Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbylobo View Post
    Dude just go to Interface>combat>Reduce the bar to "off"
    Dude, this is only for the HUD in the middle of the screen, not the glowing rampage button.

Deleted
    Prydaz is the best non-DPS legendary due to its shield benefitting from Fury's large health pool.
    The fact that it has a shit ton amount of stats on it makes it kinda dps legendary too. Any idea how much of an increase it is? I dont think it comes close to helm or cloak though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    Thanks!
    Should I type this in the chat or anywhere else?
    You can type this in chat using /run:

/run ActionBarActionEventsFrame:UnregisterEvent("SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW")

Probably better with macro, because you need to do it every time you enter the world. Or you can create your own addon and add this line there, so it could be run automatically. May be there are existing addons to help with that.

Today i got might of krosus trinket. Was wondering how should i use it always during battlecry or whenever its rdy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post

/run ActionBarActionEventsFrame:UnregisterEvent("SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW")

Probably better with macro, because you need to do it every time you enter the world. Or you can create your own addon and add this line there, so it could be run automatically. May be there are existing addons to help with that.
    Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Execute rotation
    Execute > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow
    In other words, you're going to use the exact same Execute rotation as Massacre to build up Juggernaut stacks, using Bloodthirst and/or Raging Blow whenever you don't have enough rage to Execute.
    Is it right, that I don´t use any Rampage during the Execute?
    Only spam Exe as often as possible and BS to get rage / to get enraged?

Hi,

Thanks for doing this. Couple of questions.

1. I have switched to FB/RA and i really enjoy the rotation. Regarding the execute phase. I understand standard execute rotation is optimal with 4p and trinks, but for some of us who haven't attained all those is it beneficial to ignore execute? For fights such as Star Auger - having to switch to the add in P4 i'm finding the stacking of juggernaut pointless; especially if i don't get my BC in there.

2. Cleave rotationhigh Botanist) I followed the WOWhead guide of having the meatcleaver up for every BT/RAMP/RB. I was getting outclassed by the fury warrior who was just replacing his FS with WW. In fact, i was at the nearing the bottom of the list where i'm usually in the top 5 single target. I'm finding my AOE outside of cooldowns is pretty lackluster, i think it's my rotation.

3. i've replace my 910 ring with 940 cloak as i've moved to FB/RA.

Thanks

Thank you for this guide. It helped me a lot. I would be happy if you could add a multi-target rotation.

Specifically:
    When does it become a dps loss to use
    -furious slash?
    -raging blow?
    -execute?

What is the best way to use Battle Cry for 2-4 targets and 4+ targets?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post

This didn't work for me, maybe because I'm running ELVUI?

Deleted
    Hi there,

how would an optimal AoE rotation look like? Just replace FS with WW? Last nights run wasn't that successfull dps wise.....

Got an il900 Krosus trinket, is the most efficient way to handle it really to only use it if you're enraged and have battle cry up (for single target, at least)? I mean, if Odyn's Champion procs you're gonna be sitting on it for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Got an il900 Krosus trinket, is the most efficient way to handle it really to only use it if you're enraged and have battle cry up (for single target, at least)? I mean, if Odyn's Champion procs you're gonna be sitting on it for a while...
    Your aims is to get Convergence of Fate ASAP, so you could use the trinket more frequently.

Deleted
    I have been playing arms for a while now but i am considering going for fury now. just wondering if the 30% haste breakpoint is still a thing as archi didnt explicitly mention it in his stat section while icy veins still lists it as top priority.

Guys what happened to the faulty countermeasure trinket for fury? After playing non stop since launch I finally got a 870 trinket from a +10 VoW. I looked at Archi's trinket sims and now it's way down the chart even below some trinkets that used be meh. Has anything changed with it to make it worse for fury? I know which trinkets are BIS but with my bad luck with loot and legendaries so far I need a good temporary alternative. Are any of you still using faulty CM?
    Last edited by Gannakis; 2017-01-20 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by groceryguy View Post
    I have been playing arms for a while now but i am considering going for fury now. just wondering if the 30% haste breakpoint is still a thing as archi didnt explicitly mention it in his stat section while icy veins still lists it as top priority.
    Haste has dropped slightly under Master for Fury now. You should aim to have at least 20%+ Haste, which allows 6 GCD in BC window easily. Beside that, any item with higher ilvl and Mastery/Vers/Haste would be a benefit for you.

Unless you are able to reach hight haste breakpoint, which would be ~35%, you should not bother so much with Haste. It's still a DPS gain, but not as big as it was in the past.

Icy-Veins is notorious of having an outdated guides. They are okish as a starter, but nothing besides that.

