I love boomkin in 7.1.5

Now I know that many of you do not feel like I do, but I love the fact that so many talents are not viable and how crazy our rotation can be on some encounter.
    Best example is Helya. If you have not seen it yet, go look up Helya mythic and look at what Gebuz's talents were and which legs he used.
    It keeps making me laugh but I used prydaz and sephuz and you know what, I did really good. I do not feel the same as I did last week when I thought:
    Damn I do not have the ring or the helm yet my dps will suck at nighthold etc...
    I use prydaz that has great stats and Oneth and I feel fine like that.
    Off course I still want the other legs, but I do not feel the need as much as I did.

I expect it but I hope Blizzard does not nerf talents that seem strong now as they are far from OP, but simply give us more options.

I am happily suprised with how we ended up and even tho we did not get a big % buff like some others classes did with our 4%, I think we are looking good right now with the new talents. All that is left is to see how we hold up in Nighthold, but for once I feel good about boomies when I expected to feel like bottom dps once again.

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but damn for once I do not feel like switchin to my alt that got their Bis over my boomie that still doesnt have his 2 bis.

10+ Year Old Account
    But is your boomie now with no ring or helm gonna compete with other classes who have their 4set? Currently we feel strong doing AoE. But our 4set is pure single target. I'm not sure how it is for other classes. But if we favour drift as a 100 talent, and Starfall over Starsurge our 4set is literally useless.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

boomkin has been fine since legion released, people just don't know how to pool ap correctly or even play it so they say it sucks. It has strong AoE and in my experience plenty of single target capability. Probably one of the only specs that doesn't completely suck to play in Legion for me, most other classes are very bland/boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    boomkin has been fine since legion released, people just don't know how to pool ap correctly or even play it so they say it sucks. It has strong AoE and in my experience plenty of single target capability. Probably one of the only specs that doesn't completely suck to play in Legion for me, most other classes are very bland/boring.
    This has been my observation also.

Our Boomkin has been consistently in top 5, and since he got the ring sometime after our Guarm Mythic kill, he has been even higher.

Boomkins are really really strong and bring a lot of utility to the raid that other classes can only dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    Now I know that many of you do not feel like I do, but I love the fact that so many talents are not viable and how crazy our rotation can be on some encounter.
    Best example is Helya. If you have not seen it yet, go look up Helya mythic and look at what Gebuz's talents were and which legs he used.
    It keeps making me laugh but I used prydaz and sephuz and you know what, I did really good. I do not feel the same as I did last week when I thought:
    Damn I do not have the ring or the helm yet my dps will suck at nighthold etc...
    I use prydaz that has great stats and Oneth and I feel fine like that.
    Off course I still want the other legs, but I do not feel the need as much as I did.

I expect it but I hope Blizzard does not nerf talents that seem strong now as they are far from OP, but simply give us more options.

I am happily suprised with how we ended up and even tho we did not get a big % buff like some others classes did with our 4%, I think we are looking good right now with the new talents. All that is left is to see how we hold up in Nighthold, but for once I feel good about boomies when I expected to feel like bottom dps once again.

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but damn for once I do not feel like switchin to my alt that got their Bis over my boomie that still doesnt have his 2 bis.
    It was done on an add heavy fight that was bugged, he took that same spec into EN and it did 7th 9th and 11th on certain fights. Funny on how nobody bothers to mention that bit of info..

Single target -we were fine if you had the legendary helm and/or ring. If you didn't you were below average.

AoE we've been middle of the pack and only for stuff that lives for a long time (7+).

It's a very good enjoyable class though and imho very underrated for Mythic + when we can bring: treants, solar beam, bres and solid dps. We're not DH/Monk/DK/Mage god status but can certainly hold our own.

Deleted
    dunno why everyone is so excited. boomkin are pretty much unchanged just minor damage buffs. no mechanical issues resolved.

very sad that the community is happy with a few damage buffs. now devs see this and think everyone is happy no need to review boomies until next xpac.

sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    dunno why everyone is so excited. boomkin are pretty much unchanged just minor damage buffs. no mechanical issues resolved.

very sad that the community is happy with a few damage buffs. now devs see this and think everyone is happy no need to review boomies until next xpac.

sigh.
    Because our ramp up is much less of an issue and the talents are more diverse. Which were the major issues people had with the spec.

Me too! I used to hate it in WoD and I was MS feral and absolutely loved feral.

In HFC, we had about 3-4 Moonkins in our raid team and 8-10 cats (We raid with only druids)
    Now, in Legion we only have about 3-4 cats and 16-18 Moonkins. Most of the time, we barely got enough melee dps.

The dmg output for feral at the moment is just nothing in comparison to the complexity of the spec. Moonkin feels a lot more satisfying, instead of before - where it just felt punishing all the time. The AoE Damage seem to be solid as well, and it is an all-round good spec to play.

For sure my Main DPS spec is Moonkin and my druid alts are Moonkins too. I can't be bothered with feral anymore, and sadly, a lot of druids in my guild can't either.

Deleted
    I think it still needs more improvement. It is not bad. You still loose a lot of dps when fight is move heavy - but lots of casters have this problem. You have to think and predict movement so wait with you SS till you need to move etc.
    What I really don't like is changing talents between fights, we should be able to have similar dps but just different style of play when you change your talents

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    Me too! I used to hate it in WoD and I was MS feral and absolutely loved feral.

In HFC, we had about 3-4 Moonkins in our raid team and 8-10 cats (We raid with only druids)
    Now, in Legion we only have about 3-4 cats and 16-18 Moonkins. Most of the time, we barely got enough melee dps.

