Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can say its

SAD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who has the bigger vocabulary Trump or Bush?

He sounds like Sarah Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    At this point, I don't even wish Hilary had won. I would totally support replacing Trump with any qualified Republican fit to lead.
    That's basically our only recourse at this point, for Republicans to impeach Trump and we settle for Pence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    That sins of the father arnt a valid argument. That im not guilty for black repression in history because I never repressed a single one. "White guilt" concepts like this are very troubling and they seem accepted by the liberal government. I will never apologize or be told to be quiet or my opinion dosnt matter because im white, because I was born white with no chocie. I will fight the racism of "PC"
    Only extremists say this (I know they exist because I've seen it), and most people just say that U.S. institutions are against black people. Long-dead racist people built the system to keep black people out of power and some racist people like Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump try it keep it that way. If someone can't see that and doesn't want to fix the system , then maybe they are the current problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I can't believe I am saying this but I agree, without Hillary Clinton to balance Trump out people see what a POS he is. This election people were voting more against a candidate than for one.
    Truth. I voted for Hillary, but largely because she was the only other option that wasn't Trump (and wouldn't have been throwing my vote in the garbage by going 3rd party).
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Well, I'm gay, and I certainly know that there's a difference between being polite and respectful versus hating on a minority group.

I've seen people being genuinely afraid of talking to me just because I was gay -- not because they were afraid I would hit on them, but because they weren't sure what they were allowed to say and what they weren't.
    I have been friends with a few gay, and at least one lesbian friend before. I don't share the preference, but to me they were good friends without distinction from those who are straight. It is appalling to see people who are homophobic or discriminate. Like Meryl said: "When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose" However, not everyone is in a powerful position. Sometimes it is normal people who bullies, and it is a shame.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2017-01-12 at 11:16 PM.

You post basically translates to: as a white person its now your turn to shut up and sit back because whites did that to others before. I say NO. I say fuck you, and I say make me. I have every right to enjoy the same life here as any minority and not have that impeded because I happen to be born white. You sound like the racist one. I dont see skin color. I mean... I see it. Not my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Censoring extremism is censorship. And im anti censorship. Simple as that. Because repressed opinions are always more dangerous. In the light they can have eyes on them and be watched. Forced ino the darkness they feel validated, and have an easier time recruiting others to their dangerous opinions. In the dark their opinions run uncontested and bystanders arnt reminded of the foolly of these opinions.
    I didn't say that and you're being very rude.

Its a condition called verbal diarrhea. Very serious. Sad.

Not everyone whos anti PC is anti gay. Im the biggest opponent of PC culture and my brother is gay. I marched beside him in a parade to show my support. He also speaks very vocally of his anti PC opinions despite being a gay man. Its people like you who make this a war. We want the death of PC we all do. My gay brothers, my black brothers. We all just want this dead. And none of you speak for them.

- - - Updated - - -

The I totally misunderstood. Im sorry.
    It's ok. I understand where the anger comes from though. I ran across this post on Tumblr yesterday and now I don't understand this country anymore:
    http://yamino.tumblr.com/post/155702...rolledeuphoria

So Trump is an arrogant buffoon? What a shock, none of us ever suspected that!

Seriously, people knew what they were getting before and during the election and still voted for him anyway. Some of you need to get over it. If the election had been between Obama and Trump it would have been interesting. You would have to choose between an intelligent, well spoken man who does nothing or an idiotic clown who has a track record of getting things done.

As it turns out, the choice was between a successful moron or a corrupt parasite. The only real surprise is that Trump didn't win bigger that he did.
    Last edited by Torto; 2017-01-12 at 11:22 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Braindead president voted by braindead people from the flyover states. It's the perfect combination.
    There is actually a mental disorder most associated with "word salad". I need to find it again - but it basically means starting to speak and being unable to hold a coherent thought, rambling from one topic to another.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    There is actually a mental disorder most associated with "word salad". I need to find it again - but it basically means starting to speak and being unable to hold a coherent thought, rambling from one topic to another.
    Idiocy? /10charsrsrsrsrs

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Idiocy? /10charsrsrsrsrs
    Well, yes. But there was specific term for the subcategorization. I'll have to find it again.

I swear it seems like he has some weird attachment under his toupe that is feeding constant streams of egomania into his brain that interrupt every thought he ever has.

Man I hope somebody turns that off at some point. Because he doesn't actually sound like a complete retard (Even if I disagree with him) when he tries to actually make a point.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Wernicke's aphasia?

