Deleted

Bough of Corruption

Hey guys - is it just me or is this bugged out for Aff?
    Mine doesn't proc after 7.1.5
    It does in Destro and Demo.

Is this a bug or is it only me?

I just went though my logs last night and confirmed the debuff was never applied. I was affliction on every boss.

Edit: I guess I was misled. It never procced on nyth, Proced only once on xav, Once on Cenarius.

Totaled 5mil damage across the 9 heroic bosses in EN and ToV.

Compared to a log on Monday before the patch which did 13mil on 7 bosses.

Definitely not working
    Last edited by Pegboard; 2017-01-12 at 04:48 PM.

I can also attest. Trinket did 7.8M damage throughout an entire mythic clear of EN

Deleted
    same for me, 8.94m after full EN clear. not sure if its bugged or the proc chance is just pitifully low because it did 4.5% of my dps on nythendra but only 0.6% on ursoc. in fact almost half of the trinkets total damage throughout the entire raid was dealt just during the nythendra encounter, then it just seemed to stop proccing almost entirely for the rest of the instance. has anyone submitted a bug report to blizzard about this?

People have noticed a generally low proc rate on a few damage trinkets since 7.1.5. Aran's ruby in particular has had the low proc rate noted by a few people in guild.

I can get it to proc pretty easily on the aoe target dummies, just using agony and SoC, and it does alright on the single target dummy using agony, corruption, UA and drain. Haven't tried it in a raid setting though.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-13 at 05:58 AM.

I am only using Bough now due to the mastery it gives and no longer running SE, instead using the MG/SC build.

Best mythic Helya attempt last night (40% p3 wipe) had it doing 1.46% of my total damage. Overall for the entire night of attempts (28 with many p2 pulls) it came in as 1.69% of my damage. Not a lot or very impressive, basically it is a stat stick.

In that same 40% attempt I used 1 seed of corruption on the massive add stack in p2 and it did 1.46% of my damage... Kind of depressing how lackluster Bough is!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilkizan View Post
    I am only using Bough now due to the mastery it gives and no longer running SE, instead using the MG/SC build.

Best mythic Helya attempt last night (40% p3 wipe) had it doing 1.46% of my total damage. Overall for the entire night of attempts (28 with many p2 pulls) it came in as 1.69% of my damage. Not a lot or very impressive, basically it is a stat stick.

In that same 40% attempt I used 1 seed of corruption on the massive add stack in p2 and it did 1.46% of my damage... Kind of depressing how lackluster Bough is!
    This is almost correct. Bough, as well as a few other trinkets, only proc on direct damage, and not DOTS. For aff, this includes:
    Corruption artifact proc
    Compounding Horror
    Effigy ticks on the boss

Without effigy bough is basically not useable at all.

On top of that, if anyone in your raid is running it, you share a proc chance with them, cutting the damage down by a lot.
    Last edited by Terryn; 2017-01-14 at 03:43 AM.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Bough can proc from dots. Just tested it now on dummies using solely agony and corruption. Nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Bough can proc from dots. Just tested it now on dummies using solely agony and corruption. Nothing else.
    Do you have the corruption gold trait? If so try testing with just agony. I did this for about 10 minutes and never got a proc.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Yeh, seems like it was harvester of souls proccing it. That should be enough to provide the number of proc events we need in a fight though I would've thought.

The more important thing about Bough though, especially in the context of fights like Helya, is wasted procs that never ramp up and never get a chance to spread properly. Say it procs on the back slimes in p1 and the decaying minions just as they die in p2 and p3 then you're not going to see much benefit from it. It really needs a focal target that lives a decent length of time. We should have enough proc events going on, but we still need it to proc somewhere that it's not going to be wasted.

In a slight bit of fortuitous timing it also seems that as of the next round of hotfixes we'll have SE and AC, so there should be plenty of opportunities for it to proc at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, seems like it was harvester of souls proccing it. That should be enough to provide the number of proc events we need in a fight though I would've thought.

The more important thing about Bough though, especially in the context of fights like Helya, is wasted procs that never ramp up and never get a chance to spread properly. Say it procs on the back slimes in p1 and the decaying minions just as they die in p2 and p3 then you're not going to see much benefit from it. It really needs a focal target that lives a decent length of time. We should have enough proc events going on, but we still need it to proc somewhere that it's not going to be wasted.

In a slight bit of fortuitous timing it also seems that as of the next round of hotfixes we'll have SE and AC, so there should be plenty of opportunities for it to proc at least.
    Frankly, it's useless damage on helya because that damage is so minuscule, even if it procs at the absolutely optimal time. The only time that trinket is going to be any good is on a fight like Xavius if you're trying to do rng your way to orange parses. The ramp up time is absolutely horrendous. Looking at helya examples, it "could" proc at the right time, and look at the burst potential that just about every other class has, let alone the fact that soul flame is going to absolutely destroy decaying minions before you get any reasonable dot procs.

Your going to be better off with stat sticks (helya, nightbane trinkets) than this.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    You are right, it never proced once as affliction when i raided yesterday. This is a major discovery, hope they fix it.

I also noticed that bough procs just by being in combat. Was doing daily quests and saw the proc on mobs i was not even attacking yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    I also noticed that bough procs just by being in combat. Was doing daily quests and saw the proc on mobs i was not even attacking yet
    This. Something is up with bough. I'm running it and I'm seeing mobs with the effect on it and they're not even aggrod. Apparently all trinkets are behaving strangely. I am also getting trinket procs off pots aswell

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    were you already fighting another mob at the time? because the proc spreads to other targets, even if they aren't in combat with you

Right but occasionally I'll click an add that is docile, entirely unaggrod and it will have the proc on it. I'm not sure what's going on with it but it's definitely not behaving right. They don't seem to be taking the damage but do have the debuff. It also seems like my pet procs it more often than I can. After testing for 5 minutes on a dummy without the pet attacking and getting 1 proc, and then just letting my pet attack I got 4 procs. Could be rng...but I don't know..

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mivetran View Post
    were you already fighting another mob at the time? because the proc spreads to other targets, even if they aren't in combat with you
    yes. FOr example on surumar dailies, theres a caster like 15-20 yards behind me casting at me and has bough dbuff when i have 2 melee targets in front of me

7+ Year Old Account
    This all sounds like normal behavior. Bough will proc on anything off of the 3 sources i said earlier, and then can spread to anything within 30 yards of that target, agroing things in its wake. Its pretty fun.
    Don't be like haunt guy.