Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Our Prayers have been Answered! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Confirmed!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform

Direct sequel to the original game, confirmed for the switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hallelujah! with that, Breath of the Wiled, and Super Mario Odyssey I will be a very happy Nintendo fan boy

15+ Year Old Account
    I was bouncing around on my couch as soon as I saw monolith logo and my boyfriend told me to shut up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand yay, on the other hand they went back to the world that had a whole story and needed no sequel, rather than the world with massive sequel bait. Uh..

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    On one hand yay, on the other hand they went back to the world that had a whole story and needed no sequel, rather than the world with massive sequel bait. Uh..
    I know it's hidden in side quests so most people don't realize it but...

The worlds are the same...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I know it's hidden in side quests so most people don't realize it but...

The worlds are the same...
    I mean, I know they're the same universe (unless Mira's actually the same world too, which I don't think it is but I could be wrong, I didn't delve too deep in the sidequests of either game), but this made it look/sound like they're going far, far away from the X storyline, which ended on a cliffhanger.

I mean, I know they're the same universe (unless Mira's actually the same world too, which I don't think it is but I could be wrong, I didn't delve too deep in the sidequests of either game), but this made it look/sound like they're going far, far away from the X storyline, which ended on a cliffhanger.
    You literally hunt down and find the Monado on a side quest. Not only same universe, I'm pretty sure Mira is the very same planet(albeit after Shulk reboots the universe I think...)

Xenoblade 2 doesn't feel like is has much to do with the first game either, just more similar with less of a sci fi focus. It will probably loosely tie the 2 games together, and possibly help setup an X2 later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story of XC ends in a pretty open ended manner though, there's no reason they couldn't built something just as good with that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, didn't know you actually find the Monado in an X sidequest.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The story of XC ends in a pretty open ended manner though, there's no reason they couldn't built something just as good with that.
    Chances are that they will do a sequel to XCX after XC2.

Look at the following picture, looks like the girl is the personification of the main character's blade, or she is a Xenoblade?

Fair enough, didn't know you actually find the Monado in an X sidequest.
    There's no way it wasn't anything but a reference, considering that it was a stupid Nopon version of the weapon.

http://legendsoflocalization.com/wp-...pon-monado.jpg

Stupid question but figured this was the thread to ask it.

Do you guys think its worth playing the "New" 3DS version of Xenoblade?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

It's good for the portability and the model viewer and music you can listen to outside the game, but outside of that, no.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    It's good for the portability and the model viewer and music you can listen to outside the game, but outside of that, no.
    Figured it was worth playing since I hate the wii's controllers and finding a wii copy is a bitch and costly.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

As someone who sunk seventy hours into Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3Ds and gave it a solid 10/10, absolutely yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    As someone who sunk seventy hours into Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3Ds and gave it a solid 10/10, absolutely yes!
    Returning a game soon and good chance I am grabbing it. I also got a gut feeling it will raise in price thanks to The Switch coming out.

10+ Year Old Account
    How essential is it to play XC before XCX? I'm interested in the franchise but worried I won't be able to ignore the graphical issues of 420 on a 1080 much like Skyward Sword drives me nuts with it's scaling. I'm kindof interested in the 3Ds version too but it looks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    How essential is it to play XC before XCX? I'm interested in the franchise but worried I won't be able to ignore the graphical issues of 420 on a 1080 much like Skyward Sword drives me nuts with it's scaling. I'm kindof interested in the 3Ds version too but it looks so bad.
    Xenoblade Chronicles X had absolutely nothing to do with the original Xenoblade Chronicles story wise; it's similar to Final Fantasy where they are set in the same thematic universe (except for the upcoming sequel, XC2 to the original).

I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the New 3DS XL and I wasn't bothered at all, probably because the screen is so small anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Xenoblade Chronicles X had absolutely nothing to do with the original Xenoblade Chronicles story wise; it's similar to Final Fantasy where they are set in the same thematic universe (except for the upcoming sequel, XC2 to the original).

I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the New 3DS XL and I wasn't bothered at all, probably because the screen is so small anyways.
    So even with limited info thus far you think XC will tie directly to XC2?

I might go for the 3ds one but its bothersome cause I already looked up the comparison videos. I wish they'd take all the best wii games and give them even a 720 upscale job.