Does the trinket list accounts for the changes to Spontaneous Appendages (proc rate much lower when the patch did hit) ?

Deleted
    Do i understand this right about the Melandrus and Collapsing ring.. If i have a 855 Melandrus with socket and a 880 Collapsing is the Collapsing better? (with the Collapsing i get 45%mastery/31%haste/17% crit, with Melandrus 39% Mastery/33%Haste19% crit, i dont understand wich to use to be real honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Haste has dropped slightly under Master for Fury now. You should aim to have at least 20%+ Haste, which allows 6 GCD in BC window easily. Beside that, any item with higher ilvl and Mastery/Vers/Haste would be a benefit for you.

Unless you are able to reach hight haste breakpoint, which would be ~35%, you should not bother so much with Haste. It's still a DPS gain, but not as big as it was in the past.

Icy-Veins is notorious of having an outdated guides. They are okish as a starter, but nothing besides that.
    None of this is really true, and the IV guide isn't outdated, nor has it been throughout this expansion.

Haste drops under Mastery once you have enough haste, just as it did pre-7.1.5. In Nighthold, that point is roughly 30% (there are a lot of factors which can affect this, such as trinkets, gear, tier, etc, and I'm not going to list them all as that would be excessive).

Following that, assuming a competitive-content ilvl (~870-900), Mastery, Haste and Versatility are all roughly equal with a very slight advantage to Mastery. Haste does have another breakpoint at ~36%, but Mastery remains strong with the target 4p and trinket.

I haven't gone that far out yet, but I imagine that with full NH gear and around 38% Haste, Haste may starts overtaking Mastery again; though for burst AoE (and there's a lot of it in NH) Mastery is always better. It's also important to keep in mind that Haste becomes something of a precious commodity with full Nighthold gear and tier - you'll be struggling to keep even 30% Haste; so while there may be a higher breakpoint, it's not really important if you're unable to reach it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthannoln View Post
    Does the trinket list accounts for the changes to Spontaneous Appendages (proc rate much lower when the patch did hit) ?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by misstah View Post
    Do i understand this right about the Melandrus and Collapsing ring.. If i have a 855 Melandrus with socket and a 880 Collapsing is the Collapsing better? (with the Collapsing i get 45%mastery/31%haste/17% crit, with Melandrus 39% Mastery/33%Haste19% crit, i dont understand wich to use to be real honest.
    That's a tough call; ideally you'd use both. I'm guesstimating, but they're probably pretty close with a slight edge to Collapsing if you're using it correctly and on cooldown; if you're not, the AA ring will do better for you overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    That's why it's not a very good trinket (also physical damage) for single target. Yes, you want to use it during CDs, basically the same time at which you would use Odyn's Fury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molondo View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for doing this. Couple of questions.

1. I have switched to FB/RA and i really enjoy the rotation. Regarding the execute phase. I understand standard execute rotation is optimal with 4p and trinks, but for some of us who haven't attained all those is it beneficial to ignore execute? For fights such as Star Auger - having to switch to the add in P4 i'm finding the stacking of juggernaut pointless; especially if i don't get my BC in there.

2. Cleave rotationhigh Botanist) I followed the WOWhead guide of having the meatcleaver up for every BT/RAMP/RB. I was getting outclassed by the fury warrior who was just replacing his FS with WW. In fact, i was at the nearing the bottom of the list where i'm usually in the top 5 single target. I'm finding my AOE outside of cooldowns is pretty lackluster, i think it's my rotation.

3. i've replace my 910 ring with 940 cloak as i've moved to FB/RA.

Thanks
    1. Obviously if you're purposefully dropping Juggernaut stacks, your Execute rotation isn't going to be very effective; can't really help you there.

2. AoE rotation =! Cleave rotation. Fury's 2-3 target cleave is pretty downright terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post

People are notorious for making this bullshit claim. The changelog is easily viewable so go ahead and see for yourself. IV is updated very frequently and quickly these days, sometimes within the hour of new information dropping. There are a lot of very good players keeping on top of it constantly now. Obviously you should take any guide with your own pinch of intuition and logic, but IV is designed in a way these days to weed out most of the bullshit you need discord and beyond for. The information present is known, correct, and up to date.
    Last edited by skitz0129; 2017-01-20 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

That's a tough call; ideally you'd use both. I'm guesstimating, but they're probably pretty close with a slight edge to Collapsing if you're using it correctly and on cooldown; if you're not, the AA ring will do better for you overall.
    Thanks alot for the fast answer mate! I know how to use it all Much love and respect for everything you do! Really appreciate it your work!