Thread: So AT&T..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I pay 20 for 110/100. I win!
    I need to move to your country...
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-01-18 at 09:12 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I hate ATT had nothing but problems, I would never trust a word they say even if it were true. When I finally got to cancel a few years back because I was moving the woman's voice was so gleeful about a cancellation fee. The joy quickly was gone when I told her she can't charge a cancellation fee when I move to a state that they are not in. This was all after having my 70 dollar bill go to 150, of which the customer support agent said "well sir maybe you should know what you are paying for when you sign up for something" after 2 minutes of being escalated they told me it was their billing system having issues. The following month my bill was 300 dollars, and after that 600...Each fucking time I had to explain the issue for 45 minutes because they are too damned inept to properly record things in tickets. Like how is my bill 600 dollars with no late fees and one box? How do you not catch onto the fact that doesn't make sense...ATT sucks and a lot of their employees do too (I'm sure there are some fantastic ones, but I wouldn't know)

Rant done sorry

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Jesus christ, 84$ for 28mb, i pay like 40 for 100/100, lol
    location, location, location. I pay $85 for 60/3 (800gb monthly limit) and its the second best plan available to me (best plan being 100/5 and costing me $40 extra, no thank you). that's in part because we are fairly rural and our other options are shitty overpriced satellite or Verizon basic dsl (no fiber and I'm not willing to pay the money it would cost to put us on their fiber grid). but in comparison... we actualy have it far FAR better than other more rural areas where all they have is a Satellite, period.

meanwhile in more populated areas, especially larger cities - prices and speeds are better, solely because denser population = a LOT more costumers per foot of cable, so even if you drop down to competetive prices and speeds, you'll still make profit unlike with my area where each house comes with several acres of land.

Yeah I live out in the sticks, and pay $45 for 5/1, its fucking amazing. Still better then Satellite though, least I can still game on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same thing with Comcast. They called me in July or so and told me that they now offer a twice as fast Internet for nearly the same price. I agreed, and everything is as they promised.

My assumption is, when ISPs move on to a newer hardware, they don't want a baggage of people demanding support of the outdated technologies - they would prefer to switch to a new tech completely. So they do everything they can to get people to switch, starting with calling everyone, and ending with probably just switching without asking those who still haven't made up their mind.

I wouldn't worry too much. Companies of the level of AT&T don't scam their clients out of the blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.