Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    thank you so much! really useful!

Recently i got tier legs from guldan, now i can have 4pc and my legendary cape back.
    I have a question, do burst damage benefit from Fujieda's Fury buff?
    Would it be any benefit to try to get several stacks before DPS burst?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerzug View Post
    Recently i got tier legs from guldan, now i can have 4pc and my legendary cape back.
    I have a question, do burst damage benefit from Fujieda's Fury buff?
    Would it be any benefit to try to get several stacks before DPS burst?
    It's a flat damage buff, it scales with anything that scales damage buffs rofl. And it's been said already, no, it's not worth getting x amount of stacks before you blow CDs, just play normally.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

I have 875 Chains of the Valorous trinket which gives 1634 strength and 1075 haste. Can you tell me how good it is compared to trinkets listed on the first page? Approximately where it would be on that list?

Well, that's a str/haste stat stick, so if you round all trinkets down to 875 then it'll stay in the order as shown.. its value to you kinda depends on what other trinkets you have access to.

Also, if you're following Archi's guide, you should probably be aware of simcraft and be simming yoself!

Hey, is the 4 piece not worth getting anymore? I heard some other warriors talking about it so I was a little unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbylobo View Post
    Hey, is the 4 piece not worth getting anymore? I heard some other warriors talking about it so I was a little unsure.
    it is very much worth it even if you get complete trash stats on the items themselves (especially if you are running leggy cloak/helm)

I got the legendary cloak. On fight start is it worth using BT first then doing the opening combo for the extra 1% damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Murloch View Post
    I got the legendary cloak. On fight start is it worth using BT first then doing the opening combo for the extra 1% damage?
    Not that i am aware of.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go about your regular rotation with the cloak, no need to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Is there any real negative though? Charge->BT->BC/AV etc

I mean it's super insignificant so it doesn't really matter, I just started doing that bc sometimes the hero is a tad delayed

Quote Originally Posted by tubbylobo View Post
    It's always worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murloch View Post
    Is there any real negative though? Charge->BT->BC/AV etc

I mean it's super insignificant so it doesn't really matter, I just started doing that bc sometimes the hero is a tad delayed
    You certainly can, it's so marginal as to not make much of a difference.

Hello Archimtiros,

First question ever in the forums, I have a 855 Melandrus ring, a 875 Collapsing ring and also the Ayala's (legendary ring), I wanna to know which rings to use. Now I also have the Legendary Helm, boots, and wrist. Thank you for your time.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wear the helmet and the ring and if you want it easy (and not manage another thing) wear also Melandrus. Otherwise sim your char and see if Melandrus or Collapsing is better. Might still end up with Melandrus.

Question about SimC: Whats up with this tool in the last days? I got huge differences with the same gear (wanted to check if some items i got are upgrades); about 60-80k difference and on wowprogress there are also different numbers.
    Is it really reliable (yes, i have the nightly builds)?
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

When is the optimal time for the second old war pot? I know there are situational considerations and a single answer isn't true for all fights, but in general...

I have typically been saving it for execute phase, getting my jugg stacks up to ~20 or so and then popping my pot and then going into BC > BT > Execute

Is this best practice? Or is it better to just use it the second time your BC/Avatar/Draught lines up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    When is the optimal time for the second old war pot? I know there are situational considerations and a single answer isn't true for all fights, but in general...

I have typically been saving it for execute phase, getting my jugg stacks up to ~20 or so and then popping my pot and then going into BC > BT > Execute

Is this best practice? Or is it better to just use it the second time your BC/Avatar/Draught lines up?

if you dont lust at start you should use it on lust with avatar and abc etc if you lust at start you can just use it on your second avatar bc draught

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    Simple question: I am 886 Ilevel right now with a 902 weapon. When looking at logs of other warriors online I mention that their "highest crit" for Raging Blow is around 1.1M . I on the other hand sit around with a highest crit of around 760k . Most of these are around my Ilevel but have a 910 - 920 weapon. Is that difference so huge that it warrants these differences in numbers? As Relics, I right now have +5% Crit Damage, +3% Rampage and +3% Execute Crit Chance, so yeah I know that quite some damage is lost on the 2 non RB increasing relics, but god damn that a whooping 25% less damage I deal with my best ability. Whats up with that?
    Simple answer: Relics are very important for fury because of the +weapon damage they give you. I am ilvl 890 with no top3 legendaries BUT i got 2 900 and 1 880 relics, giving me quite some +90% parses. Since RB is you main damage ability of course you want at least one RB relic, apart from that i would go for ilvl > all when it comes to relics.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Wear the helmet and the ring and if you want it easy (and not manage another thing) wear also Melandrus. Otherwise sim your char and see if Melandrus or Collapsing is better. Might still end up with Melandrus.
    I checked it and shows the 875 Collapsing ahead of the 855 Melandrus by 2000 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Simple answer: Relics are very important for fury because of the +weapon damage they give you. I am ilvl 890 with no top3 legendaries BUT i got 2 900 and 1 880 relics, giving me quite some +90% parses. Since RB is you main damage ability of course you want at least one RB relic, apart from that i would go for ilvl > all when it comes to relics.
    That is just wrong... Ilvl does not trump good traits for relics. Just look at the list on the OP and you can see the sims between the relics. There are 3 relics that are better than +2 ilvl on the weapon (generally 10 ilvls on the relic) and the RB relic isn't even the best relic. You want to get 3 BC relics even if you lose a couple of ilvls on your weapon. Getting 3 BC relics is a lot more important than getting "at least one RB relic" or "go for ilvl >all".

Thankfully Nighthold drops BC relics for all 3 slots making it relatively easy to get 3 good relics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Few View Post
    Hello Archimtiros,

First question ever in the forums, I have a 855 Melandrus ring, a 875 Collapsing ring and also the Ayala's (legendary ring), I wanna to know which rings to use. Now I also have the Legendary Helm, boots, and wrist. Thank you for your time.
    Probably Ayala's and CF, though depending on the ilvl of you epic boots/bracers, you could consider using one of them as well (with the Helm). Ayala's is a stronger DPS legendary, but if your (eg) epic boots are much worse comparatively to your epic rings, it could sway things in their favor.

I'd also recommend using the boots for any open world content, along with War Machine - the synergy is incredible for world quests, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

Question about SimC: Whats up with this tool in the last days? I got huge differences with the same gear (wanted to check if some items i got are upgrades); about 60-80k difference and on wowprogress there are also different numbers.
    Is it really reliable (yes, i have the nightly builds)?
    WoWProgress SimDPS isn't reliable at all.

"Nightly" builds are working versions - subject to change at any time for better or worse; sometimes it'll be due to a bug fix, a bug being introduced, or simply a change in the APL (intentional or otherwise). Only way to say is if you compare the results from both versions and look at what's changed. That said, in your case, if you're using Draught, you probably upgraded from a version of SimC that had Draught off GCD to one that has it on the GCD.

I can't stress this enough - while I understand and agree that it's annoying that the public release version of SimC isn't maintained as well as it should be, the working versions are not for general users. There will be changes, often unexplained, and you're not going to understand them unless you take the time to troubleshoot, analyze, and compare the results to see what exactly has changed.

I'm not saying you (or anyone else) shouldn't use them, but don't expect many easy answers to questions like "why did this happen?". SimC is maintained by many different people, and it's not always easy when or what exactly has changed.