Thread: Sha of Anger

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Sha of Anger

It's literally impossible to tag it now within the first few days from reset. It spawn, you fly towards it, it is literally *this* close, close enough to give you hope, and then you see its hitpoints go down in two or three hits.

Does nobody else care about this? Am I the only collector who has enough soul to hurt when this happens? Why is nothing being done about this?!

Seriously, I blame Ion Hazzikostas. And that guy I don't know the name of, the guy who calls himself "Loot Santa", who kept it secret for 6 months that you can't coin Elegon back in MoP. That guy.

good good, let the salt flow through you.

Seriously though thats the pain with mount farming a world drop outside of that expansions lifetime. 2 expansions ago is a long time in turns of gearing and tuning.
    Finding the corpse of th TLPD for months in a row was upsetting, but if you stick with it you will get there.

The jerks that feel the need to blow all cooldowns and do as much DPS as possible are also to blame. That shits plain sleazy. I'll just tap and let others get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post

Seriously though thats the pain with mount farming a world drop outside of that expansions lifetime. 2 expansions ago is a long time in turns of gearing and tuning.
    Finding the corpse of th TLPD for months in a row was upsetting, but if you stick with it you will get there.
    This is a 15min spawn World Boss.
    TLPD is different. (read: rare spawn).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

TLPD can't really be compared to a random drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's up every 15 minutes, who cares? If you can't tag him once a once with that kind spawn rate you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's up every 15 minutes, who cares? If you can't tag him once a once with that kind spawn rate you're doing something wrong.
    It's got like 7 mil HP. That can be taken off by most geared dps classes today in 4+ globals. It can take up to a minute to ascertain it's spawn point and fly to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Seriously, I blame Ion Hazzikostas.

What do you want done exactly, and how can you blame Ion for an outdated boss getting killed by players who grossly outgear it? If you wanna blame anyone, blame the players who pop cooldowns and drop it in an attempt to kill it BEFORE other people get there. I've run into that plenty, and I've been in that situation. I'm not gonna blame a dev when it's clearly a community issue.

Honestly, work on your placement. I plant myself in between Yaungol on the mountains, that way I'm pretty much the shortest distance away from each node. If you're constantly moving you're gonna fuck yourself. I rarely miss it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    It can take up to a minute to ascertain it's spawn point and fly to it.
    It definitely doesn't. I do ONE camera spin when I hear him emote and I'm off and flying in his direction. 3s tops to locate, MAYBE 20-25s to fly there. 1min and you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-01-12 at 09:36 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

It's got like 7 mil HP. That can be taken off by most geared dps classes today in 4+ globals. It can take up to a minute to ascertain it's spawn point and fly to it.
    This is inaccurate. If you set your view distance to 6 or7 and sit between all 5 spawns, then face west. You can keep 3 spawns in view. When he spawns, he'll either be there, or behind you. Takes 2 seconds to figure out. It's not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they could give him a long new angsty monologue that makes him untargetable for 30 seconds after spawning. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The absolutely easiest way to fix this issue would be making him spawn always in one location.

In 7-11 years blizzard maybe will come to that conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post

Should start fishing http://ptr.wowhead.com/title=83/salty

But seriously, you nerds these days are so entitled. I remember people camping for months to get their chance to tag this guy http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32491/time-lost-proto-drake. I camped the area for days and never saw him, only his corpse. Now you nerds are crying over a boss that respawns every 15 minutes. SORRY IF WAITING 15M IS NOT CONVENIENT FOR YOU.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-12 at 09:59 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I camped tlpd for 3 months and gave up before I finally found him. Then I found him on a alt within 24hrs of trying.

Let me guess, Paladin? Death knight? The problem is people with bonus speed will always get there first. 15 minutes respawn (it's actually up to 25 though) doesn't mean much if you can't get there in time.

I don't blame people, people rush the boss and by the time they tag it it's already dying. Blizz should make it spawn faster or give it a fixed spawn location for the entire week. There's really no need to get frustrated over this, it's not like PvP or rare spawns where there's competition.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's got like 7 mil HP. That can be taken off by most geared dps classes today in 4+ globals.
    Absolutely. Most geared dps classes* today are totally doing 1,272,500 burst dps while solo questing.

(*Except all 7.1.5 hunter specs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The jerks that feel the need to blow all cooldowns and do as much DPS as possible are also to blame. That shits plain sleazy. I'll just tap and let others get there.
    It's not my fault i wanna get my shit done and move on, if you can't be there in time sucks to be you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Let me guess, Paladin? Death knight? The problem is people with bonus speed will always get there first. 15 minutes respawn (it's actually up to 25 though) doesn't mean much if you can't get there in time.

I don't blame people, people rush the boss and by the time they tag it it's already dying. Blizz should make it spawn faster or give it a fixed spawn location for the entire week. There's really no need to get frustrated over this, it's not like PvP or rare spawns where there's competition.
    Nope! I play a DH and a Shammy, neither of which have bonus mount speed.
    You have to hit a mob that spawns frequently ONCE in a week to get your loot chance, its a non-issue really.

Nope! I play a DH and a Shammy, neither of which have bonus mount speed.
    You have to hit a mob that spawns frequently ONCE in a week to get your loot chance, its a non-issue really.
    So you play 2 chars, usually collectors have 5+, often 10 lined up for Sha.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you're on US, find a way to phase yourself to the rp-pvp realms (Emerald Dream/Maelstrom etc) you'll get most of your kills on them, except on reset day you might miss one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    It's not my fault i wanna get my shit done and move on, if you can't be there in time sucks to be you.
    Yep, this type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Should start fishing http://ptr.wowhead.com/title=83/salty

But seriously, you nerds these days are so entitled. I remember people camping for months to get their chance to tag this guy http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32491/time-lost-proto-drake. I camped the area for days and never saw him, only his corpse. Now you nerds are crying over a boss that respawns every 15 minutes. SORRY IF WAITING 15M IS NOT CONVENIENT FOR YOU.
    Difference is you don't have to kill TLPD an average of 2000 times to get the mount

I remember seeing a post about a dev saying they were going to fix his health to scale with each player tag, like rares. Maybe try to tweet at them or something and see what happened to that? That is a better idea than a flat health scale up since there's people on lower pop realms that have to solo or duo him. Apart from that, making him unattackable for 10-20 seconds would be a good idea, or just the single spawn point, but even with a single spawn especially on PvP servers you might not even make it to tag. If you're PvP and sit on the ground in front of him you will get rekt and I know there's a few people that farm him on low level characters. Sit in the sky and wait and people might nuke him before you fly down to tag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Man, that extra like 10 seconds of waiting caused by simply tagging it and sitting there must really matter to you.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple