Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The movies / shows that you'd want to see but could never happen

I know it's an old one but I was rewatching The Dark Knight and:

http://imgur.com/a/sTX7b
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

A second Pacific Rim with Del Toro directing *cries*

A Star Trek film that was actually a Star Trek film about exploring new ideas and chaplenging the old, as opposed to action flicks with a fancy coat of paint. Only the Motion Picture and Voyage Home actually did that.

A Quantum Leap movie where Sam finally makes it home.

Del Toro's film adaption of At The Mountains of Madness.

Its never gonna happen now.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Silmarillion would be the most obvious answer.

Any Brad Thor Novel

political thriller, espionage, guns, high tech weaponry, in a real world setting

think James Bond, but of the CIA of America

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    Any Brad Thor Novel

political thriller, espionage, guns, high tech weaponry, in a real world setting

think James Bond, but of the CIA of America
    So like Jack Reacher, Mission Impossible and Bourne Trilogy?

The last Airbender that IS NOT directed by that M.Knight who ruins more movies than he makes good ones.

Live Action Pokemon

Deleted
    A Warcraft TV Series that doesn't divert from half the established lore, 5 seasons for each installment of the RPG.

Season 6, 7 and 8 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-01-12 at 09:41 PM.

Plantery (Vertigo comic) directed by Hitchcock.
    Any Arthur C. Clarke or Issac Asimov story without it being gutted for Hollywood concerns.
    Saturday Night Live if David Lynch replaced Lorne Michaels in history.

a movie or two based on the story of the parallax and parallax 2 albums(by between the buried and me).

an ongoing tv series based in fallout or elder scrolls, follow general mercenaries(maybe reilly's rangers from fallout 3?) on non-specific adventures. not some big quest or heroes or anything, just out doing merc shit with some possible romance or seediness here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Del Toro's film adaption of At The Mountains of Madness.

Its never gonna happen now.
    Gotta vote for this one. The thought still excites me, but I try not to think about it anymore.

Also RocknRolla 2
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    A Wheel of Time adaptation with GoT's kind of budget and casting department. It's a series that would actually benefit from the inevitable trimming of side content (like anything Elayne does after book 3 or 4).

An amazing Legend of Zelda or Legacy of Kain movie.

Fullmetal Alchemist as a live action movie series or tv series that sticks close to the manga.
    (Yes I know about the upcoming movie and my hopes are low)

10+ Year Old Account
    The return of the Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    A Wheel of Time adaptation with GoT's kind of budget and casting department. It's a series that would actually benefit from the inevitable trimming of side content (like anything Elayne does after book 3 or 4).
    Definitely with, and only with, a GoT budget. Did you see the attempt at a Sword of Truth show? *barf*

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    So like Jack Reacher, Mission Impossible and Bourne Trilogy?
    Don't forget the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan movies

An animated TV-series adaptation of a MLP/Fallout fanfic called Fallout: Equestria, with hour long episodes, lasting about 52 episodes in total. It would require a pretty big budget and some pretty damn good animation. The reasons why it will never happen should be obvious enough. It would however be the dream of dreams.

The Witcher TV-series, would also require a pretty decent budget and for Poland to give somebody like HBO film-rights to their national treasure.

And I will also throw in a vote for At the Mountains of Madness, although I'd settle for a good Lovecraftian anything movie at this point.

In general, I just wish there would be a fantasy break-through in the movie industry. Currently, legit fantasy movies are scarce.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen,with each season covering at most one book.

And while I'm wishing,an MMO set in that universe would pretty awesome as well,especially if the game world was as big as the one in the books.