The dmg output for feral at the moment is just nothing in comparison to the complexity of the spec. Moonkin feels a lot more satisfying, instead of before - where it just felt punishing all the time. The AoE Damage seem to be solid as well, and it is an all-round good spec to play.

For sure my Main DPS spec is Moonkin and my druid alts are Moonkins too. I can't be bothered with feral anymore, and sadly, a lot of druids in my guild can't either.
    This is... just amazing Did you have cases of epileptic attacks during raids because of all the lazer beamz?

I also think the boomkin changes in patch 7.1.5, even though a lot of people were pretty pessimistic, put boomis in a really good spot overall by buffing our spread AoE and multidot capabilities. Because that's what boomis were historically very good at and which fell short since legion launch. With set boni buffing our single target I guess we are a very solid choice come NH.

So why not just get a mastery heavy gear and a haste heavy gear(until breakpoint and then mastery) and swap them to your needs. Talents can be reset with that thingy.

The changes made us much better for M+(which is a big part of WoW now) and we also got some buffs for single target.
    Most pro raiders farm M+ for AP, so that's very good for them.
    Still better than nothing and still much better than I expected the buffs to be, hope they won't change it.
    My beef is with the SFall radius. It's freaking and using @cursor macros can be a bummer in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    It was done on an add heavy fight that was bugged, he took that same spec into EN and it did 7th 9th and 11th on certain fights. Funny on how nobody bothers to mention that bit of info..
    And if you bothered to look at the EN logs you'll see that the fights weren't played optimally.

But honestly there is and should be no way that a starfall only playstyle should be near the top on single target fights...

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    But is your boomie now with no ring or helm gonna compete with other classes who have their 4set? Currently we feel strong doing AoE. But our 4set is pure single target. I'm not sure how it is for other classes. But if we favour drift as a 100 talent, and Starfall over Starsurge our 4set is literally useless.
    Off course not having all legendaries will hinder your dps on some encounters but I never thought I would say that: Prydaz is good.
    That is only because we now have haste on it and that its stats were buffed so much.
    I would love to have the ring and helmet, but prydaz Oneth feel good for now and I can do way more on single target and cleave fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    And if you bothered to look at the EN logs you'll see that the fights weren't played optimally.

But honestly there is and should be no way that a starfall only playstyle should be near the top on single target fights...
    I think I was not clear enough because I gave one specific case with why I like the changes so far.
    I would never consider Starfall to be better on single target and it is not either.
    I simply loved the fact that we could play unused talent and do so much dps with them now.
    We have like 3-4 talents we never or rarely would use before that we can use often now.
    I love boomies so I am happy it now does a lil more dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently you feel powerful. But when everyone else gets set bonuses, catches up and over takes you while your set bonus on helps an already weak single target and does nothing for your AoE you'll be left behind.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This has been my observation also.

Our Boomkin has been consistently in top 5, and since he got the ring sometime after our Guarm Mythic kill, he has been even higher.

Boomkins are really really strong and bring a lot of utility to the raid that other classes can only dream of.
    GDI not this again....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    He also placed 5th on guarm and did respectably well on Ursoc as well, so just saying there are "certain fights" where he didn't destroy everyone on the meter doesn't really mean much cause it kinda goes both ways. It just means there are some fights that aren't tailored towards that playstyle, no one is saying Stellar Drift is going to start being our "go-to" raid spec because it performs exceptionally well on 1 fight and is mediocre on several others. If anything this is the exact scenario blizzars has been trying for for so long, where certain talents excel in different situations and you aren't hindered to use one build at all times for all encounters.

Side Note: How is helya "bugged"?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Double the amount of minions spawned in p3 for like a day, day and a half after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post

Just proves my point..lol

GDI not this again....

- - - Updated - - -

He also placed 5th on guarm and did respectably well on Ursoc as well, so just saying there are "certain fights" where he didn't destroy everyone on the meter doesn't really mean much cause it kinda goes both ways. It just means there are some fights that aren't tailored towards that playstyle, no one is saying Stellar Drift is going to start being our "go-to" raid spec because it performs exceptionally well on 1 fight and is mediocre on several others. If anything this is the exact scenario blizzars has been trying for for so long, where certain talents excel in different situations and you aren't hindered to use one build at all times for all encounters.

That's been my point this whole time, everyone keeps referring to this 1 fight as its the basis for how we are going to be dominating this patch. All this proved was 1 fight we looked great, and everything else will just be mediocre. PEople aren't taking into acct NH will bring better gear for certain classes with better set pieces and probably a bunch of buffs for classes as well.

Personally im not going to be even bothered with getting even a little hyped, just going to see where this goes and hope it ends up being good.

There were extra 3 mobs on p3, 6 instead of 3. It was hotfixed since then.
    Last edited by vorchun; 2017-01-13 at 08:36 PM.

Its a lot more satisfiying to play moonkin at the moment in mythic+
    With skittish teeming and fortified you can go with a full aoe specc, because bosses dont matter.

In my experience (-->so only anecdotal evidence) we can compete pretty well. In aoe we are on par with most speccs, while being a little worse on bosses.

To be a good mythic+ specc we would need a singel target buff (natures balance basline for example) and then we would be - in my opinion - slightly behind the top speccs.
    You wont win against a Dh this way or another but we would be in a good spot.

Raiding wise it hasent changed much. We are pretty good on heyla and medicore on the rest. Singel target hasnt really changed and we suffer there still. (natures balance baseline again )

All in all 7.1.5. has changed our position for the better but we are still not anywhere great. Personally hope for a small number change for singel target.