People with receptive aphasia are typically unaware of how they are speaking and do not realize their speech may lack meaning. This is due to poor comprehension skills and the inability to understand their own speech because of overall self-monitoring deficits.
    That sounds about right. It would be interesting (but almost impossible) to see what he thinks he just said after speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I have been friends with a few gay, and at least one lesbian friend before. I don't share the preference, but to me they were good friends without distinction from those who are straight. It is appalling to see people who are homophobic or discriminate. Like Meryl said: "When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose" However, not everyone is in a powerful position. Sometimes it is normal people who bullies, and it is a shame.
    I often tell this story that happened just a few years ago. I used to be a video game store clerk and there was this man who'd come in and buy games in bulk. He had his own business -- he was mostly buying games here in Canada, which, at the time, were cheaper than in the US, and then he'd repack them and resell them on the other side of the border.

He'd been coming fairly often -- perhaps once a week. He was kind of old, grey hair, grey beard. Many wrinkles. But definitely not over 65. And so one week, he comes in and conduct business as usual. I was with a colleague of mine who was taking care of him and, for some reason, the subject fall upon homosexuals.

The man got very angry, his face contorted in disgust. I don't know what or why that triggered him, but he lost his usual happiness. At that point, he very clearly stated a single sentence: If I had my way, I'd make a law that allow them to be shot on sight. Kiss in public? Boom.

And I froze. I remember vividly looking at my colleague, who knew I was gay at the time (I was somewhat still in the closet, but not entirely). He was completely livid. Obviously, his first reaction was to defend homosexuals, but obviously he hit a wall of prejudice very fast. As he saw I wasn't speaking or contributing to the conversation, I think he understood that it was better to keep it as short as possible.

So this, to me, is pure homophobia. It's hate speech.

When people come around me and babble, unsure if they're saying the right thing, it almost makes me laugh a bit. I feel bad for these people, because these people do not hate homosexuals, yet they end up being so closely watched... That's not right. Meanwhile, real homophobic arses are still spewing the same crap all over the place.

There we go, slice of life. Thought I'd share to illustrate where I come from.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

It is because he actually speaks for himself and without a TelePrompter as opposed to having professional speech writers and having TelePrompters at your beckon call.

I think we're being a little unfair here. By saying he has an inability to express himself, we're assuming hes capable of having a coherent thought in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It is because he actually speaks for himself and without a TelePrompter as opposed to having professional speech writers and having TelePrompters at your beckon call.
    Ahhh yes like all the press conferences of past presidents, all pre-scripted its a wonder why they even bother with them anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I often tell this story that happened just a few years ago. I used to be a video game store clerk and there was this man who'd come in and buy games in bulk. He had his own business -- he was mostly buying games here in Canada, which, at the time, were cheaper than in the US, and then he'd repack them and resell them on the other side of the border.

He'd been coming fairly often -- perhaps once a week. He was kind of old, grey hair, grey beard. Many wrinkles. But definitely not over 65. And so one week, he comes in and conduct business as usual. I was with a colleague of mine who was taking care of him and, for some reason, the subject fall upon homosexuals.

The man got very angry, his face contorted in disgust. I don't know what or why that triggered him, but he lost his usual happiness. At that point, he very clearly stated a single sentence: If I had my way, I'd make a law that allow them to be shot on sight. Kiss in public? Boom.

And I froze. I remember vividly looking at my colleague, who knew I was gay at the time (I was somewhat still in the closet, but not entirely). He was completely livid. Obviously, his first reaction was to defend homosexuals, but obviously he hit a wall of prejudice very fast. As he saw I wasn't speaking or contributing to the conversation, I think he understood that it was better to keep it as short as possible.

So this, to me, is pure homophobia. It's hate speech.

When people come around me and babble, unsure if they're saying the right thing, it almost makes me laugh a bit. I feel bad for these people, because these people do not hate homosexuals, yet they end up being so closely watched... That's not right. Meanwhile, real homophobic arses are still spewing the same crap all over the place.

There we go, slice of life. Thought I'd share to illustrate where I come from.
    Thanks for sharing. I agree. It is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    No, he's actually borderline coherent (and completely robotic) when reading off teleprompters (the things he said politicians shouldn't be able to use).

He's barely comprehensible when speaking without prepared text. He sounds like an ADD 8 year old thinks a big time businessman sounds like when he's speaking without prepared text. Jumping all over the place, sticking to mostly monosyllabic words, having a vocabulary the size of a middle schooler, and being completely incapable of showing any maturity or professionalism.