3/7m 3/3hc what boss to progress on next?

As title says we are 3/7m (Nyth, Ursoc, Elerethe) 3/3hc and plan on using our last night before NH to try out a new boss. After all nerfs and with all the gear upgrades, what would be the next boss?

Of the three options, I see the following problems:
    I read Odyn M would still be harder than EN M bosses? So probably not the optimal choice
    For Dragons 5 healers are recommended and we only have 3-4, so if 5 are still recommended for first kills, that disqualifies...
    Ilgynoth seems to be the logical choice, though the encounter is known to be one of the most difficult in EN M

Anyone who did similar progressions lately that can give a recommendation (with reasoning would be awesome)?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor Mythic is prolly twice as hard as EN. Clear 7/7 M (possibly multiple farm clears for gear) before even considering going into Valor.

Strangely, Xavius is one of the easier bosses in EN and Cenarius is by far the hardest. Recruit a healer and progress Ilgynoth meanwhile. Might be boring and feel like you are stuck but you will wipe a lot less than in Valor.

I keep calling it Valor cause I can't remember if Trial or Halls of Valor is the raid xD

dragons 4 healers should be enough with the current gear , but on the other side you can just go illy if you have a shaman its quite easy the stacking 8 debuffs and timing the totem + timers is probably the hardest thing on the fight , one you got it , he should be dead fast , took us about 40 tryed to kill him on mythic and like 20 where just dying on the debuff

Deleted
    Go ilg, it shouldn't be hard if your raiders have half brain and know when to dps and when not. If your raiders just want to fill the recount then better go dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odyn is way harder than anything you'll see in EN. Dragons is doable with 4 healers, but you'll want people on the side with 1 healer (during portals) to pay attention.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'd say you're screwed if you don't have access to fifth healer.

Il'gynoth is pretty much a 5 healer fight. There's a massive amount of healing and adding extra dpser doesn't make it any easier. Surviving 8 stacks is just one part of the fight, there's still a lot of damage coming from constant blob explosions, lots of dispeling, kiting, debuffs from Corruptors, damage inside the eye. Sure it's doable with four, but not really recommended on your first kill. Recent patch didn't really buff healers in any significant way, so it's not going to be much easier.

Mythic Odyn, despite his nerfs, is still leagues above anything in EN. Extremely long fight, with very high damage, lots of movement, instant kill mechanics, strict positioning and high dps check in his final phase.

Deleted
    assuming you are ilvl 880 average with the 7.1.5 changes to most classes, you should be able to handle dragons with 4 healers. stick your strongest (best) healer on the side that is going to be a healer 'short' for the periods of time when one of your healers need to go into the portals.

it's not really a difficult fight to learn, or execute, just focus on killing everything that spawns pretty much, make a rotation for interupts in the portal, and make sure your tanks get into a good rythm for how to handle the dragon swaps.

Dragons are easier than Ilgy, but in my opinion you'll need 5 healers in both cases.
    Cenarius can be easily overgeared if you are 880ish, and xavius is pretty easy aswell.

So, unless you can recruit a healer asap, (which you absolutely plan on doing sooner or later) go for dragons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    it's not really a difficult fight to learn, or execute, just focus on killing everything that spawns pretty much, make a rotation for interupts in the portal, and make sure your tanks get into a good rythm for how to handle the dragon swaps.
    You don't even need interrupts in the portals; you can just dance around the add inthere if you want...

How hard is Odyn now? We've been extending since our first kill. I was told its considerably easier after the nerfs.

Dragons is probably your best bet. Ilgynoth is a more mechanical fight while dragons can be brute forced as long as the tanks swap well enough.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Phase two is much easier, phase three is roughly the same. Sure it's slightly shorter and tanks aren't dying nearly as much, but it's still ~3 Smites to handle. For someone who already killed him, it should be pretty easy. For those with merely 3/7... no.

So Odyn is out, got that. Then either Dragons or Ilgynoth...

@Jotaux if you guys downed Odyn only once before nerfs, then Odyn now will be a faceroll one shoot for you

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Valor Mythic is prolly twice as hard as EN. Clear 7/7 M (possibly multiple farm clears for gear) before even considering going into Valor.

Strangely, Xavius is one of the easier bosses in EN and Cenarius is by far the hardest. Recruit a healer and progress Ilgynoth meanwhile. Might be boring and feel like you are stuck but you will wipe a lot less than in Valor.

I keep calling it Valor cause I can't remember if Trial or Halls of Valor is the raid xD
    My friend had to rebuild their guild, and have only recently been able to get a strong full team back together. After Dragons, Il'gynoth took them several weeks, but Cenarius was 9 pulled & Xavius fell the raid after. Given the gear people have right now, Cenarius isn't really an issue at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of the ToV bosses as EN boss # 8 9 and 10.

Which means they are harder than M Xavius.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How hard is Odyn now? We've been extending since our first kill. I was told its considerably easier after the nerfs.

Dragons is probably your best bet. Ilgynoth is a more mechanical fight while dragons can be brute forced as long as the tanks swap well enough.
    It's a joke to heal now, but everything that wiped groups is still there, your players didn't suddenly get smarter when it comes to runic brands and tornadoes.

Basically the damage is a lot lower and the spears won't one shot you.

Well, we had one more dps spec to heal to have 5 healers (2 of them being dps players) and got our firstkills on dragons and ilgynoth. Guess that´s all we could hope for.

Thank you all

Congrats! That's awesome! I find right after a first kill the guild is just intoxicated with hype.