Legs. If he then got either the Legendary Helm or Cloak, he'd trade that tier piece for the tier Legs.

Point being, plan for what you have, not what you might get; because going for the weaker tier pieces from the get go isn't going to do you any favors unless you actually get your hands on the Helm/Cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The Cloak is better than the Ring, but that's not really what he was asking. Your preference for tier is completely dictated by what legendaries you have and other gear you've access to.

The goal is to minimize Crit on you gear and to do that the best pieces are Helm, Shoulder, Cloak, Hands in roughly that order. Hoodzilla asked without legendary helm, so he'd definitely want the tier hat because of it's much better stats, which would also allow him to use the Haste/Mastery Legs over Crit/Haste tier Legs. If he then got either the Legendary Helm or Cloak, he'd trade that tier piece for the tier Legs.

Point being, plan for what you have, not what you might get; because going for the weaker tier pieces from the get go isn't going to do you any favors unless you actually get your hands on the Helm/Cloak.

Oh i agree, i'm just lucky enough to be at the point where i have the ring, the cloak and the helm. I assumed that you had the luxury of choice in my comment.

All the cooldown rotations imply 4pc, based on how many globals you're putting in the setup. Should I still be following the same step-by-step even w/o 4pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Oh i agree, i'm just lucky enough to be at the point where i have the ring, the cloak and the helm. I assumed that you had the luxury of choice in my comment.
    Yes, but my clarification was because the person you responded to specifically stated they didn't have that luxury, which made it confusing and less than helpful. In your case, you would be correct in using the legendary Helm/Cloak along with the four remaining pieces of the tier set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    All the cooldown rotations imply 4pc, based on how many globals you're putting in the setup. Should I still be following the same step-by-step even w/o 4pc?
    No they don't; the 4p has no bearing on length of cooldowns, that comes from the talent Reckless Abandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yes, but my clarification was because the person you responded to specifically stated they didn't have that luxury, which made it confusing and less than helpful. In your case, you would be correct in using the legendary Helm/Cloak along with the four remaining pieces of the tier set.

- - - Updated - - -

No they don't; the 4p has no bearing on length of cooldowns, that comes from the talent Reckless Abandon.
    Oh yea I'm thinking of arms 4pc

Question on the BC opener. Is it better to still follow the optimized opener even if you can't fit in the last BT? Or is it better to do Rampage -> RB -> BT -> OF -> RB -> BT which ensures all of it to be inside Battlecry with the exception of 1 or 2 ticks of OF? I don't have enough haste to fit in that last BT right after FS, so I'm not if that's still the way to go or not.

Deleted
    Is there any way to disable the spell flash of wow for rampage?
    I can disable the spell alert in the HUD, but not on the button.

As a ten year warrior vet who mained and has capped all 3 specs in Legion, i have found both the dps specs laughable. Fury as fast as it swings is possibly the slowest and boringest build i've played in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    As a ten year warrior vet who mained and has capped all 3 specs in Legion, i have found both the dps specs laughable. Fury as fast as it swings is possibly the slowest and boringest build i've played in WoW.
    That's helpful, thanks.

Deleted
    Thanks for this, it clears up some things. One question if i may. Do you think Ayala's is still worth its spot with FB unless you have no other dps legendary? I know you have mentioned helm>cloak>ring i am just questioning it along with FB. With ring and helm, sims aside, FB even with its lower enrage uptime seems to give much better results on live than massacre. The low ppl atm of the ring with the potential "wait" time of getting enraged first to use it (fb) just kills it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Thanks for this, it clears up some things. One question if i may. Do you think Ayala's is still worth its spot with FB unless you have no other dps legendary? I know you have mentioned helm>cloak>ring i am just questioning it along with FB. With ring and helm, sims aside, FB even with its lower enrage uptime seems to give much better results on live than massacre. The low ppl atm of the ring with the potential "wait" time of getting enraged first to use it (fb) just kills it for me.
    That's answered in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    Is there any way to disable the spell flash of wow for rampage?
    I can disable the spell alert in the HUD, but not on the button.
    ActionBarActionEventsFrame:UnregisterEvent("SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW")

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    ActionBarActionEventsFrame:UnregisterEvent("SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW")
    Thanks!
    Should I type this in the chat or anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    Thanks!
    Should I type this in the chat or anywhere else?
    Dude just go to Interface>combat>Reduce the bar to "off"

Awesome guide appreciated! I'm fairly new to warrior, my mains havoc dh and finding something equally fun and rewarding is proving a nightmare. Having a blast levelling my warrior as fury but have no idea really how they perform at 110. Outside of mythic raiding, how does fury perform? Lfr/norm/hc/m+. That's where I'll spend 99% of my time. Is it safe to say I'm safe?

Also, How amazing is CoF going to be?

- - - Updated - - -

I have my frost dk and ret paladin which is why I'm qeurtying this. Trying to find my ideal plate dps spec.. proving harder than it looks